Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castleford Hawk

Greatest Centres

48 posts in this topic

George came into the team in the latter days of Parkside then i beleive transfered to Hull but did come to us again at the Greyhound Stadium under New Hunslet.Stuart Smith blimey he could start a ruck in an empty room, always looking for a scrap with anyone who was near.For sheer try scoring ability though Wayne McHugh takes some beating even though most were scored in championship 1.

George started with Hunslet then New Hunslet before transferring to Hull.

Centres for mw would be Parrish and Kingston. I know kingston played on the wing for us but he was a centre I believe. Clark and McHugh were also good players as were Irwin and Pechey.

I thought the Kemble v. Baker decision was hard but this is proving impossible with so many names in the frame.

Can we just say who our pairing are and I'll do a count up on Wednesday. Mine are...

Tate & Irwin

its certainly a tough call, baring in mind Keinhorst as only played 3 games and aint technically our player im going for Tate and McHugh, another late call Richard Goddard and didnt Des Meaa play centre/ second row - now he was a big unit.

peter roe and sean irwin after thinking for a while

Coult & Irwin

H Moore & I higgins

I thought the Kemble v. Baker decision was hard but this is proving impossible with so many names in the frame.

Can we just say who our pairing are and I'll do a count up on Wednesday. Mine are...

Tate & Irwin

It would be interesting Phil when this team is put together , to compare it to the Hunslet team that Harry Jepson picked for the Rugby League World mag , i've got a copy of this somewhere in the loft...........

Dig it out. It will be a few weeks before we complete our team but will be interesting to match up.

We can then have a good old debate on which one would win.

Hunslets best ever centre "PENNY HILL" by a mile ...... thats what a good mate of mine said :lol:

Hunslets best ever centre "PENNY HILL" by a mile ...... thats what a good mate of mine said :lol:

Mark by any chance

What gave it away.......Ha Ha

Hahaha just a lucky guess mate. Was it after a bit of your baking???

Hahaha just a lucky guess mate. Was it after a bit of your baking???

Yes Yes and Yes...... you can get everything from bird seed to TV's and Holidays to Las Vegas the best centre for me :rolleyes:

Yes Yes and Yes...... you can get everything from bird seed to TV's and Holidays to Las Vegas the best centre for me :rolleyes:

Hahaha he's not wired up rite mate

Hahaha he's not wired up rite mate

He's been stopped smoking now for 7 weeks now and makes his own cider by getting a 2 litre carton of apple juice puts yeast into it and stretches a balloon over the top , talk about the "Good Life"

He's been stopped smoking now for 7 weeks now and makes his own cider by getting a 2 litre carton of apple juice puts yeast into it and stretches a balloon over the top , talk about the "Good Life"

I dread to think what that huts like he's in all day at work.

I dread to think what that huts like he's in all day at work.

Last i saw of him he was taking a copper cylinder and bag of taties and coiled copper pipeing into that hut.........

bubble bubble bubble BOOM

Hahah be careful mate. You'll be his next vodoo doll