Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Danny Brough for Scotland, again ?

104 posts in this topic

Can we not send macca to Scotland instead?

Quite why the best halfback in the country is being overlooked for England selection is something the RFL need to be asking their coach

Agreed 100%

We've been bemoaning the lack of a quality halfback for a couple of decades, we finally get one and we make him an outcast for showing the very same qualities that we all admire when looking back at the likes of Murphy, Gregory and even Goulding.

He's a cocky, arrogant, sometimes stroppy but often brilliant, creative and dangerous player who won't have any respect for the Ausies and Kiwi's.

he is understood to have been omitted not only from the elite training squad but also from a list of 40 names that McNamara was required to submit to World Cup organisers last month.

Are all nations in the World Cup required to do this? Whats the reason months away from the tournament?

having not played a test for england,under RLIF LAW, hes still a scotland player anyway...

With the best prep for an international competition in years and Macca is simply squandering it

Brough is a flat track bully who doesn't produce in big games.

WRONG ! ! ! !

Agree. :D

WRONG ! ! ! !

in your opinion ;)

Agree. :D

in your opinion ;)

Of course its my opinion!

Who's opinion do you want me to give you, hang on a minute and I'll nip next door to ask the old lass what she thinks.

Of course its my opinion!

Who's opinion do you want me to give you, hang on a minute and I'll nip next door to ask the old lass what she thinks.

I bet she says let him play for Scotland :P

Can we not send macca to Scotland instead?

Quite why the best halfback in the country is being overlooked for England selection is something the RFL need to be asking their coach

Agreed, I'd have him starting never mind in the squad. I'm led to believe McNamara has no time for Brough and he has absolutely no chance of making the squad. Ridicolous. Would be a shame if he ends up as the next Briers who was ignored when in heindseight he should have been a regular.

The evidence is to the contrary.

4 goals and a drop goal ina CC Final where many thought he should have won the Lance Todd Trophy

Man of the Match in Castlefords Championship Grand Final

Albert Goldthorpe Medal winner in 2008 and up there near the top of the AGM table ever since

I bet she says let him play for Scotland :P

She reckons Mr Posh was

WRONG ! ! ! !

and so are you

but thats just her opinion

4 goals and a drop goal ina CC Final where many thought he should have won the Lance Todd Trophy

Man of the Match in Castlefords Championship Grand Final

Albert Goldthorpe Medal winner in 2008 and up there near the top of the AGM table ever since

You are Danny"single handidly winning the world cup" Brough and i claim my £5.

Agreed, I'd have him starting never mind in the squad. I'm led to believe McNamara has no time for Brough and he has absolutely no chance of making the squad. Ridicolous. Would be a shame if he ends up as the next Briers who was ignored when in heindseight he should have been a regular.

At least Briers had the courage of his convictions and never jumped ship to England.

He's told the world he's Scottish and so he should continue to play for Scotland.

Scotland is part of England

Its like saying he can't play for England cos he's also from Cumbria or something..

I was being sarcastic

Previous affiliations are irrelevant so need treating as such

Its like saying he can't play for England cos he's also from Cumbria or something..

No.

It's saying England should pick committed players not those who're looking for an international gig and don't care about which jersey.

No.

It's saying England should pick committed players not those who're looking for an international gig and don't care about which jersey.

Perhaps he feels Scottish and English.

I'd happaily play for both Ireland and England. I don't feel there's any conflict at all.