Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy_merged

Marwan Koukash wants the salary cap raised, and to be honest I agree with him

42 posts in this topic

Won't that just encourage more clubs to spend beyond their means?

Yeh unlike the current situation where we haven't had any clubs get into financial trouble, appart from Widnes, Crusaders, Wakefield, Bradford,Salford possibly Cas. Still only six clubs out of fourteen only a small percentage

Yeh the current sitition is certainly protecting clubs from themselves

It will also mean the same clubs continuing to win the trophies.

It should allow the likes of Hull and Salford (London?) to take the quantum step to trophy winning far more easily than the current system allows.

It should allow the likes of Hull and Salford (London?) to take the quantum step to trophy winning far more easily than the current system allows.

Hull can afford to pay full cap and still can't compete, that's not bad management in the office but bad management on the playing side. Throwing more money at the team doesn't necessarily mean you'll win games let alone win trophies.

But there is no magical source of players out there that he can buy.

Upping the salary cap will, in practice, mean the clubs pay more for the same players. Which is great for the players, but doesn't actually achieve anything more than that.

He probably should have read up on the rules of the competition before buying the club.

He probably should have read up on the rules of the competition before buying the club.

he didn't need to he's loaded. Haven't you heard?

Im sure mr wood explained it to him when he was convincing the good dr what a good purchase salford would be

he didn't need to he's loaded. Haven't you heard?

Nobody's mentioned it for at least half an hour so I'd forgotten.

London?

That side with less than 2,000 fans?

They'd just go bankrupt faster than they are now.

It's interesting that he should say that given that he previously said that he wasn't a sugar daddy and Salford would have to find new income streams.

Wow he hasnt a clue has he. Having failed to get Tomkins, Chase etc etc and trying to buy instant success he is upset and wants a higher wage cap despite most of SL in or recently been in a mess financially including Salford. Rugby League in the UK doesnt have the money to have a higher cap. The doc would be better spending this money on off field things for the future. I get the feeling the Doc demands instant success. How much patience does he have to this through?

Someone could drop on here if the Dr gets desparate. You could get rid of your dead wood and make a few quid at the same time. I wonder if Saints have offered him Perry and LH for £500,000

Someone could drop on here if the Dr gets desparate. You could get rid of your dead wood and make a few quid at the same time. I wonder if Saints have offered him Perry and LH for £500,000

What saints give Salford £500,000 that seams a fair deal

I think the good doctor is doing all he can to ensure Salford are in the news as often as possible.

I don't think he cares how ridiculous his pronouncements are, it doesn't matter. People are talking about Salford, that is what matters.

Saying a club has to stand on its own two feet doesn't mean it has to make a profit from day one, it means that any investment put in is used to achieve self sufficiency. Kourkash realises realises he has to invest and use that investment to better the club as a business.

All these offers for players aren't about this season, its about who is available at the end of this season.

Salford have a profile problem, Dr. K is certainly doing his best to address that.

where does it show he doesn't know the rules? Arguing that they should be changed obviously means he knows the rules. Bizarre comment.

Get rid of the cap and introduce p&r with ground criteria and min SL salary spend. We need to let RU know we are a threat again.

I think the good doctor is doing all he can to ensure Salford are in the news as often as possible.

I don't think he cares how ridiculous his pronouncements are, it doesn't matter. People are talking about Salford, that is what matters.

Saying a club has to stand on its own two feet doesn't mean it has to make a profit from day one, it means that any investment put in is used to achieve self sufficiency. Kourkash realises realises he has to invest and use that investment to better the club as a business.

All these offers for players aren't about this season, its about who is available at the end of this season.

Salford have a profile problem, Dr. K is certainly doing his best to address that.

Apparently he is naive, hasn't a clue and needs his hand holding by some bloke from Warrington?

He also needs to stop trying to throw money at players and invest in erm, something other than players.

I don't know it as a fact, It's only my humble opinion, and if someone thinks he's from Mars they have every right to have that opinion respected, but IMHO my HO is that he knows exactly what he's doing.

Great to see Salford in the news, keep it going! Oh and appoint to decent development officers with ideas and get salford behind their team and get arl moving again in salford and Manchester !

Apparently he is naive, hasn't a clue and needs his hand holding by some bloke from Warrington?

He also needs to stop trying to throw money at players and invest in erm, something other than players.

I don't know it as a fact, It's only my humble opinion, and if someone thinks he's from Mars they have every right to have that opinion respected, but IMHO my HO is that he knows exactly what he's doing.

don't be so arrogant and condescending. You aren't respecting people's opinions at all with posts like the above.

You said it is easy to make a success of a club if you have money - history has proven you wrong over and over again.

I find it odd that when we discuss the salary cap the people who are effected most, the players, often seem to be an afterthought. It's not happened yet in this thread, but I always wonder whether people who advocate a reduction in the salary cap would do so for any other profession bar the obvious.

Ok, point taken. I judged you harshly, Parky. Let it go now.

By the way, I agree with your above opinion if that helps to heal your wounds.

I find it odd that when we discuss the salary cap the people who are effected most, the players, often seem to be an afterthought. It's not happened yet in this thread, but I always wonder whether people who advocate a reduction in the salary cap would do so for any other profession bar the obvious.

Would you rather an open wage bill and the possibility of less clubs for the same players to play for, meaning less chance of being employed as a full time professional RL player?