Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derwent

York v Town

180 posts in this topic

I think its time for our coaches to give Lupton a few games at 13 he is no stand off. Surely we signed Conner to play stand off not centre.Lets give Callum and Conner a go in the half,s Lupton 13 olstrum on the bench covering matty @ Lupton just to see how it goes. What do you think??

No he didn't he played at 13. Peter hasnt played at 6 for over 8 years!! His natural position is 13!! In reply to all the comments about the half backs I think its a bit unfair. Yeah they've not been at their best but by the sounds of Sunday towns forward pack was well n truly dominated, cooper cronk would struggle in a team where his pack is being dominated. Peter showed again barrow what he is capable of when the pack get on top and people outside him run where they're supposed to. Poor Brett n stacky are having to do to much wrk in the middle rather that be running out wide, when they are out wide they are good enough to run the right lines for likes of peter and Coyle and these guys will and do find them.

you may be right Ben but at the moment it just isn't happening in the halves and it has to improve

Sure why not . But I just don't see Peter Lupton as the main problem . He needs someone alongside him of quality to lighten the load . Neither Coyle or Forber have it . To often Peters taking it all on himself because there's nothing coming from his partner , and I cant fault his efforts in an alien position .Sure move him to 13 , thats where ive always seen him play , but Charlo obviously likes his experience at half , but if that's so he needs to find him a mate to break the line and share the creation n kicking . Then Peter can play his own game without forcing out to much .

Agree with you town it does but what I am trying to get across is that the blame just doesnt lie with the halves.

In today's League Weekly, Charlo is reported as saying that Matty and Miller could be back for the Batley match!!

thank god for that. we need elliot as much as we do matty, we lack serious pace without him.