Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedro

Oldham v Leigh programme 1913

6 posts in this topic

I have an old Oldham v Leigh programme which is in a very poor and tatty condition. It is for a match played over a hundred years ago on 22nd February 1913. I have no wish to sell it but has anybody any idea if it has any value?

For any historians the teams were :

Oldham........................................................................ Leigh

1 Cook............................................................................ Prescot

2 Holbrook.......................................................................Donohue

3 Farnsworth...................................................................Roberts

4 Davies ........................................................................Johnson

5 Williams.......................................................................Keegan

6 Anlezark......................................................................Cain

7 Lomas........................................................................ Mooney

8 Ferguson....................................................................No name given

9 Davies........................................................................Cartwright

10 Forshaw......................................................................Davies

11 Jardine........................................................................Collier

12 Waye...........................................................................Barton

13 West............................................................................Marsh

14 Frederick.................................................................... Darwell

Referee C Platt Swinton

Seems like they had 14 aside then or are these misprints?

Hornets were playing Runcorn that day.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will contact the person mentioned in the next few days and possibly bring it along to show either of you when Oldham play Hornets some time. Unfortunately I can't make Sunday's match and as I live in Garforth I don't get over much apart from to watch Hornet's home games.

I must stress it is in very poor condition.

According to the ever reliable turner we won that match 13-7. 2 tries from E David and one from Holbrook ans 2 goals fromLomas. The team is more or less as stated with the odd positional change. The only anomaly is the last player Frederick who doesn't appear. Bernard Frederick made 9 appearances for Oldham all in 1912-13 season. Probably a reserve as I don't think subs were allowed.

I would guess . . . . . . seeing as its in very poor condition that you would be lucky to get £15 to £20 for it ........... in Good Condition ........well £80.00 to £100 or so maybe