Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RugbyFann

Getting more Support

112 posts in this topic

I Will say this. Hunslet are at the moment being run better than at any time i can remember. Too much is being made of this dual reg agreement mostly by people who want to see us fail for their own personal gratification. These people don't come to games but spout off on here as though they do. I am not a fan of dual reg but while its here we MUST use it. Relagation would see us fold i am sure of it. I would rather do what we are doing rather than fold. GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM RATHER THAN HAMMERING THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN

How many people have you bullied off this forum - plenty who don't even participate anymore ?

But I didn't try getting 40k a year out of a club with no money did I pal. Wind your neck in

Yeah but not for another team - surely ??

It just ends up chaotic ???

Simon. If you and others like Superman and Maisey started coming back to games it would benefit the club. How can you just not bother anymore? It's beyond me

Well said penola. Won't come to games but will slag off the very hard work being done by the club

You are being well and truly duped by the thinks here and that is the subject so stop changing it eh ?

again can we have that in english?
The teams who got promoted have the same pool of players to choose from and accept their position and get on with it.
the same teams have mostly signed up to partnerships? tommy makinson (40+ games of super league, played in at least 1 grand final) played for haven today, was anyone moaning from hunslet that they were playing against a grand final player?
Swinton claim they have their better players signed by stronger clubs . What is Hunslet's excuse ??
no excuse is needed
Get real and play by rules that aren't being made up as they go along ??
the rules were set before the season, everyone was aware of them. maybe the moaners should get real and life with what they agreed too!

and just a thought for the fev/fax/shef fans, if you were in superleague this year bet your club would be signed up for a partnership

Brian Mc thinks he has a Devine right to play who HE wants !!
would love you to dig out a quote for this!

Just saddens me to see people make fools of themselves on here if Hunslet were getting beat 50 nil every week would these people be piping up I think not the board made a big decision and so far it has paid off let's face facts we are not in a place to be turning down the calibre of players we are getting and despite what people say about dual reg not one has looked like they don't want to be playing for Hunslet to me certain individuals on this topic are not liking fact the club is doing great things in the community doing fairly well on the pitch and so is using the dual reg saga to try unsettle everyone

Pity the attendance was only 375. If Haven brought 25, that means we could only attract 350 of our own speccies. We might as well shut the gates and throw the key away. I know it was a cold day, but even so, we should attract 750 for Whitehaven and 1,000 for local derbies.

Pity the attendance was only 375. If Haven brought 25, that means we could only attract 350 of our own speccies. We might as well shut the gates and throw the key away. I know it was a cold day, but even so, we should attract 750 for Whitehaven and 1,000 for local derbies.

Attendances are a worry, i didn't make the game Sunday for family commitments with it been Mothers day, and i'm sure a lot of other people will have had that scenario, plus it was freezing.

We did give the SLA academy 400 voucher tickets for the game, i'm told only 7 were used, so its hard, we just need to keep trying.

The game was only £12 admission, lowest in our division, so its case of how cheap do people want it to be, but we've all said it, if it was FREE people still wouldn't leave the clubs and pubs of South Leeds to come and watch!

But we cant give up, the product on the pitch is the best we've had for some years and deserves more support.

Looking in the programme for Sunday, when we played Whitehaven in 1995 there were only 506 watching so not a lot has changed. I agree we need to keep going and going and as long as we are not losing money then it will come

We had two attendances lower than Sundays last season, and our average Year on Year is only down by 18 at the minute, which isn't bad when you think that we have had Barrow, Donny and Whitehaven at home with only Dewsbury were you would expect a good following.

So we just need to keep trying and promoting the games.

That can't be right, Haven always take hundreds to away games. ;) ;) ;)

We had two attendances lower than Sundays last season, and our average Year on Year is only down by 18 at the minute, which isn't bad when you think that we have had Barrow, Donny and Whitehaven at home with only Dewsbury were you would expect a good following.

So we just need to keep trying and promoting the games.

