Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Ashton

Raiders v Town

84 posts in this topic

We're there any positives from today's game?

No mate

Worrying times for yourseleves would hate to see u go down and although its early days not a good start. I agree with most of whats already been said forwards nowhere near upto this level

i think you need a influx of big men to do the spade work for you ,where you can get them ,or if you can afford them is another matter,good luck against the Rams next week.

I hate to have to agree with you morty but as has already been said it's 2005 all over again. 7 tries in 5 games is simply not good enough. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't regret it ever but how many supporters will feel the same. The gate against Dewsbury & Haven will be very interesting and could be seriously low.. I shall miss Sundays game but only because I'm away.

I hate to have to agree with you morty but as has already been said it's 2005 all over again. 7 tries in 5 games is simply not good enough. I'm a season ticket holder and I don't regret it ever but how many supporters will feel the same. The gate against Dewsbury & Haven will be very interesting and could be seriously low.. I shall miss Sundays game but only because I'm away.

The gates are going to tumble at this rate

I'll be there willing us on but boy is it going to be tough.

Did anyone hear what Holty said after the game ?

Lee

The gates are going to tumble at this rate

I'll be there willing us on but boy is it going to be tough.

Did anyone hear what Holty said after the game ?

Lee

holty was peeved with the result,the way he was talking he said there would be changes to your team,he thought players were talking the talk but not walking the walk.

cheers Bomber

I personally thought whitehead did well against his old club

apart from when he dropped the ball over the line when it was easier to score

I hate to say it but we just arn't good enough. There isn't two ways about it. Its not that the players arn't trying enough its just they don't have the ability.

A lot of things did go against us today. Mark Calderwood will probably be the best winger in the world if he's allowed to step into touch and stroll in for a try more often. Referee was incredibly inconsistent, some of his decisions were baffling. He gave them so much longer to hold on than ourselves and for some reason he only blew for Barrows offsides not Workingtons but Town were much better today and would of put 50 past us if they had a proper half back playing and Mattinson.

Only positive from today IMO was Danny Jones. Was up against Brett Philips in the second row and didn't give him an inch. Every time he got the ball he was on him in a flash down the legs and stopped him in his tracks. Considering he's very young he did exceptionally well against someone much physically bigger.

If 3 players can't stop Stack from a standing start and only 5 yards to run in then we seriously have a problem, that was embarassing at the start of the second half. We were also always going to tire against them. Having 2 forwards on the bench was always going to be our downfall. Against Town who have a much better pack we should of had Finch at 13 to allow us to get the ball out more often. Then again our backs arn't going to beat anyone for pace or strength apart from Clay.

I don't think the forwards are the biggest problem, its the backs. I think the props are the issue in the forwards. Harrison, K Haggerty, Jones and Toal is good enough for this division we just need better props. In the backs as I say there isn't a threat, not enough pace strength or skill.

Its worrying the lack of tries we have scored. 2 of our tries have been Clay interceptions. Which is nearly 30% of them which speaks volumes.

I do think if people don't turn upto games because we are losing are exceptionally fickle. In late 2010 and 2011 we were losing games due to not putting effort in which is unacceptable. But every fan should support the lads home and away as the effort is there are they are working hard to be the best they can be, unfortunately I don't think the best they can be is good enough I'm afraid.

Nope not sure why.

Come on Barrowraiderskid your team where lying on that mutch you could here them snoring in the stand.

And "kid" if you get the chance to see the tries again I think you will find that Calderwood didn't step in touch. On another occasion Calderwood jumped up in the air from the field of play and knocked the ball back inside to a supporting Town player who passed it to another who had a clear scoring chance but the TJ said he had jumped from outside the field of play. Again that will also be on the DVD of the match, I', sure. Yes, Mr Leahy made mistakes and was bit picky but he made mistakes for and against both teams. Barrows first try was scored off a forward pass as was one of Town's in the second half. So all in all I'd say he was pretty even handed and with any referee I think Town would still have run out winners.

without a doubt Keith I thought the ref was just about right most of the time although a bit harsh with the sin binnings on both sides

I thought Andrew Dawson was your best go forward player had a hakf decent game stood up to a big pack well

He was definitely in touch. Even the town fan next to me said his foot was on the line. I'll wait to see the dvd also. Wasn't really focusing on where Calderwood was standing when he flicked it back so won't comment on that. Was stood on the halfway line so can't really comment on the forward pass either I guess wasn't in line enough.

As I said in my post, Town were clearly the better side today.

Holty said in his Interview post game that the squad are good enough to beat anyone in this league but just arent performing. Barrow are a great club and I really want you guys staying up but you just dont seem to have the quality in the team

holty was peeved with the result,the way he was talking he said there would be changes to your team,he thought players were talking the talk but not walking the walk.

Changes ? unless he got some new players up his sleeve i cant see what changes we can make that will make 1 bit off difference

We were awful today. Every high ball (including the kick off) caused us problems.

Usually I can find a reason to be cheerful but I'm struggling today. The referee did us no favours, but why should he? We were indisciplined and I think the reason for that was because we couldn't cope with Towns speed at the play the ball.

I'm going to bed now, hopefully things will look better in the morning.

I hate to say it but we just arn't good enough. There isn't two ways about it. Its not that the players arn't trying enough its just they don't have the ability.

A lot of things did go against us today. Mark Calderwood will probably be the best winger in the world if he's allowed to step into touch and stroll in for a try more often. Referee was incredibly inconsistent, some of his decisions were baffling. He gave them so much longer to hold on than ourselves and for some reason he only blew for Barrows offsides not Workingtons but Town were much better today and would of put 50 past us if they had a proper half back playing and Mattinson.

Only positive from today IMO was Danny Jones. Was up against Brett Philips in the second row and didn't give him an inch. Every time he got the ball he was on him in a flash down the legs and stopped him in his tracks. Considering he's very young he did exceptionally well against someone much physically bigger.

If 3 players can't stop Stack from a standing start and only 5 yards to run in then we seriously have a problem, that was embarassing at the start of the second half. We were also always going to tire against them. Having 2 forwards on the bench was always going to be our downfall. Against Town who have a much better pack we should of had Finch at 13 to allow us to get the ball out more often. Then again our backs arn't going to beat anyone for pace or strength apart from Clay.

I don't think the forwards are the biggest problem, its the backs. I think the props are the issue in the forwards. Harrison, K Haggerty, Jones and Toal is good enough for this division we just need better props. In the backs as I say there isn't a threat, not enough pace strength or skill.

Its worrying the lack of tries we have scored. 2 of our tries have been Clay interceptions. Which is nearly 30% of them which speaks volumes.

I do think if people don't turn upto games because we are losing are exceptionally fickle. In late 2010 and 2011 we were losing games due to not putting effort in which is unacceptable. But every fan should support the lads home and away as the effort is there are they are working hard to be the best they can be, unfortunately I don't think the best they can be is good enough I'm afraid.

if we hadn't had a shocker in the first half it would have been atleast 60. I disagree with your comments on the ref. He was the typical of the poor standard of officials in RL nowadays but he was same for both teams.

And "kid" if you get the chance to see the tries again I think you will find that Calderwood didn't step in touch. On another occasion Calderwood jumped up in the air from the field of play and knocked the ball back inside to a supporting Town player who passed it to another who had a clear scoring chance but the TJ said he had jumped from outside the field of play. Again that will also be on the DVD of the match, I', sure. Yes, Mr Leahy made mistakes and was bit picky but he made mistakes for and against both teams. Barrows first try was scored off a forward pass as was one of Town's in the second half. So all in all I'd say he was pretty even handed and with any referee I think Town would still have run out winners.

Hulme's scoot from dummy half in the first half was never held up - ball was down and how he gave it held up baffles me. And Calderwood was never in touch I've just watched it in super slow mo B)

forgot about hulmes disallowed try. you could actually see the ball on the ground and we were stood on half way. it was a ridiculous decision. calders wasnt on the line either.