Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/03/13 - Warrington Wolves v St Helens - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

113 posts in this topic

St Helens squad: Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker, Mark Percival.

Warrington squad: Brett Hodgson, Chris Riley, Chris Bridge, Ryan Atkins, Joel Monaghan, Richie Myler, Michael Monaghan, Garreth Carvell, Ben Westwood, Micky Higham, Simon Grix, Paul Wood, Mike Cooper, Chris Hill, Stefan Ratchford, Rhys Evans, Tyrone McCarthy, Ben Currie, James Laithwaite.

Depends on the team we have out - if we have the Monaghans back in then that's a bonus, otherwise I see us struggling.

A little bird told me that both Monas bros are back along with Chris Bridge, but Trent Waterhouse is out and Rhys Williams drops out.

Warrington to win. We have two non halfbacks at halfback and a bunch of forwards who, barring three of them (assuming Walmsley plays) only ever run sideways and mostly can't be bothered tackling and so we will make very little progress forward thus giving our non halfbacks even less opportunity to show the talent they don't have at halfback. It seems we don't have a goalkicker either unless Percival starts to kick because Turner is useless with kicking duties as we found out last week. On top of all that, we will be as boring as hell unless Percival can work wonders again as he did last week, although I'm sure Smith will have been watching him closely on the vid.

If Michael Mono and his brother "Shep" play Wire by 10

But just read Lance "Who are you" is back so Wire by 20

Good job that fearsome Aussie Prop Perry is missing or i would go Wire by 30

What a bizarre build-up to a Warrington vs Saints match this is.

Has there ever been a match where the majority of both sets of supporters seem to think their team will lose?

A pound on the draw it is then!

I get the feeling that this could be quite an underwhelming game with neither side playing to their potential yet. Our very average start to the season makes it hard to feel the same sense of excitement which is normally present for this fixture.

I expect Warrington will win by a fairly narrow margin but at the same time will never really be under any threat.

Saints have a decent recent record at the HJ, they are also very rarely blown away - they may not be playing with much flair at the moment, but they are still solid enough to frustrate Wire.

We need to get our attacking form back, if we are slightly off then Saints could keep things tight and frustrate us.

While not too much can be read into last week, it was still 3 tries each against Leeds.

While not too much can be read into last week, it was still 3 tries each against Leeds.

Yep - this is the thing, despite Leeds being the better team, it is very difficult to pull away from Saints (although Hudds did a great job of it in Wk1)

Warrington to win. We have two non halfbacks at halfback and a bunch of forwards who, barring three of them (assuming Walmsley plays) only ever run sideways and mostly can't be bothered tackling and so we will make very little progress forward thus giving our non halfbacks even less opportunity to show the talent they don't have at halfback. It seems we don't have a goalkicker either unless Percival starts to kick because Turner is useless with kicking duties as we found out last week. On top of all that, we will be as boring as hell unless Percival can work wonders again as he did last week, although I'm sure Smith will have been watching him closely on the vid.

I suppose we should engage in the tedious exchange of negative predictions. Saints by 50.

A little bird told me that both Monas bros are back along with Chris Bridge, but Trent Waterhouse is out and Rhys Williams drops out.

Any idea what's up with Waterhouse, don't think I have read anything about him?

Stuck on the North West line?

:ph34r:

:D

:D

Quite comfortably the worst word play joke ever on this forum.

I'm sitting on the fence and saying a draw, mainly because I can't believe that Saints can play that badly two weeks running (now watch them prove me wrong!)

I like Wire for this, as even with their men missing they have more firepower than Saints, especially in the backs.

"House" is a big blow for us in both defence and attack and I'm not sure how Chris Bridge can possibly be up to speed; plus we are missing Briers, Harrison and Morley, our big game players.

I don't care what Saints fans say, there is so much confidence running through the red V when they come up against Wire.

I think a lot could depend on Ratchford especially in terms of his open field kicking game which ought to give us territory and dominance, but behind a weakened pack how can we get on a roll?

Not confident at all!

Well this is an interesting game, both sides with numerous injuries...... Wires lacking a spark and rely on two hookers to get a roll on.

Myler is having a good season and ratchford is getting better every game at 6 , hodgson quite so far.

I'm putting last week down to smith taking the opposition lightly and the big guns to return this week to push wires to a big margin victory

Wires 38 saints 14