Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graham

NRL on TV in UK Round 1

18 posts in this topic

After the long wait and see then, Premier Sports TV did get the rights to show NRL in the UK.

The announcement proved to be worth waiting for.

The deal is a five year one (2013-2017 inclusive) so we won't have the same delays and doubts for the next few seasons.

This time Premier Sports have also secured the rights to State of Origin, play-offs and the Grand Final.

Every game from every regular NRL round will be shown with at least 6 of them going out live.

I couldn't check on their tv schedule online to see if they are showing a round up programme mid week as was suggested they would.

I expect it might be possible to follow that up on the Sky EPG.

Here's the NRL Round 1 offering then:

PSportsRound12013_zps7761ebc5.jpg

At least some of these games are repeated later.

How good's that then?

Sky TV are still arguing about how much they pay. We may not see the first match. If not, there will be a lot of irate "non-viewers"!

So I expect we here in UK should count ourselves fortunate then by comparison. Hope SkyNZ gets sorted with this for you. They are cutting it fine with about 2 days to go to kick off.

Panthers v Raiders at 3am? Make them kick off later for UK viewers, so that we can see it at a reasonable time! :D

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, March 7, 2013 - No reason given

Great to see that they are been shown on UK TV, I was starting to wonder.

But for those of us without Premier Sports, don't forget thy are still available legally online http://www.rlbet.co..../live-streaming

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, March 7, 2013 - No reason given

But for those of us without Premier Sports, don't forget thy are still available legally online http://www.rlbet.co..../live-streaming

Not anymore they aren't, PS have a UK exclusive deal now.

Posted · Hidden by ckn, March 6, 2013 - No reason given

vipbox.tv Not sure if it's legal or not but certainly works.

No it isn't legal.

Oh well. Best call da police.. :ph34r:

"VIPBox is concerned about allegations that illegal content is made available on the websites to which hyperlinks on its website direct. Although VIPBox cannot actively monitor the content which is transmitted via third party websites, it is willing to take action in removing links to illegal content upon obtaining proper notice thereof. VIPBox will remove links to illegal content from its website expeditiously, however, it cannot prevent that links are replaced by visitors of its website. In order to prevent that a link is replaced again after being removed by VIPBox, VIPBox advises you to contact the owner of the website where the content origins from."

Ahhh, it be reet.

Promo code nuts6 = £30 for 6 months, no connection fee

Hopefully a new code will do the rounds in August

Good to see new NRL promo stuff and classy presentation.

1st game is a Channel 9 production. 40,000 crowd. Joey Johns part of presentation team. There's also Brad Fittler too! :D

Great game in prospect. Bunnies favourites in this ... and well backed for premiership. Still who knows ... Time will tell.

Great atmosphere. SBW on bench.

Big, big crowd in full voice.

They are making the most of his presence here after a long absence from NRL.

Yeh the 40,000 figure was a pre-match media estimate. Still 35,000 isn't too bad! :D