Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants - KO 8pm

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

Every time Ive seen leeds rlfc play the fans have sang (or is it sung?) this song

Yep, well and truly adopted from the footie team.

Yep, well and truly adopted from the footie team.

Never understood why they adopt a lame 70s pop song that was written for Leeds United.

Then again they would probably question why a bunch of trawlermen adopted a cowboy song about a knackered old horse.

Never understood why they adopt a lame 70s pop song that was written for Leeds United.

Then again they would probably question why a bunch of trawlermen adopted a cowboy song about a knackered old horse.

:) :)

The song Leeds leeds leeds [marching on together]was one of several recorded by Ronnie hilton in tthe 60s.However M O T is now generally accepted that it is the adopted city anthem.Even the University sporting teams sing it.It is also said that Leeds Rhino's own the rights to the song ,because bought them in the Leeds United fire sale when they went bust

What about "We've swept the sea's before boy's" HUNSLET?

What about "We've swept the sea's before boy's" HUNSLET?

An odd one indeed. I wouldn't have thought the folk of Hunslet were renowned for their sea sweeping skills.

An odd one indeed. I wouldn't have thought the folk of Hunslet were renowned for their sea sweeping skills.

Any more than the citizens of Hull were known for 'riding the range', I'd have thought! B)

I think it goe's back to their four cups season,and in 1908 In Hunslet it may have been more appropriate singing we've cleared the smoke and smog before boys

Any more than the citizens of Hull were known for 'riding the range', I'd have thought! B)

Absolutely (see above for reference to trawlermen and cowboy songs ;) )

I thought it was all a euphimism for how trawlermen entertained themselves at sea

I thought it was all a euphimism for how trawlermen entertained themselves at sea

Not sure trawlermen had much time for 'entertainment' whilst at sea...

That stand off for The Giants looks handy, wonder if he'll get into the Knights squad this season...

That stand off for The Giants looks handy, wonder if he'll get into the Knights squad this season...

He's Scottish,so hasn't a prayer ;)

That doesn't matter these days, he could be outer Mongolian so long as he's lived here enough

Besides, he's bound to have had some Yorkshire puddings by now so that'll qualify him too

That doesn't matter these days, he could be outer Mongolian so long as he's lived here enough

Besides, he's bound to have had some Yorkshire puddings by now so that'll qualify him too

He played against them on Friday night.

:D:lol: