See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lingard

55 posts in this topic

Nothing Super about this attendance, can anyone guess who it belongs to?

I can't see the club surviving Chris. Even the rfl can see the club is drawing its final breaths.

Looks carp on telly. Sends lots of negative signals out and in spite of lots of effort, investment and perseverance the clubs decline continues so much that attracting a crowd greater than a club in the championship is seemingly too much for the club.

Unless there is some miraculous salvation, the club is doomed. Im unsure the rfl can prevent it even if they wanted to.

Not a lot to show for 18 years of elite football. What worries me is that the muppets on sky are now trying to sell us the club based on their youth development or so it seemed last night. I am sure we would be getting gates of around 6000 regularly if allowed back in the top flight surely better or the game than 1837 that's for sure.

Move over and make way for the Fevolution.

Doubt they will admit they've failed in London and it would be a huge embarrassment for the sport to lose the Broncos if that's what they're called at the moment.

expansion isn't working, time for some contraction and a dose of realism.

The Rovers have never had a 6,000 average. According to my now diminishing memory the best was something over 5,000 many years ago for one season only. Unless of course somebody knows different.

Where is all the money coming from to keep this club viable?. No business man in their right minds would be ploughing money into a financial pit without the expectation of a return. These attendances will not pay the ground rent, never mind the wages. A lost cause I am afraid, as predicted.

Where is all the money coming from to keep this club viable?

I thought somebody said Feisal had put a fat wedge in. Plus you've got your land, obviously.

London is an odd place, its a place where theyd rather play league and watch union.

I thought somebody said Feisal had put a fat wedge in. Plus you've got your land, obviously.

Think they are talking about London Griff. Fev will have other avenues of revenue when all comes to fruition.

Think they are talking about London Griff. Fev will have other avenues of revenue when all comes to fruition.

Ah - right! Is was "this club" which confused me.

French emblem

:lol:

The Rovers have never had a 6,000 average. According to my now diminishing memory the best was something over 5,000 many years ago for one season only. Unless of course somebody knows different.

Yes and as far as I can remember we have never had close to 3000 in the second division either. I think we could walk 6000 in SL 3-4000 home support and 2000 away, easy.

Which rl clubs bring 2k support nowadays?

Genuine question

Which rl clubs bring 2k support nowadays?

Genuine question

Hull FC used travel well... not sure if thats still the case, well both Hull clubs have brought thousands to Belle View when ive been to watch them play there.

I remember in the season we averaged about 4800 ish,i think it was around 1995. But the attendance i remember was when we played sheffield we got 3500 to 3600 fans with hardly any of there fans,no change there. There was great travelling support in those days. Wigan and both hull teams used bring 1500 to 2500 fans. Up the rovers. I think we could easly average4000 to 4500. Is that enough to sustain fully proffesional team is anybodies guess but it would be great trying

.... I think we could easly average4000 to 4500. Is that enough to sustain fully proffesional team is anybodies guess but it would be great trying

Nowhere near enough - need at least double that to avoid following the Wakey/Bradford/Salford path.

There will be 5000 c@s fans with nowhere to go if they keep ploughing down the path that they are on..

Nowhere near enough - need at least double that to avoid following the Wakey/Bradford/Salford path.

If we could 'easily average' 5500, itd be a good start.

On the subject of attendence 113 at Gloucestershre All golds VS South Wales Crusaders

What do people think to that?

Got to start somewhere. ...

The game as a whole is in a mess. The Championship is seeing smaller crowds across most games. My club Halifax had just under 1500 today. Yes it was cold and mothers day but still thats a poor crowd. A number of people I know who used to be regular have said they are just fed up with the way things are in the game and the way the Championship is just becoming an A team League in many cases. They just dont go out of the way to go to games as in the past. You look at SL and crowds are still poor at many clubs and they are losing money or beiong propped up ny mony men. But for how long? SL is slowly killing clubs. Bradford, Wakefield and Salford have got lucky. Crusaders not so. I fear London and Cas are both on the brink. But its only a matter of time before Hull KR and Widnes join them as both the money men at the clubs have said they wont keep putting in so much money. SL offers little hope for Fev, Fax or anybody really. Its a utopia where we all dream to be in but the reality is it will hurt our clubs and maybe in 10 years or so we would see Fev or Fax in a situation like Cas. Do we really want that? I see nothing from the RFL or clubs to offer much of a positive future for the game as a whole whether that be at Pro or amateur level.

Yes and as far as I can remember we have never had close to 3000 in the second division either. I think we could walk 6000 in SL 3-4000 home support and 2000 away, easy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: