Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

Nespresso Machines

21 posts in this topic

was bought one for Christmas

used it a lot

good piece of kit

We are all middle class now

dont tell Wolford

I bought a Tassimo machine for £30 in Costa offer. Great bit of kit, the tab things aren't cheap but makes really good coffee. We've have hot chocolate, cappuccino and creme brûlée flavoured coffee.

There seems to be two types, the Nescafé one and the Tassimo. Which one will oust the other.

dont tell Wolford

I've got a capuccino/espresso maker.

Taylors of Harrogate coffee.

:)

A place what I used to work at had a Nespresso machine - in part because we were within walking distance of Selfridge's which sold the full range of pots for it. I have to say it just came across as 'decent instant' to me. And I did try a fair number of the varieties.

A place what I used to work at had a Nespresso machine - in part because we were within walking distance of Selfridge's which sold the full range of pots for it. I have to say it just came across as 'decent instant' to me. And I did try a fair number of the varieties.

Once coffee's been ground, no matter how carefully you seal up the packaging, as soon as the seal's broken, you get the lovely smell of all the flavour escaping into the air.

What you need: a Cone Filter, paper filters (available in all supermarkets), mug, coffee grinder and a kettle. And preferably a water filter.

Don't use fully boiling water, and pass the first filtering through the cone a second time for full flavour.

We have a stately home. The other day I emptied the cafetière and went for a stroll round the grounds.

a toilet? Inside the house? Whatever next? Cake..with carrots in? Bread..with garlic?

Once coffee's been ground, no matter how carefully you seal up the packaging, as soon as the seal's broken, you get the lovely smell of all the flavour escaping into the air.

What you need: a Cone Filter, paper filters (available in all supermarkets), mug, coffee grinder and a kettle. And preferably a water filter.

Don't use fully boiling water, and pass the first filtering through the cone a second time for full flavour.

long time filter machine user

it always seems tepid

i dont have a prob with flavour and strength apart from hazelnut, coconut and all that carry on.

What a palaver for a brew!

Mug, teaspoon, coffee granules, sugar, milk and boiling water. Simple. Quick. Perfectly acceptable to my clearly untrained and inferior palate. And, if I fancy a change, a teabag replaces the coffee granules.

What a palaver for a brew!

Mug, teaspoon, coffee granules, sugar, milk and boiling water. Simple. Quick. Perfectly acceptable to my clearly untrained and inferior palate. And, if I fancy a change, a teabag replaces the coffee granules.

Palaver? Tab in, press button. Job done.

Palaver? Tab in, press button. Job done.

Okay. But you pay for it. Maybe I'm just a tight barsteward? :D

Perhaps it was also tongue in cheek? ;)

Am I the only person on the planet who finds coffee sickly?

A good cup of Assam tea numerous times a day for me.

Teabags are the spawn of the devil. Something you have to put up with at work, but never at home.

:dry:

I reckon that, on average, I must use my capuccino-maker at least three times a year.I generally have three or four mugs of Kenco instant coffee and the same number of pint-pots of Yorkshire leaf tea every day.

Who said anything about tea bags? (shock horror)

The tea pot ranks as mankinds greatest invention. I agree with you.

Am I the only person on the planet who finds coffee sickly?

no you're not, a nice pot of tea for me please, milk and two.

long time filter machine user

it always seems tepid

Fill the cup with boiling water and let it get hot, then empty it and filter the coffee in. Same premise as serving food on warmed plates, otherwise it goes cold very quickly.

Fill the cup with boiling water and let it get hot, then empty it and filter the coffee in. Same premise as serving food on warmed plates, otherwise it goes cold very quickly.

I collect china crockery, and have 49 teapots and coffeepots on display in my kitchen.

I make my tea in a stainless steel teapot, to save the bother of pre-warming the pot.

no you're not, a nice pot of tea for me please, milk and two.

Can't stand coffee either, tea for me too please. I get through about 7 - 8 mugs a day.