Barrow brought a good following mate. There were 2 coaches parked outside the drysalters before the game

Barrow brought a good following mate. There were 2 coaches parked outside the drysalters before the game

They did mate id say around 80-100, which would be why the crowd was 491, which was 100+ more than Sundays. But you'd expect Batley, Halifax, Leigh, Fev and York to bring more.

Sheffield will be another a good indicator, hopefully it will be little warmer, no mothersday so we will be hoping for 450+, its a game we need to push!

Its a small miracle were we are at the minute, to be competing & winning games, as a club with no financial backer, supporter owned, and only 350 fans, is quite amazing. The truth is we are way out of our depth at this level, but we are Hunslet and we will all work hard and support our club to make sure we keep the club alive!

Think I counted about 15 Haven fans plus their Directors.

Anybody who turned up in such artic weather deserves a medal.

Hunslet fans have to be realistic on what the Dual Reg players have brought to us, without them we would be struggling.

Good to see Robin Hood back on the Forum.

The attendances have always been a problem, since even before I've been going. A league match against Huyton in December 1970 attracted 267 to Parkside. One of the very last games at Parkside, in April 1973, against Hull believe it or not, was watched by 300.

And yet it was still decided the club was to be saved in the summer of that year. We should be very used by now to operating on smaller gates than practically all of our rivals !!

And we all know that the problem has been increased by some supporters boycotting the club, as this thread shows.

The attendances have always been a problem, since even before I've been going. A league match against Huyton in December 1970 attracted 267 to Parkside. One of the very last games at Parkside, in April 1973, against Hull believe it or not, was watched by 300.

And yet it was still decided the club was to be saved in the summer of that year. We should be very used by now to operating on smaller gates than practically all of our rivals !!

And we all know that the problem has been increased by some supporters boycotting the club, as this thread shows.

But the supporters i have been told are "Boycotting", which is a handful, most of them didn't come to games last season so i don't think people boycotting us is the reason why our crowd was poor Sunday.

But the supporters i have been told are "Boycotting", which is a handful, most of them didn't come to games last season so i don't think people boycotting us is the reason why our crowd was poor Sunday.

Not so sure about that ... I know at least three people who sit near me who certainly haven't been this season, one or two other faces I can think of I haven't spotted yet either (it might be they are still coming but I just haven't bumped into them).

Not so sure about that ... I know at least three people who sit near me who certainly haven't been this season, one or two other faces I can think of I haven't spotted yet either (it might be they are still coming but I just haven't bumped into them).

So that's a handful? ;)

When you put the amount of people not coming this season against the number who havnt bothered for some years its a relatively a small amount.

Ive also seen faces this season who i havnt seen for years, bumped in to a bloke in the Phoenix who stopped coming in 1999, he had a new shirt on and is a season ticket holder, also the twins who stopped coming in 1999 have both bought season tickets this season.

its criminal the so called sporting public of a city the size of Leeds ( 700,000 ) cant be bothered to get out of the pubs , clubs, white rose centre and ikea on a sunday afternoon.Its always been the same to be honest .

After 4 pages on this subject has everyone forgotten the main reason for the lack of crowds at SLS. The RFLs decision to refuse us entry into SL cost us around 1,200 fans overnight as gates dropped from 2000 down to 800. All efforts by the club since have failed as disillusioned fans stay away. I have said repeatedly many times since that survival itself is our priority, and hope that the sport changes at the top before its too late for us and other smaller clubs. The current board are to be thanked for carrying on the task since Grahame Liles departure, but crowds are not likely to return until promotion/relegation is re-introduced.

Lets hope everybodys hard work is rewarded in the not too distant future !

After 4 pages on this subject has everyone forgotten the main reason for the lack of crowds at SLS. The RFLs decision to refuse us entry into SL cost us around 1,200 fans overnight as gates dropped from 2000 down to 800. All efforts by the club since have failed as disillusioned fans stay away. I have said repeatedly many times since that survival itself is our priority, and hope that the sport changes at the top before its too late for us and other smaller clubs. The current board are to be thanked for carrying on the task since Grahame Liles departure, but crowds are not likely to return until promotion/relegation is re-introduced.

Lets hope everybodys hard work is rewarded in the not too distant future !

Can't disagree Big Al, spot on!