Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castleford Hawk

Greatest Hooker

38 posts in this topic

Close run thing for the centres. Irwin gets the nod whilst McHugh just loses out to Tate on my casting vote.

The team so far...

1 Kemble

2 Muscroft

3 Tate

4 Irwin

5. Plange

6. Mannson

7. The King

13 Wolford

Now for the hooker. James Lowes went on to international fame but was he a world beater with us. Murray Netzer may get a shout.

neil grey and phil gibson maybe

Richard Chapman, Jermaine Wray,Darren Robinson, Richard Pachniuk,Charlie Wabo,Roy Sampson, Terry Webb plenty to go at here. Im not right sure if James Lowes played more than a couple of games at hooker tbh.

James played more at loose or halfs for us, Patch who Ellery wanted to swap for King Keiron Cunningham. Although would have been Chappy if we got him earlier in his career.In time might be Liam Hood.

Charlie Wabo for me. Highly underated.

Only one or me Richard Pachniuk

James played more at loose or halfs for us, Patch who Ellery wanted to swap for King Keiron Cunningham. Although would have been Chappy if we got him earlier in his career.In time might be Liam Hood.

Tommy Martin not Keiron Cunningham.........

Richard Chapman, Jermaine Wray,Darren Robinson, Richard Pachniuk,Charlie Wabo,Roy Sampson, Terry Webb plenty to go at here. Im not right sure if James Lowes played more than a couple of games at hooker tbh.

A bit hard when your compairing yesteryear hookers and todays hookers , with not having to contest the ball , Richard Pachniuk for me tho......

Tommy Martin not Keiron Cunningham.........

Was it I'm pretty sure it was KC?

i always liked Southernwood

Patchniuk hands down.

Are those the stadium steps?

Are those the stadium steps?

I remember that ride at the Pleasure Beach , Wild Mouse , never again :O

I remember that ride at the Pleasure Beach , Wild Mouse , never again :O

I remember them steps at London!!! Never again

I 've dug my copy of Rugby League World out , October 2005 found in all good bookshops WHS, ect........the guy who put this Hunslet team together was Cliff Spracklen and not Harry Jepson , and it says he was brought up supporting both Hunslet and Bramley , and points out not Leeds.

A trustee of Hunslet Boys Club and says he's now a director of Bramley Buffaloes , (Oct 2005 to print).........

Our Choice............................................................Cliff's Choice

1 Kemble...............................................................1 Billy Langton

2 Muscroft..............................................................2 Alan Snowden

3Tate......................................................................3 Geoff Shelton

4 Irwin.....................................................................4 Alan Preece

5 Plange.................................................................5 John Griffiths

6 Mannson.............................................................6 Brian Gabbitas

7 KING....................................................................7 Graham KING

13 Wolford..............................................................13 Tony Dean

For the the younger fans to many old names in there ..........maybe

Graham King maybe but not as good as Webb. In my team, Webb would have to be No 9.

One for King of Leon (Steve) here , Cliff mentions , at Hooker Bernard Prior , Phil Gibson , Graham King and says if he'd had a drink he would go for STAN MOYSER but sober he went for ...........................?

Thought so, its the buns plays with the brain cells :blink:

Get back on your Stones Bitter B)

Get back on your Stones Bitter B)

Too busy looking in Dawn's shopping bag !