Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

142 posts in this topic

Matt Diskin was apparently taken for a medical examination after feeling really ill following last night's game.

Michael Platt was full of sympathy today.

:lol:

https://twitter.com/mikeplatty

A couple of very bloody knees too from Bateman but Donaldson in particular.

A couple of very bloody knees too from Bateman but Donaldson in particular.

The ipitch makes for great, fast games but it's not well liked by the players. It's hard to imagine that it isn't putting players off from joining Widnes.

I also never saw the red card. I saw the yellow,and it wasn't until I was stood under the stand at half time when someone told me it had been red! I checked Sky Sports on my phone, and it was indeed red. Great game though......

I also never saw the red card. I saw the yellow,and it wasn't until I was stood under the stand at half time when someone told me it had been red! I checked Sky Sports on my phone, and it was indeed red. Great game though......

He pulled out yellow first and then followed it by a red.

The two theories are that he made a mistake and adjusted it or he upgraded it after further back chat. The latter seems to be more widely accepted although this seems bizarre to me considering how far away Hock was when he was given the yellow. Also, Hicks made a couple of decisions that he changed his mind on most notably where he awarded Bradford another set of 6 only to not give it them. I suppose it's pretty hard to undo calls like that when you've waved your hand in the air.

hicks also signalled for 10 minutes after issuing the yeallow,

Also, despite the vehemence of fans at the referee after the Hock incident there appeared to be almost no animosity or goading between the fans. Was nice to see for a change.

Never been any issues between Bulls and Widnes fans in recent years, to my knowledge. And I remember how many of you guys were pretty surprised at the cheers from our lot for Sprogger on your first return to the top flight. But Bulls fans will also long remember Steve O'Connor's extremely generous gesture, at the time when we were facing oblivion.

the last home draw we had was a 34-34 against featherstone with mark hewitt kicking the equalising goal near the end..

For the past few seasons the Bulls have had one drab draw away from home; 2013 - Widnes, 2012 - Salford, 2011 - Catalans, 2010 - Leeds, 2009 - Hull KR (H).

was talking to mick g on twitter last night and he said that when hanbury was "held up" over the line he actually grounded the ball, oh for a video ref at every game..............

Deffo game over now.....######in hell

Yes, another one of those blowout scorelines. :D

Looking at this it seems unlikely that it was upgraded to a red card. He was miles away from the yellow card and certainly doesn't appear to be mouthing off as it's given. If you look at the Diskin try, he does go over to the in-goal referee though.

Must be said though, I was less bothered about that decision than the really bad forward pass miss that followed for the Bulls 4th try.

Must be said though, I was less bothered about that decision than the really bad forward pass miss that followed for the Bulls 4th try.

Sammut to Lulia? No more forward than White to Ah Van for Hanbury's try.

(And believe me, I've seen my fair share of forward passes watching the Bulls, missing forward passes is my major bugbear)

A 12-3 penalty count (according to Full Time, so it could be wrong) and Betts still has the gall to criticise the referee so blatantly. Nathan Brown was reprimanded for less.

edit: 12-2 in League Express.

Francis Cummins - "We had a few guys busted and the penalty count was surprising - but no excuses." Just wonder what he says when he is making excuses.

Francis Cummins - "We had a few guys busted and the penalty count was surprising - but no excuses." Just wonder what he says when he is making excuses.

He's new, he'll catch up with everyone in the end!

T&A
The penalty count went against the Bulls in the second half but Cummins said: “The referee didn’t miss the tackles; he didn’t try and offload when we were in silly positions. We’re not into excuses.”