Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/03/13 - Hull FC v Castleford Tigers - KO 8pm

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

81 posts in this topic

I blame Fozzard

I think after last weeks dire performance you played us at the wrong time Kenny, but mistakes killed you tonight.

First 50+ score line of the year?

Should we have a sweep on when Lobby will start his next thread.

Should we have a sweep on when Lobby will start his next thread.

I wish he was more like Sooty.

I think after last weeks dire performance you played us at the wrong time Kenny, but mistakes killed you tonight.

yep - could only manage the radio but ho hum, life goes on!!

Aside from his tries, how was Tom Lineham in his one-on-one battle with Justin Carney?

Aside from his tries, how was Tom Lineham in his one-on-one battle with Justin Carney?

Tool a HUGE handoff at the start of the game! The guy (Carney) is a feckin' tank going forward! Think Tom learnt an early lesson but did very well himself with ball in hand.

As for Chase, just a petulant fool during and following that fracas. Him and Lineham went at it about 10m away from everyone else, and when a few Cas players came to separate them, Chase still wanted to keep it going (Lineham didn't back down either). If Ganson had spotted the high tackle in the build up, followed by the further niggling, it may not have erupted (and still gave Cas the penalty!).

Hull Fc's world domination will once again be apparent with a 15-14 or similar annihilation of Castleford.

Ok, now I'm home and have read this post again, along with the others it "may" have been "relevant" to, I'm still struggling to grasp your inference.

Care to explain?

Tool a HUGE handoff at the start of the game! The guy (Carney) is a feckin' tank going forward! Think Tom learnt an early lesson but did very well himself with ball in hand.

As for Chase, just a petulant fool during and following that fracas. Him and Lineham went at it about 10m away from everyone else, and when a few Cas players came to separate them, Chase still wanted to keep it going (Lineham didn't back down either). If Ganson had spotted the high tackle in the build up, followed by the further niggling, it may not have erupted (and still gave Cas the penalty!).

That was my view as well.

That could of been nipped in the bud but for some inexplicable reason none of the officials seemed to spot the niggle!

I did think that overall, Ganson gave the best refereeing performance I've seen this season!

:)

Ok, now I'm home and have read this post again, along with the others it "may" have been "relevant" to, I'm still struggling to grasp your inference.

Care to explain?

It appears to be sarcasm.......possibly ref Hull's high expectation coupled with a poor start to the season.....it appears that the poster was unaware that the game was already finished and was predicting that you'd win by a point......maybe

What went wrong to a very good Cas team who beat Leeds and pushed Wigan all the way plus the Catalan draw this is not a great Hull team by any means was it just a bad day at the office?

What went wrong to a very good Cas team who beat Leeds and pushed Wigan all the way plus the Catalan draw this is not a great Hull team by any means was it just a bad day at the office?

Maybe Hull just had a few bad days at the office and are showing their greatness... ;)

Maybe Hull just had a few bad days at the office and are showing their greatness... ;)

Aye.

World domination is almost ours. :rolleyes:

That was my view as well.

That could of been nipped in the bud but for some inexplicable reason none of the officials seemed to spot the niggle!

I did think that overall, Ganson gave the best refereeing performance I've seen this season!

:)

Can't agree about Ganson. Had the game been closer, some of the crucial decisions he got wrong would have been more noticeable. The handling of the brawl would have been ripped into for a start (totally preventable and have the wrong team the penalty!).

Yeaman getting pushed as he went for a try should have been a penalty try, if not a penalty (for a push) and if not a penalty a scrum for Hull as Cas had knocked on and there was no advantage! It's hard to get it THAT wrong!

The policing of the offside was atrocious in the first half as well.

It's easy to think the ref has had a good game when the score line is huge. He just stops being under the spotlight.

What happened to Cas?

Just one of those games. Nearly every loose ball and stray pass ended up in Hull hands. Fortunately for us, those hands often belonged to players with the pace to make it count. Hull played the conditions very well too, on the back of an outstanding kicking game from Holdsworth and Horne.

I was surprised by the number of people who voted for Cas to win this. Hull's record at the KC is outstanding under Peter Gentle.

Cas fans doing the biggest conga the KC has seen.

Or as our lass said 'We can see you dancing out'.

And the delusion starts all over.

Go on then, I'll bite again. If you think I put updates on here just to show how great I think Hull FC are, you're very much mistaken. I usually put them on if I'm at the game and it ain't on the telly. Here is one from last season you might enjoy reading.

I often do rather well at the bookies betting on my team, nearly always to get beat, as I seem to have a firmer grip on reality when it comes to Hull FC's chances than their assessors. (As you'll notice from said thread quoted.)

Hull Fc's world domination will once again be apparent with a 15-14 or similar annihilation of Castleford.

You know your rugby! :D :D

You appear to have predicted the score after the game had finished.

Would you like to play cards?

You appear to have predicted the score after the game had finished.

Would you like to play cards?

and stil got it wrong ;)

And the delusion starts all over.

Go on then, I'll bite again. If you think I put updates on here just to show how great I think Hull FC are, you're very much mistaken. I usually put them on if I'm at the game and it ain't on the telly. Here is one from last season you might enjoy reading.

I often do rather well at the bookies betting on my team, nearly always to get beat, as I seem to have a firmer grip on reality when it comes to Hull FC's chances than their assessors. (As you'll notice from said thread quoted.)

I think Dimmest Star seems to have an apt name. It would take someone really dim to read your posts and think they come from anywhere other than a place of utter pessimism! ;)