Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Brett Seymour car accident, Wife issues emotional thanks to fans.

39 posts in this topic

Poor bloke. It's surprisingly easy to find yourself on this path.

I wish him and his family all the very best.

I hope I speak for the Swinton thread, when I wish him all the best, Dana is still too close to our memory.

Posted · Hidden by ckn, March 6, 2013 - No reason given

My husband got Brett out of the car after he had hit the 2 parked cars nd rolled over, my hubby said he was wasted he stunk of alcohol and he admitted he had " had a couple" by the time police arrived he had legged it (my hubby went to call the police but passes by already were on phone to them)Someone videoed Him running away.He could of killed someone never mind himself and what's worse is he's been found guilty of drink driving before too! Not a good example I don't feel sorry for him he obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes! We all have problems Ay?

Quite a bold statement to make on a forum, I'd be careful what you put especially when you don't seem to have any factual sources or evidence on display backing up what you have said. You are speculating quite serious stuff.

You could at least have some sympathy for another human being who is clearly having a torrid time at the moment, maybe he hasn't learnt from his mistakes but I'm sure with the right people around him and support he'll be able to do so.

My husband got Brett out of the car after he had hit the 2 parked cars nd rolled over, my hubby said he was wasted he stunk of alcohol and he admitted he had " had a couple" by the time police arrived he had legged it (my hubby went to call the police but passes by already were on phone to them)Someone videoed Him running away.He could of killed someone never mind himself and what's worse is he's been found guilty of drink driving before too! Not a good example I don't feel sorry for him he obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes! We all have problems Ay?

Well that's some first post. Yes we all have problems but we certainly don't have thousands of people criticising us every week at work and on the internet afterwards. Personally I hope he can overcome any problems he may have and wish him a full and quick recovery.

We all have problems Ay?

No. Someone suffering a severe mental health issue is not remotely the comparable to someone who cannot afford that holiday this year. Just condensing them down to "problems" as though they are is ridiculous at best.

Maybe you are just so incredibly amazing that you can suffer severe depression and still act and think rationally and it not affect you at all, but most people in that situation cannot think straight.

No one is excusing or defending how he acted, but that does not change the fact he is clearly suffering which lead him to behave in that way, something which any decent person would have sympathy with.

And after all the efforts of the State of Mind campaign to make people more understanding and tolerant of mental health issues, and to take away the stigma surrounding them, such a pious and ignorant attitude is unwelcome, ignorant and counter productive.

No. Someone suffering a severe mental health issue is not remotely the comparable to someone who cannot afford that holiday this year. Just condensing them down to "problems" as though they are is ridiculous at best.

Maybe you are just so incredibly amazing that you can suffer severe depression and still act and think rationally and it not affect you at all, but most people in that situation cannot think straight.

No one is excusing or defending how he acted, but that does not change the fact he is clearly suffering which lead him to behave in that way, something which any decent person would have sympathy with.

And after all the efforts of the State of Mind campaign to make people more understanding and tolerant of mental health issues, and to take away the stigma surrounding them, such a pious and ignorant attitude is unwelcome, ignorant and counter productive.

You forgot "Just to be clear..."

Agree with you though. Only takes one idiot to say something along the lines of "he's just being silly" to make things even worse.

I'm a bit confused, did he run away to a hospital? :huh:

I'm a bit confused, did he run away to a hospital? :huh:

That is what post 26 appears to suggest.

Well said Just to be clear.

Although I suspect the original post will not last.

Lets also hope the grammar police pick Jodave up soon.

Im surprised its still on here, the post needs to disappear.The lad has wife and kids who's life is in turmoil at the minute, they need to be left alone without she said he said posting.

Im surprised its still on here, the post needs to disappear.The lad has wife and kids who's life is in turmoil at the minute, they need to be left alone without she said he said posting.

The post was posted about midnight, two people reported it. You cannot assume that someone else has reported something and you cannot assume that one of the moderators will be around or reading every post on the site.

A general moderator warning to the site at large for this thread: I'm now getting fed up deleting posts about a "friend of a friend" or similar seeing something immoral or illegal. We're past warnings now.

The post was posted about midnight, two people reported it. You cannot assume that someone else has reported something and you cannot assume that one of the moderators will be around or reading every post on the site.

A general moderator warning to the site at large for this thread: I'm now getting fed up deleting posts about a "friend of a friend" or similar seeing something immoral or illegal. We're past warnings now.

Wasn't having a pop at any ones moderating abilities ckn and you cannot report posts when using a mobile device so even if I wanted to report a post I couldn't.

Wasn't having a pop at any ones moderating abilities ckn and you cannot report posts when using a mobile device so even if I wanted to report a post I couldn't.

That's perfectly fair enough and I do understand but I've had plenty of complaints over the last few months about dodgy posts being ignored yet had no reports at all on them. There's a good, responsible member base here, I'd greatly appreciate assistance from you lot on hitting the report button over dodgy stuff to help me and John out.