Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ponterover

Glasshoughton Stadium Dream Finally Dead

87 posts in this topic

I think that was for the Championship clubs. SL clubs submitted later if I recall correctly. But as people have said, the RFL don't appear to have published any details around the next licences.

Yes indeed, the decision as to who to kick out was much much later in the year.

and as above the RFL/SLE have still to decide on the SL numbers for 2015.

OTish,

Reserved Matters (full planning) application for Newmarket will be submitted on 4th April, it's expected to be a complete formality and if/when passed that's all the planning hurdles cleared.

There's rumour, but a strong rumour, that the Stadium Trust and the Developers have found a way of funding the stadium without having to build the units first. A 3rd party investor is apparently prepared to under right the build cost of the stadium and secure his investment on the money that would have eventually come from leasing the units.

Iv been against the shared ground from the start but now I no there is 0 chance of us gettin our own ground id say our only option is to share a new ground, obviously id prefer it at glasshoughton as its near the xcape so theres a few bars there n its cas site but I wouldnt object to it been at newmarket as its only the next junction or 2 down m62.

Fev n fax seem to be gettin there stadiums sorted so its only a matter of time before there upto scratch

what is so wrong with the stadium at Cas? they have the gates one new stand maybe 2 job done If some had their way Cas would br out replaced by ? Bristol or AN Other we would have a great stadium with 1500 watching fantastic

Newmarket too far out of Wakefield car parking will be a nightmare and I will believe it when I see builders on site would be better building 2 new stands at BV

what is so wrong with the stadium at Cas? they have the gates one new stand maybe 2 job done

Barely changed since I started going there fifty years ago.

Needs some safety work.

Limited opportunities to earn a secondary income, which will always leave them on the back foot.

what is so wrong with the stadium at Cas? they have the gates one new stand maybe 2 job done If some had their way Cas would br out replaced by ? Bristol or AN Other we would have a great stadium with 1500 watching fantastic

Newmarket too far out of Wakefield car parking will be a nightmare and I will believe it when I see builders on site would be better building 2 new stands at BV

Who's paying or where's the funding coming from for the new stands at Wheldon Rd and Belle Vue?

Who's paying or where's the funding coming from for the new stands at Wheldon Rd and Belle Vue?

What's the relevance of that ? :mellow:

What's the relevance of that ? :mellow:

EH?

Of course its relevant!

Wheldon Rd and Belle Vue are in the state theyre in because funding for redevelopment isn't there, years nay decades have been lost in the futile attempt to secure funds and redevelop both grounds. RL fans, Sports administrators, sponsors etc have all proclaimed their exasperation at the number of failed schemes that have been proposed over the years.

Now and for the forseeable future there simply doesn't seem to be any funds for redeveloping either stadium so to suggest that Cas or Wakey should look into redeveloping is just not logicl and just throws us back into the unsuccessful merry go round that we've been in for the last 30+ years.

Like its location or not Newmarket is THE ONLY option for Wakefield Trinity unless the club want to slip out of the top tier of the sport, even then its only a delay to the innevitable.

http://www.pontefrac...press-1-5471301

To be clear, I am not gloating, just sharing what I've just seen on the Ponte and Cas website.

Only a headline at the moment, word on Casforum is that it's all over and WMDC have withdrawn the offer of £2m financial assistance.

Very bad news for all associated with Cas

Looks as though it hasn't sunk in with Dickie yet though http://www.pontefrac...-tail-1-5476522

'.....But Richard Wright, director and member of the club’s stadium steering project group, responded to the council’s statement by vowing to finalise their stadium plans.

He said: “We did meet Wakefield Council representatives at the beginning of February and the subject of their £2m offer was discussed.

“We were told that the council would do what they could to support us and they asked that we deliver detailed proposals to them for all our options and we are currently working these up.

“We do not know yet, what level of funding can be generated, so we are developing a number of options in some detail and once finished we intend to present these to the council.........'

EH?

Of course its relevant!

