Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celtic Rooster

North West Counties League

16 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what happened at the NWCL meeting last night? I hear the rest of the league fixtures won't be played with Irlam Hornets crowned champions, but there will be a play off involving the remaining 8 teams. What about nest season though? Is this the end? Will the clubs apply for Summer or apply to next seasons Pennine league?

Can't see how it could run again. The team we entered at Thatto Heath folded almost immediately upon when the lads that were playing in it returned to their summer clubs, it was something that we gave a go but didn't work as we'd envisaged.

Interesting to see what happens with Dalton because there options are limited its a shame whats happened as the Girvin family have been great servants of the game and always done an excellant job in the North West

Indeed they do seem to want to remain in a winter based league but at the same time travelling from Barrow to Yorkshire wlll be difficult

Indeed they do seem to want to remain in a winter based league but at the same time travelling from Barrow to Yorkshire wlll be difficult

We are the furthest team away from them in the Pennine at the moment 158 miles 2 hours 42 mins, to the centre of the Pennine league (Bradford) 82 miles 2 hours 2 mins.

Getting teams to travel the other way might be more difficult.

One off should be no problem at the standard they will be playing at.

I hope they can get sorted to be honest Marauder. I think its a shame that the North west counties has got to this stage as ideally we should be able to provide all clubs with a place to play in the season that they want to play in and this will limit alot of teams options

you can't beat a good away trip once in a season, game head on going, boozy bus on the way home :D :D

you can't beat a good away trip once in a season, game head on going, boozy bus on the way home :D :D

I hope they can get sorted to be honest Marauder. I think its a shame that the North west counties has got to this stage as ideally we should be able to provide all clubs with a place to play in the season that they want to play in and this will limit alot of teams options

With the NWC I'd just do a bit of reverse engineering and run a short season inbetween the summer one, I'm sure more clubs would enter a team knowing that it will not overlap, then as it gets stronger just add more and more weeks to the season.

With the NWC I'd just do a bit of reverse engineering and run a short season inbetween the summer one, I'm sure more clubs would enter a team knowing that it will not overlap, then as it gets stronger just add more and more weeks to the season.

Why would you want to do that when, according to some comments on this thread, the people who really matter ie the players have shown a preference (in this case) for summer rugby as soon as the overlap between summer and winter occurs?

Why would you want to do that when, according to some comments on this thread, the people who really matter ie the players have shown a preference (in this case) for summer rugby as soon as the overlap between summer and winter occurs?

Maybe but it's not all players and unlike the RFL, BARLA are committed the the four seasons policy and this is indicated this weekend with the launch of the new summer league in Cumbria.

Does anybody know what happened at the NWCL meeting last night? I hear the rest of the league fixtures won't be played with Irlam Hornets crowned champions, but there will be a play off involving the remaining 8 teams. What about nest season though? Is this the end? Will the clubs apply for Summer or apply to next seasons Pennine league?

Not sure many of the play off games will happen.

Widnes Tigers have been added to Div 4 of summer.

I believe neither play off we're played?

Actually, 2 of 4 were played it seems