Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights v Workington

111 posts in this topic

Yeh that was a nightmare game for us Town fans, we would rather remember the season after when we spoiled your big promotion party. :D

I also remember that you had JT tearing us up the middle with Jonny Limmer at hooker,,Tane Manihera at 7 and that bl@@dy pain in the ar@@ NZ fullback who's name escapes me, oh and Workys best chavs stood behind us throwing insults all afternoon, cracking afternoons drive to Worky....................NOT.

Hope it's a different game on Sunday

Lusi Sione, bloody class act.

Was that the player who could not play on a Saturday because of his religion?.

Press today - confimed Jason Golden dislocated his shoulder, depends on how much

damage he has done, but could be out for the season, can only pass on best wishes to Jason.

Really hope we can keep Danny Nicklas this week, looked very good on Friday night.

I also remember that you had JT tearing us up the middle with Jonny Limmer at hooker,,Tane Manihera at 7 and that bl@@dy pain in the ar@@ NZ fullback who's name escapes me, oh and Workys best chavs stood behind us throwing insults all afternoon, cracking afternoons drive to Worky....................NOT.

Hope it's a different game on Sunday

It was at York !!!! Last game of the season.

It was at York !!!! Last game of the season.

He knows that, Town brought a bus load of fans and they stood behind us singing stupid songs and insults, after the game we were presented with the trophy.

He knows that, Town brought a bus load of fans and they stood behind us singing stupid songs and insults, after the game we were presented with the trophy.

Probably have a couple of bus loads to contend with at the weekend. They certainly will be singing silly songs, but I would hope they wouldn't insult anybody, they are a nice pleasant bunch of lads and lasses as I hope you will see on Sunday. :)

Probably have a couple of bus loads to contend with at the weekend. They certainly will be singing silly songs, but I would hope they wouldn't insult anybody, they are a nice pleasant bunch of lads and lasses as I hope you will see on Sunday. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all, hope you dont have much to sing about. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing you all, hope you dont have much to sing about. :rolleyes:

We'll be trying to make it so that you don't get too excited SK. Ha ha.

Gave one of the most inept performances I've ever seen that day we beat them 70-10 though.

Gave one of the most inept performances I've ever seen that day we beat them 70-10 though.

As I recall Sione made a break from a quick 20 metre tap and was clear when Laughton pulled him up and brought him back because he had taken the tap from the wrong place!!!!

Just dug 70-10 match report out of Press files. There was a great pic of Rhodes scoring a try that day - it's hard to tell whether he's doing the royal wave or blowing a kiss to Manihera (unfortunately it's not on this link though)

http://www.yorkpress...ington_Town_10/

Attendance: 2,017.

If only we could get that nowadays!

Just dug 70-10 match report out of Press files. There was a great pic of Rhodes scoring a try that day - it's hard to tell whether he's doing the royal wave or blowing a kiss to Manihera (unfortunately it's not on this link though)

Thanks for that Pete.

Excellent referee is Hewer, certainly the best referee on the Huntington Stadium pitch this sunday. A new father too isn't he? We shall congratulate him.

Danny Nicklas not named in Hull's squad this week. Josh Bowden has however.

Danny Nicklas not named in Hull's squad this week. Josh Bowden has however.

I imagine Mr Nicklas has had a bit of a telling off for his remarks about Saturdays Hull game on Twitter.

I imagine Mr Nicklas has had a bit of a telling off for his remarks about Saturdays Hull game on Twitter.

If there is one thing that grinds my gears, its unprofessional twitter users...

Many thanks for that Peter. It's amazing the things that soon get forgotten and pieces like that bring it all back.

If there is one thing that grinds my gears, its unprofessional twitter users...

Yes I know !!!!! Saw your rant !! Ha ha

Put in their place Gav !!

Looks like we really need Danny, Brown only 50/50 for Sunday due to virus & back

problem which it says affected how he played Friday night, which I have got to agree

with as he had a very poor game & his usual excellent kicking was very, very poor.

Looks like we really need Danny, Brown only 50/50 for Sunday due to virus & back

problem which it says affected how he played Friday night, which I have got to agree

with as he had a very poor game & his usual excellent kicking was very, very poor.

No forwards no half backs, fear the worst Sunday, not a clue who's fit who is'nt , dont know what the squad is from one week to the next, 9 points up for grabs in the next 3 games Thornton a Co will have to work some kinder miracle,we have to start winning games,and the current set up and injury situation can't go to games with any confidence,we have to take all 9 points from these 3 games not sure if can take any

ala