Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakey Til I Die

Save Don Valley Petition

116 posts in this topic

Thank you for the positive vibes falling short of a hint :)

Sounds exciting stuff.

I won't say they'll never make it, I just think they have little chance as they currently have been operating.

I like clubs to be realistic and honest about things and in the case of Sheffield (and others) justify their SL ambitions with real achievement, realistic plans or real advantageous events.

Offer the RFL real expansion across south Yorkshire broadening the base of the game and you may have a chance especially if you have a rich investor and a stadium like Brammal Lane.

Well the club is the current champion of their league so that's a start. I would call that an achievment especially looking at where they have come from when they just barely managed to get elected to league membership after the Shuddersfield debacle.

I've seen few persons who have overachieved more than Aston, both as a player, a coach and a team founder. I wouldn't write them off entirley.

it could also be rotherhams new york stadium not a million miles away and could help pay for the bills ???

it could also be rotherhams new york stadium not a million miles away and could help pay for the bills ???

rotherham wouldnt want them

I thought that until WCE said they're staying in Sheffield.

Would be a cracking ground to take a few games on the road to though.

Well the club is the current champion of their league so that's a start.

I've seen few persons who have overachieved more than Aston.

Sadly a failing league of falling finances though.

Mark is a legend, shame circumstances don't give him a go at coaching a top SL club

Well the club is the current champion of their league so that's a start. I would call that an achievment especially looking at where they have come from when they just barely managed to get elected to league membership after the Shuddersfield debacle.

I've seen few persons who have overachieved more than Aston, both as a player, a coach and a team founder. I wouldn't write them off entirley.

Ashton hasn't over achieved

he's achieved

Sadly a failing league of falling finances though.

Mark is a legend, shame circumstances don't give him a go at coaching a top SL club

You surprise me. I thought, according to the Leeds a team coach, that it was a league of increasing standards and rising attendances due to DR.

he's achieved

Well, well, i agree with you. watch out for lightening bolts. His greatest achievment might yet to be, if he suceeds in getting the Eagles back into SL.

he's achieved

Still can't get people to spell his name right, though.

You surprise me. I thought, according to the Leeds a team coach, that it was a league of increasing standards and rising attendances due to DR.

I agree entirely. DR has had plenty long enough to prove itself capable of turning round the "League that no one cares about."

Well, well, i agree with you. watch out for lightening bolts. His greatest achievment might yet to be, if he suceeds in getting the Eagles back into SL.

Then why say he's over achieved

The issue surrounding Aston and his achievements is that they have gone disgracefully under recognised in the city of Sheffield

Still can't get people to spell his name right, though.

My apologies to you and him

mark has done a great job but lets not forget it was gary wilkinson who got us going again .

My apologies to you and him

Apology to me not required, pal.

So, could the Eagles make a credible SL bid based on a guaranteed place at Bramall Lane whilst playing at a stadium not dissimilar to York's or Skolars?

Wondering off into the realms of pure speculation I can't help but think there won't be a Super League round of licensing next time around but it'll be Super League 1 and 2, with 10 teams in each of which Sheffield will be one.

Then why say he's over achieved

The issue surrounding Aston and his achievements is that they have gone disgracefully under recognised in the city of Sheffield

Well, I think it's a phrase in general use ti imply that someone has achieved far more than could be expected and has therefore " over" achieved. It's a compliment. If I have the contect wrong then i withdraw the use of "over". I agree with you, that;s twice in one day, that Aston's achievemnts have gone largely unrecognised.

Press conference at the English Institute of Sport (EIS) tomorrow morning, which should throw some light on the Eagles' situation.

Watch this space.

Wondering off into the realms of pure speculation I can't help but think there won't be a Super League round of licensing next time around but it'll be Super League 1 and 2, with 10 teams in each of which Sheffield will be one.

Yes it may well be with the ten Superleague clubs in the Elite televised division getting £1.8M each a year from SKY.

I condfidently predict the SKY money given to the second tier will not be reduced.

New build? Possibly with another sports team ?

Wait and see :D The announcement is very good news for the Eagles, and possibly for a run-down area of Sheffield in need of development. Or re-development. :D

Thought it might have been something along those lines a multi use stadium. Lets hope it's more successful than DV.

Yeah I realise that but would Sheffield get the funding for a new stadium as owners and sole users? Im sure they will have to share this new stadium with others.