Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

09/03/13 - London Broncos v Hull KR - KO 6.15pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Hull KR
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

I know they have scored, but this is much better edge defence by London. This could have been a good dame if they didnt wait until HT to start playing

For that new rule, I have no problem with it if teams pass the ball until the next tackle, but if you are willing to kick it, that should be surrendered possession and play on IMO.

A good advert for Championship rugby I'd say. Not that many players make it from semi-pro to the big league.

That statement doesn't make sense in the way you intended it, if not many make it how is it a good advert?

That statement doesn't make sense in the way you intended it, if not many make it how is it a good advert?

He is a good advert, the ones that don't make it aren't.

36-18 to HKR. London have come out much better in the second half though.

He is a good advert, the ones that don't make it aren't.

He's a good advert, that makes more sense.

Colbon is frustrating. He had the space to dive over in the corner. Earlier in the game he didnt help Bailey out at all when he scored and could have made it much easier.

For that new rule, I have no problem with it if teams pass the ball until the next tackle, but if you are willing to kick it, that should be surrendered possession and play on IMO.

I disagree, I love the new 'free play' rule and it shouldn't be restricted. The issue at the moment is that teams are too cautious with it, mainly due to the lack of a clear signal from the official. Once it beds in and teams realise the possibilities it will lead to greater counter attacking plays and more risk taking.

I disagree, I love the new 'free play' rule and it shouldn't be restricted. The issue at the moment is that teams are too cautious with it, mainly due to the lack of a clear signal from the official. Once it beds in and teams realise the possibilities it will lead to greater counter attacking plays and more risk taking.

Yeah, I suppose when the teams start using the free play better I might change my mind. At the moment the fly hack isnt very entertaining to watch though.

Could be worse, in union people always try to kick drop goals, if they miss the play gets called back for a penalty kick anyway. I agree that if you kick the ball, you have used your advantage.

Attendance 1,837

What do you all think gentlemen? On another thread they are talking about Noble for Salford. Should London be calling him?

Being stuck here in Turin, I didn't see the game but from people's comments London seem lethargic week-in, week-out but can turn it on at times.

Do they have enough talent and just lack the coach? Or are they just not good enough?

Thought London looked pretty good, when they put some effort in. Spent too long looking lethargic and disinterested

I think London just lack quality. Witt's pass that was picked off by Welham in the 1st half was not professional standard. Some of the tackling was amateurish too. If they want to build the crowds back up they need a winning team. No matter how good the marketing is, it wont matter if the product they are selling is rubbish.

Speaking of the attendance, it knocked 1,650 off of the average the first 5 games set.

Attendance 1,837

400 less than Fev got on a wet and cold thursday night this week. London also had the benefit of significantly more away support.

Just saying

London also had the benefit of significantly more away support.

Not this time they didn't.

Not this time they didn't.

yes they did keighley brought next to none to fev Thursday

I was there today. Can someone from the RFL get London away from Twatters. It is killing the club and fans. The atmos is and alway has been dire. It is a ##### union area

400 less than Fev got on a wet and cold thursday night this week. London also had the benefit of significantly more away support.

Just saying

Better away support? How so?

That attendance is worse than I thought, with me being counted as there through my ST even though I am the other side of the planet at the moment.

I dread to think what the Catalans attendance will be :(

I know London contracts are signed until 2014 only when David Hughes walks but London's performances and attendances are doing the game no favours. The benefit the club would bring to Super League was always predicated on the basis of a successful Rugby League club not what we have here.

Put it this way if you were new to "Rugby" and went to see a Saracens / Harlequins match - and let's try not to turn this into a league / union debate - and then went to see London Broncos getting smashed with less than 2,000 ratting round a 15,000 stadium. Which code would you end up watching ?

This club in its current state is doing the game of Rugby League a disservice, Sorting things out for 2014 with either the club out of Super League or in under new ownership should be the RFL and the RL trade presses first priority.