Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terrywebbisgod

The Salford revolution has begun

201 posts in this topic

Kearney seems to have been in the position Veivers was, applied for the job and not selected. Bluey lost 8 games on the trot, not the sort of coach suited to the current times. Why would any SL team take on Goulding, largely unproven as a coach.

Should be interesting to see what Hunte makes of the job.

Can Oldham please send Evalds back so we can replace the ass from Wigan? ( I assume he is one of the 4 players ?)

It amazes me the comments from fans of other clubs, none of which would accept a record that Veivers had and I bet no SL club would even have him on their short list. Saints sacked their coach with a better record.

Spot on. While Veivers stuck with the club through a lot of instability, he did have most of the better quality players available to him last season and yet he still didn't manage to get Salford winning for more than what a couple of times on the bounce each time? And the win against Hull KR a week ago was the first win in ten, wasn't it? Why should Salford's owner put up with that kind of record? Saints got rid of Simmons after a four week losing streak and I didn't agree with the decision because he got us to the Grand Final in 2011 and to third in the league on the back of our worst recorded injury crisis when sometimes half our fielded team was from the u20s. I still don't agree with the Simmons sacking but what I do think Koukash has got right is the determination to raise the standards, expectations and professionalism of the Salford club. For too long now it has been a bit of a basket case and as such not taken very seriously by other clubs.

and so the revolving door begins to turn.................

Spot on. While Veivers stuck with the club through a lot of instability, he did have most of the better quality players available to him last season and yet he still didn't manage to get Salford winning for more than what a couple of times on the bounce each time? And the win against Hull KR a week ago was the first win in ten, wasn't it? Why should Salford's owner put up with that kind of record? Saints got rid of Simmons after a four week losing streak and I didn't agree with the decision because he got us to the Grand Final in 2011 and to third in the league on the back of our worst recorded injury crisis when sometimes half our fielded team was from the u20s. I still don't agree with the Simmons sacking but what I do think Koukash has got right is the determination to raise the standards, expectations and professionalism of the Salford club. For too long now it has been a bit of a basket case and as such not taken very seriously by other clubs.

Am I right in thinking you are the 'Saintslass' who wanted Mick Potter sacked from St Helens because he didn't show enough emotion ?

Phil Veivers may as well have been sacked for having long hair such is the ludicrous decision that has been made; while the rest of the club is even worse than the performances on it.

Phil Veivers went from working in a drought to working in a whirlwind and working in extremities is always difficult.

I am surprised Alan Long has not walked out on principle,but I suppose if Daniel Anderson was to get the job it will certainly benefit him.

Another masterstroke by the RFL - We have a young player jeered by the home support because of poor technique despite him being through the academy at a so-called big club - such has been the improvement in British standards - and now we have more money about to be spent on Antipodeans.

Yea,we're catching up as we go round and round in ever decreasing circles. :rolleyes:

With all this talk of revolution I'm starting to see Koukash looking like Stalin. I will take this analogy as far as possible...

Salford City REDS (Russia) have huge potential - a large population, potential for juniors, and a large stadium. However the evil powers to the west - Warrington, Wigan and Saints (Germany, Britain, France) and the evil powers to the east - Leeds, Hull (Japan, China) have been pillaging and raiding poor defenceless Salford for four Super League seasons 2009-2012 (First World War 1914-1918).

But then a saviour takes to the stage. Koukash promises to make Salford great and glorious. First he purges the club of the useless leader Phil Veivers (Tsar Nicholas II), whose awful management of affairs has caused the Salford fans (Russian people) much suffering and despair. The Salford fans have been malnourished by the lack of silverware (food) that their 'revered' leader promised them. With his money and ruthless ideology he implements a set of 1 year plans (Five Year Plans) which focus on props (steel), scrum half (oil) and fullback (electricity). Koukash tries to recruit the genius of the West - Sam Tomkins (Albert Einstein) to help lead the Salfordland into glory but he refuses. He ends up buying second-rate Australians (bad Western technical advisors) instead.

Koukash creates CITY RED PLANET TV (Battleship Potemkin), Red Radio World Service FM (Radio Moscow) and the Salford Daily Gazette (Pravda) in a bid to keep the Salford fans happy and to make them believe that he is the best leader in the entire Super League.

Five years (fifteen) after Koukash taking power Salford City Reds take on the evil Warrington Wolves Glamour Empire (Germany) on the biggest stage of all Old Trafford (Second World War). Both teams have swept away opposition in the play-offs - Castleford (Poland), Hull FC (Austria), and Catalans Dragons (Romania) have all been destroyed. For the first 50 minutes (1939-42) Warrington have repeatedly had Salford on the backfoot and look likely to be victorious, but then Koukash calls upon his team to rise up and defend their line - for it is about to break. "Comrades, remember the glorious Salfordland. Remember the olden dayes when the evil rich teams HUMILIATED us every single week at The Willows. Remember when they would laugh at our squad and chortle when a team had put 70 points past us. Show those teams that we are now superior. Comrades - win this match, or die trying!"

They manage to push Warrington back, sending Team Glamour in full retreat led by the cunning and devious Tony Smith (um...) who hides in his bunker and can only watch in anguish at the Salford slaughter. By the end of the match (1945) Salford have won and have finally shown the other teams (other countries) that they are a Super League Super Power!

But with that title comes great responsibility. Koukash decides it is best to infiltrate the runnings of Manchester United (East Germany), Manchester City (Czecoslovakia), Oldham (Hungary), and the mighty Swinton Lions (Romania). He tries to infiltrate Rochdale Hornets (Yugoslavia) but they are now just a little to powerful having recently won a Super League franchise. All this is done because Koukash fears the evil Wigan Warriors Empire to the West - the new enemy on the block.

But suddenly with the running of all these clubs and all the power and glory that Salford had amassed, Koukash starts becoming very paranoid that somebody would steal his precious Salford away from him. It is all too much, he cannot take the fame and glory, and ends up kicking the bucket... (1953). The Salford Red Empire now has to face the all-time most powerful, silverware-greedy, Wigan Warrior Empire (USA) without the leadership of the great Dr Koukash...

The End! :D

Ah I still have a childs imagination! B)

Am I right in thinking you are the 'Saintslass' who wanted Mick Potter sacked from St Helens because he didn't show enough emotion ?

Er, no.

Phil Veivers may as well have been sacked for having long hair such is the ludicrous decision that has been made; while the rest of the club is even worse than the performances on it.

Whatever you say. One win in 10 is a great achievement.

Phil Veivers went from working in a drought to working in a whirlwind and working in extremities is always difficult.

I am surprised Alan Long has not walked out on principle,but I suppose if Daniel Anderson was to get the job it will certainly benefit him.

I believe Daniel Anderson is very happy in his job sorting out referees down under.

Another masterstroke by the RFL - We have a young player jeered by the home support because of poor technique despite him being through the academy at a so-called big club - such has been the improvement in British standards - and now we have more money about to be spent on Antipodeans.

What's the RFL got to do with it and what are you talking about?

Twoblue- do you really think Veivers has shown anything to suggest he has the ability to coach on the highest stage? Do you not think that his tactics and explanations lack conviction?

Do you think continuing to play Murphy was sound given his age and performances to date? Do you think extending his loan period given those performances was sound?

Do you think playing Foran at half back having been in the country 48 hours rather than continue with the pairing that had success last week was sound, then blame it for the failure is the sign of a good coach ?

Veivers was always going to go at some point, he hasn't shown anything last season to make me think this year was going to be better. Whilst I admire the guy for holding it together during the bad times and on a personal level feel sorry for him this is the correct call he won't get that team to play well.

Maybe they can play the four donkeys they insisted turned out for us today!

Oh and leave our club alone because we don't need their rubbish!

I take it you are referring to Oldham in the NRC

Jon Ford , Adam Files & Niall Evalds ( 3 of the 4 donkeys ) scored all three of your tries yesterday

Ah I still have a childs imagination! B)

And WAY too much time on your hands! ;)

Bluey might be in with a shout but like Kearney his man management skills are suspect. Tim Sheens may be the current Aussie Test Coach but you might as well have Shaun McCrae back in.

Nobby would be the best choice by far, but all depends on the Doctors prescription whether its genuine or quack medicine.

Please tell me you were joking. You were joking, weren't you? I'd rather start watching Sale than have him back! (and that was only partly tongue in cheek!)

Phil seems a decent fella but, if the club is to become a force, it needs an elite coach so his departure was inevitable.

Some of the names being linked with the club (Goulding, Alker etc) are laughable and indicate that many still aren't willing to accept the fact that Salford is now an ambitious and cashed up club.

Personally, I hope we avoid the likes of McLennan, Kearney and Iro and go for a BIG name with proven credentials.

Sheens would fit that profile but I'm not sure we can tread water in the meantime; Brian Smith is probably not the draw he once was; ditto Noble.

In terms of availability, profile and track record Daniel Anderson could be the man.

I suspect this is going to end in tears.

Koukash is endearing himself to nobody and seems to be expecting instant results. He just seems to be chucking his weight around at the moment but where's his business plan? Surely he needs to start with the foundations of the house rather than the fancy decor?

That's my ill-informed opinion anyway. :mellow:

In terms of availability, profile and track record Daniel Anderson could be the man.

Anderson is now the NRL referee's 'high peformance manger', so I'm not sure he'd be available anyway.

Anderson is now the NRL referee's 'high peformance manger', so I'm not sure he'd be available anyway.

That sounds like the world's dullest job, particularly for a bloke whose vocation is in coaching.

Loving the Koukash backlash from rival fans; long may it continue!

That sounds like the world's dullest job, particularly for a bloke whose vocation is in coaching.

True enough, but he might be enjoying it. I believe he was doing a fair bit of media work as well last year, so he might be able to combine the two. I also recall some interviews last year where he mentioned staying in Oz as his family was now settled.

I suspect this is going to end in tears.

Koukash is endearing himself to nobody and seems to be expecting instant results. He just seems to be chucking his weight around at the moment but where's his business plan? Surely he needs to start with the foundations of the house rather than the fancy decor?

That's my ill-informed opinion anyway. :mellow:

I have to agree with you. This is, indeed, an ill-informed opinion and post. Utterly ill-informed.

1. where's his business plan?

2. He needs to start with the foundations of the house rather than the fancy decor?

1. In his wallet?

2. It's not a house he can do both.

How childish.

Ok, lets put it this way: He seems to think that the best way to build a successful club is to publicly throw money at the problem, unsettle players from his fellow superleague clubs and sack the coach without having a replacement.

Yeah, great business plan.

He'd be better off talking to Andy Gatcliffe at Warrington about corporate strategies, revenue building, sponsorship, community initiatives etc rather than embarrassing himself in the media by saying "look at me, I'm rich, I can do anything".

The fans know Phil isn't up to the job.

His sacking may have dual purpose, the players didn't seem to believe the management team when they said everyone had to fight for their jobs and prove their worth. I bet they do now. Veivers went on record as saying he was responsible for the defensive coaching and Long the attacking. He has paid the price for his failure.

Lowe and Chalmers know what it takes to run a club and I'm sure Koukash is taking their advice. I don't expect a business man like Koukash not to have plans and targets.

Salford needed to be assessed from top to bottom, Veivers is high profile but others ahve gone, Simms, and Tina Bell the commercial manager (daughter of John Wilkinson) I fully expect others to go as Ed Farish finds his feet. I believe there was a big staff meeting last week and the whole team have been told what is expected.

How childish.

Ok, lets put it this way: He seems to think that the best way to build a successful club is to publicly throw money at the problem, unsettle players from his fellow superleague clubs and sack the coach without having a replacement.

Yeah, great business plan.

He'd be better off talking to Andy Gatcliffe at Warrington about corporate strategies, revenue building, sponsorship, community initiatives etc rather than embarrassing himself in the media by saying "look at me, I'm rich, I can do anything".

How naive.

Why would a successful businessman take lessons from Gatcliffe?

Dr. K. is rich, and he will spend, and he will do it now.

He needs to send a big fat message out that he means business for his club. They had 10,000 people turn up at the Willows only 18 months ago (This is a fact I looked it up) and he's shouting at them from the news headlines that he's after the very best coach and best players he can get.

That's a damn good strategy to short cut any woffle with Gatcliffe (IMHO of course) and start to get bums back on seats.

He can chuck as many millions at RL as he wants, the game needs the money. Doesn't Mr. Moran like to offer "transfer fees" doesn't he like to chuck money at top Aussies to stimulate fan interest?

Lets not use forums to judge the Dr

Why not? I think a heavy spending multi millionaire is fantastic for the game?

Now let's find one for Castleford.

This bloke sound like the guy of person we need I the game, not afraid to ###### a few people off and get the job done. Maybe if we had more like him we wouldn't be seen as a walk over by the media, sponsors and other sports.

I would get him on the board at the RFL and stop listening to idiots like Hetherington, who wants to pay the players even less money!