Wheldon Rd and Belle Vue are in the state theyre in because funding for redevelopment isn't there, years nay decades have been lost in the futile attempt to secure funds and redevelop both grounds. RL fans, Sports administrators, sponsors etc have all proclaimed their exasperation at the number of failed schemes that have been proposed over the years.

Now and for the forseeable future there simply doesn't seem to be any funds for redeveloping either stadium so to suggest that Cas or Wakey should look into redeveloping is just not logicl and just throws us back into the unsuccessful merry go round that we've been in for the last 30+ years.

Like its location or not Newmarket is THE ONLY option for Wakefield Trinity unless the club want to slip out of the top tier of the sport, even then its only a delay to the innevitable.

Whether or not there's funding is relevant.

Where it comes from is not.

Whether or not there's funding is relevant.

Where it comes from is not.

The fact is there’s no funding as has been proved over the last 30+ years.

I'm not going to get into a pedantic argument about the petty semantics of forum communications and the idiosyncrasies and nuances of the English language

FFS

Looks as though it hasn't sunk in with Dickie yet though http://www.pontefrac...-tail-1-5476522

'.....But Richard Wright, director and member of the club’s stadium steering project group, responded to the council’s statement by vowing to finalise their stadium plans.

He said: “We did meet Wakefield Council representatives at the beginning of February and the subject of their £2m offer was discussed.

“We were told that the council would do what they could to support us and they asked that we deliver detailed proposals to them for all our options and we are currently working these up.

“We do not know yet, what level of funding can be generated, so we are developing a number of options in some detail and once finished we intend to present these to the council.........'

Deary me, the bloke is either seriously deluded, or thinks he can continue to lie his way into another license.

The fact is there’s no funding as has been proved over the last 30+ years.

I'm not going to get into a pedantic argument about the petty semantics of forum communications and the idiosyncrasies and nuances of the English language

FFS

It's not just an idiosyncracy. They are completely different issues.

It's not just an idiosyncracy. They are completely different issues.

I, Well you knock yourself out worrying about the differences then, meanwhile,

There's no funding for the redevelopment of either Wheldon Rd or Belle Vue

I, Well you knock yourself out worrying about the differences then, meanwhile,

There's no funding for the redevelopment of either Wheldon Rd or Belle Vue

maybe he wants them to start releasing nice drawings of what they could look like, but with no actual plan to build them lol

Surely the RFL wont believe Richard Wright if at the next round of licensing he says we will have our new ground by end of season honest.

Hes been stringing the fans on for years now n its wearing thin

Surely the RFL wont believe Richard Wright if at the next round of licensing he says we will have our new ground by end of season honest.

Hes been stringing the fans on for years now n its wearing thin

I remember a lovely pastel coloured rectangular stadium at Whitwood in the P&C with Richard Wright claiming theyd be in it within 5 years... that was in 1999.

I remember a lovely pastel coloured rectangular stadium at Whitwood in the P&C with Richard Wright claiming theyd be in it within 5 years... that was in 1999.

wow - things change, but hey, all hail Feisal, I'm sure it's a long term strategy

wow - things change, but hey, all hail Feisal, I'm sure it's a long term strategy

At least Fev appear to have a strategy as opposed to Cas' Mr Micawber like hope that 'something will turn up' eh Kenny?

At least Fev appear to have a strategy as opposed to Cas' Mr Micawber like hope that 'something will turn up' eh Kenny?

Burn the clubhouse down again :lol:

Burn the clubhouse down again :lol:

dont think they can afford the matches down at cas at the moment, although there shuld be plenty of tinder with all the previous stadium plans tucked away lol

yep - plan "A" - rely on Feisal, guaranteed to bring you success I'm sure!

yep - plan "A" - rely on Feisal, guaranteed to bring you success I'm sure!

You're hilarious, really you are. Ever thought that the reason Cas are in the position they are in is because the club is being led by the likes of Dickie, whose grasp of reality appears to be, shall we say suspect? As for Feisal, he's stumped up the cash already. Maybe you should consider why he left Cas and more importantly why they haven't chased him for the money he allegedly owes them? Not all a one way street from what I've heard.

Don't think we'll ever get into SL but looking forward to the derbies again once you get promotion from Champ1 ;)