Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RugbyFann

Getting more Support

112 posts in this topic

Brilliantly put penola. Hunslet means a hell of a lot to it's fans although there may not be loads of us

me. i would never go at watch hunslet play home games over river.

and i reckon most of our support would feel the same

Just wondered if you knew what Hunslet means to our fans. We may sound like we are cutting off our noses to spite our faces but Leeds fans who are have say not reached 25-30 may not understand that for 80 years we used to be big city rivals. I remember when we got promoted to the first division in the 80s and the cover of Open Rugby showed David Gillespie (our Aussie test player) arm wrestling with a Leeds player under the headline "A tale of one city"!

I don't want to sound patronising but the younger generation will probably not know this and will see Hunslet as a small amateur club. Unfortunately the RL ruined our aspirations along with other clubs and we have lost a huge amount of our fans base over the past 13 years. Combine this with how successful Leeds have been and you will understand how downtrodden we feel but we keep going with a few hundred at each game. Hopefully although your intentions are good, you will understand why we would never entertain playing at Headingley

Peter Tunks was the Leeds player.

Fair enough, like I said I don't know the full history, never believed i did, but it was a genuine idea, that I thought might help to build more support for the future. Anyway we can just let this be the last post and it'll drop away into the abyss in the next week or two :-)

There is so much more to it than that !!!

It's a shame too many RECENT Humslet fans have now turned their backs on the bullying and false representation of so few .

This is an appalling move and state of affairs .

When Leigh announce their duals and Such as Doncaster do the same it is a shame that it is fuelled By the 'blind Hunslet power' at this moment in time

Get real , stop frightening people and get a grip cos this is all going the 'Bramley' way

It's a shame too many RECENT Humslet fans have now turned their backs on the bullying and false representation of so few .

When Leigh announce their duals and Such as Doncaster do the same it is a shame that it is fuelled By the 'blind Hunslet power' at this moment in time

Get real , stop frightening people and get a grip cos this is all going the 'Bramley' way

I don't understand mate

I don't understand mate

I think he's trying to say it will all end in tears with Hunslet vanishing,like Bramley did.

I have a degree in translating hysterics..

'We are doing very well ' with the help of the rhinos - who dictate 'who what and when' you get the players .

Can't say they were queuing up to play at Leigh !

Hunslet and Swinton are getting themselves in a position where they are Being out landed by the rest - it is very much like a bad position where the Hawks are being duped by the powers at the other side of the river. Hated by their fellow clubs.

What will happen when they exceed the expected 'ten' wins which then causes financial problems ???

Lots to be considered here and you shouldn't be duped by the "well it's within the rules so we have to do it " attitudes that prevail !!

No you don't .

It's distorting the competition and upsetting players who have been loyal to the club over recent years including the guys who did a full pre season - for what ??

Get real and think about it ! Have the gates really gone up ?? Are Hunslet really benefitting ??? .

Phwww, here we go again, the "impossible" topic, I'll join in this one tomorrow (again) ...

Simon wind your neck in!!! You'll end up drowning in your own bitterness

A lot of generic statements RobinHood but very few facts. Which players who has done a full pre season is not happy? Those who have picked up 3 lots of wining pay as opposed to 2 lots last season?

Where did anyone say DR would improve attendances? As far as I'm aware, and have read, DR is about staying up. Increased attendances by getting a few extra from the rhinos is a bonus. The RL (or SL's whichever way you look at it) decision to introduce it is theirs.

I don't see that anything now is anything different to what was promised previously. Attendances are ###### = expected, we are battling for wins = expected, we have no money = expected. The club may not have solved these in one season however serious attempts are being made to correct these problems. Something that has been missing for years.

No one has the answer the answer to the attendance problem but hopefully, in time, the good work being done now will pay off and lead to new and old fans attending games.

Smell the coffee Macca and stop following eh ?

Think for yourself - get back to a level playing field and stop making these 'Headingley heroes' into Hunslet martyrs ... Kleinhorst - best centre in Hunslet history - get real eh ???

Time to question what you're being dictated ??

Of maybe I could be bitter cause I didn't get 40k a year that I wanted to be on the board. GET REAL SIMON

'We are doing very well ' with the help of the rhinos - who dictate 'who what and when' you get the players .

Leeds obviously have first call on the players, but they have one of the most stable team selections in the league, so baring 5/6 injuries in one game then hunslet are likely to have most of the same players again.
Can't say they were queuing up to play at Leigh !
who weren't queuing up?
Hunslet and Swinton are getting themselves in a position where they are Being out landed by the rest - it is very much like a bad position where the Hawks are being duped by the powers at the other side of the river. Hated by their fellow clubs.
how do you figure that one? all teams agreed to the situation at the start of the year, the only issue is now that 3/4 teams are moaning because they're having to work harder for wins rather than just turning up for half the games. i expect that the moaning clubs didn't think that super league clubs would allow so many talented players to be playing regularly in the championship
What will happen when they exceed the expected 'ten' wins which then causes financial problems ???
i'm sure the club will be working on the figures all the time
It's distorting the competition and upsetting players who have been loyal to the club over recent years including the guys who did a full pre season - for what ??
its making the competition better. sport is about winning and being the best team, players learn from an early age that the best 17 players get picked to play on sundays, the guys who aren't getting picked at the minute need to work harder in training and wait their chance, either from a drop in form of someone else or an injury. As for hunslet's squad, has anyone not had a chance who wasn't/isn't injured?
Get real and think about it ! Have the gates really gone up ?? Are Hunslet really benefitting ??? .
yes and yes.

If you want one of the biggest benefits, just look at the level that some of our players are now playing at, never in a million years would anyone have backed helliwell to be the player of the round last year, but with the skill around him and the people competing for his place, he's up his game 10 fold

You are being well and truly duped by the thinks here and that is the subject so stop changing it eh ?

The teams who got promoted have the same pool of players to choose from and accept their position and get on with it.

Swinton claim they have their better players signed by stronger clubs . What is Hunslet's excuse ??

Get real and play by rules that aren't being made up as they go along ??

Brian Mc thinks he has a Devine right to play who HE wants !!

You are being well and truly duped by the thinks here and that is the subject so stop changing it eh ?

The teams who got promoted have the same pool of players to choose from and accept their position and get on with it.

Swinton claim they have their better players signed by stronger clubs . What is Hunslet's excuse ??

Get real and play by rules that aren't being made up as they go along ??

Brian Mc thinks he has a Devine right to play who HE wants !!

And you know that how?

Are you part of the Leeds or Hunslet coaching staff.

You don't have a clue.

Listen to the radio and his interviews ???

Even better,you tell me.

I've never heard him say he had a divine right to play who he wants.

Funnily enough - I did !

You want dates and times ???

All around Kylie Leulai ' incident ' ??

Go on then,you might as well.

You are still clueless though.

Well I guess the only person who can tell us wether that's the case is Barry Eaton and that's not likely is it! If any of the Rhinos lads were having a stinker and still getting picked then we'd all be jumping up and down about it! The fact is they're bringing something extra allowing the likes of Helliwell, Yates, Menzies etc etc to show more of what they can do!

If in a years time DR isn't there then we'll have to see where that leaves us but for now survival is key.