Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Kingstone Press Championship - Round 6

Which game are you most looking forward to?   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you most looking forward to?

• Featherstone Rovers v Keighley Cougars
    • Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles
    • Barrow Raiders v Dewsbury Rams
    • Doncaster v Batley Bulldogs
    • Halifax v Swinton Lions
    • Hunslet Hawks v Whitehaven
    • York City Knights v Workington Town

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

I thought the new covered end looked a bit freaky in total darkness with no-one in it. Like some sort of never never land where p&r doesn't exist.... ;)

I thought the new covered end looked a bit freaky in total darkness with no-one in it. Like some sort of never never land where p&r doesn't exist.... ;)

Beyond the railway line lies Castleford, it's always dark that way, the Minas Morgul to our Minas Tirith

A certain player has tweeted that Fev fans were singing racist chants - if true, it's despicable

And if he wants to report it so the alleged incident is properly investigated, Twitter isn't the place to do so. If he doesn't want to report anything, then he should keep his mouth shut. It's a strong allegations to make. I would hope it's not true, and I also didn't hear anything at the game.

The player in question doesnt want to pursue or discuss the matter further after being questioned about the incident and what actual comments were said on twitter so make of that what you will

The player in question doesnt want to pursue or discuss the matter further after being questioned about the incident and what actual comments were said on twitter so make of that what you will

So essentially, he made it up.

Who knows but cant seem to back anything up when questioned and no player appears to be backing up the player either- original tweet has been deleted apparently also

If it was that serious he shouldve complained to the club in all honesty, enough cameras and sound equipment and there last night to perhaps pick anything (if at all) was said

A certain player has tweeted that Fev fans were singing racist chants - if true, it's despicable

Heard nothing of the sort, its not like Ferdinand claiming it a crowd of 40k, there was 2k there, somebody WOULD have heard something to back up the claim.

He should have reported it if really did hear something even if nobody else heard it.

The only thing I can think of is that hes heard 'cas' as 'black'?

We simply and truthfully don't do racist chants. it was tweeted by the Castleford player number 28, he has now deleted his statement due to it being totally untrue. I start the majority of chants and I am the one with the drum so I would know and hear it if it happened. Just sour grapes for being thrashed.

Sounds like a very silly tweet then - thanks for the replies.

Thought Fev looked different class without really stretching themselves.

Can't we Owen playing first team for Cas for some time - truly awful performance

Sounds like a very silly tweet then - thanks for the replies.

Thought Fev looked different class without really stretching themselves.

Can't we Owen playing first team for Cas for some time - truly awful performance

I would suggest it probably was a silly tweet, he probably mis-heard something and in the heat of the moment post game, tweeted it. He's not the first and won't be the last to do something like that, the RFL have just fined 3 players for it, not that it's an issue confined to RL or even sportspeople in general, as per the link below. The joys of the age of social media and the ability to comment to the world in an instant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/21703046

It was a better 80 min defensive effort from us, without looking quite 100% in attack. The injury to Briggsy in the 1st 10 mins probably didn't help, no problem with shuffling things around, but it limited the chance to rotate players throughout the game.

Owen's confidence looked shot, and he also didn't look overly happy to be at Keighley either. If he doesn't want to graft at the Cougars for a few weeks to rebuild his confidence though, I'm not sure where next for him.

I

Owen's confidence looked shot, and he also didn't look overly happy to be at Keighley either. If he doesn't want to graft at the Cougars for a few weeks to rebuild his confidence though, I'm not sure where next for him.

He never looks overly happy to be playing at Cas either! The ball is well and truly in his court and he needs to grasp his opportunity or that's his career gone

Tonight's game will be interesting , I am not sure who will win, should be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.

Tonight's game will be interesting , I am not sure who will win, should be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.

which game?

which game?

Leigh v Sheffield at a guess.

Leigh Centurions 0 v 28 Sheffield Eagles HT

Bloody hell, what's going on there? Expected this one to be very close

It started off with the commentary team and Leigh fans booing the ref, but by H/T it seems they are in agreement that Leigh aren't at the races and Sheffield are doing much better and deserve the half

H/T talk - Leigh on scoreboard, now 12 - 28

Leigh 18 Sheff 40 ft

Next thursday on Premier Sports - sheffield vs featherstone

Barrow get their first win of the season scoring 36 unanswered points against Dewsbury :)

Barrow get their first win of the season scoring 36 unanswered points against Dewsbury :)

No to Dual Reg! Stick with it!

Next thursday on Premier Sports - sheffield vs featherstone

cant wait for that.... should be a cracker!