Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baaarrow

Dual Reg U-Turn

68 posts in this topic

Marwood doesn't play on the wing or second row does he. He plays at hooker which we have a lot of choce at. He isn't big enough currently to play CC which has nothing to do with ability, he will be playing for Barrow in a few years hopefully but what harm is there having him around other quality players.

Nixon left due to work commitments, being in CC1 will mean he may be able to play due to a less intense training schedule. Gordon didn't think he was good enough for CC so stepped down to ameteur. He'd be easily good enough for the division, I thought he could be good enough at this level.

I've said enough IMO. The clubs stance is clear on DR and we showed on sunday we have enough to beat teams in the division. Let's show our support and help the lads stay up.

Does no harm having players like marwood around the scene, hope he is pay as you play though. I think you will find that we have more wingers than hookers. If you sign a player, you sign him to play, not to get left out each week, he should go back to the island and use this link that the raiders were so keen on establishing with local clubs which was mentioned last season, and get a few games under his belt.

Have you spoke to Nixon and Gordon directly? I think you my find your wrong barrowwhingingkid. Don't believe what you read in the mail or from ###### up raiders fans on the terraces

i dont think Gordon didnt sign because he didnt think he was good enough Raiderskid :rolleyes:

Marwood doesn't play on the wing or second row does he. He plays at hooker which we have a lot of choce at. He isn't big enough currently to play CC which has nothing to do with ability, he will be playing for Barrow in a few years hopefully but what harm is there having him around other quality players.

Nixon left due to work commitments, being in CC1 will mean he may be able to play due to a less intense training schedule. Gordon didn't think he was good enough for CC so stepped down to ameteur. He'd be easily good enough for the division, I thought he could be good enough at this level.

I've said enough IMO. The clubs stance is clear on DR and we showed on sunday we have enough to beat teams in the division. Let's show our support and help the lads stay up.

On the Marwood situation.. Size isnt everything just look at Rob Burrows for Leeds, great player and a game winner !

And i dont think Gordy would have stopped playing because he didnt think he was good enough...

Sorry Morty, but that was the reason he finished

have you had this from the horses (more like an old carthorse) mouth?

Reading tonight's evening mail , It looked like we investigated the possibility of a dual reg deal but the terms offered by the Super league club were unacceptable to the club

I havent seen the mail so i could be wrong but i believe it was players on loan not DR from hudd and the terms are just a joke so guess they wont be turning out in a raiders shirt

have you had this from the horses (more like an old carthorse) mouth?

Neigh neigh lad, but near enough.

Used sensibly the DR system can benefit clubs like town and barrow. If the system is over used i think it is wrong and we all know who are the culprits of that in this league. That is wrong. However as i say if used correctly it can be beneficial IMO. Can you rely on locals only to stay in this league is the big question.

Used sensibly the DR system can benefit clubs like town and barrow. If the system is over used i think it is wrong and we all know who are the culprits of that in this league. That is wrong. However as i say if used correctly it can be beneficial IMO. Can you rely on locals only to stay in this league is the big question.

I agree, and most barrow fans have no problem with workington, my concern is, if teams start reducing there squads what path will young lads have, if all the teams in the championship reduced their squads by 5 that would take away 70 places,

I agree, and most barrow fans have no problem with workington, my concern is, if teams start reducing there squads what path will young lads have, if all the teams in the championship reduced their squads by 5 that would take away 70 places,

clubs should always use the majority of their own players and certainly not reduce their squads by 5 to accommodate DR's. however having the opportunity to bring some to your club in case of injuries or to strengthen key areas can only be good thing. On the other side allowing your squad to be used to give SL reserves game time is just wrong. I don't think any of us can afford to drop out of this league so is the DR such a bad thing if used properly

As you said town4me, if its used for the right purposes, there's nothing wrong with it. But it should be nipped in the bud by the end of the season. For the likes of the CC1 clubs that might get promoted at the end of season, how will it work for them. As most of them are down south, how could they afford to have DR. With travelling expenses and probably putting players up over night, surely they couldn't afford that with the crowds they are getting.

As you said town4me, if its used for the right purposes, there's nothing wrong with it. But it should be nipped in the bud by the end of the season. For the likes of the CC1 clubs that might get promoted at the end of season, how will it work for them. As most of them are down south, how could they afford to have DR. With travelling expenses and probably putting players up over night, surely they couldn't afford that with the crowds they are getting.

Very good point about the southern teams. It's okay for Hunslet and the rest of the Yorkshire mob.

see today on swinton site that the warrington youth coach looks to have got the swinton first team coaches job , not confirmed yet. the fans aint happy tho. bad enough with duel regin with em and now having a performance monitor in charge of your feeder club.

only in rugby league this can happen. lol

I've heard rumours that Lloyd Williams is coming On dual reg from barrow island, he would be a great addition to the squad adding size and pace

I've heard rumours that Lloyd Williams is coming On dual reg from barrow island, he would be a great addition to the squad adding size and pace

agree with part of that!