Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSN

Barrow v Dewsbury

51 posts in this topic

A magnificent second half performance today. I am pretty certain that Barrow has never come back from a 22 point deficit to win a match. I can remember us overturning an 18 point deficit once to come back and beat Castleford (in the early 1980s I think).

As already stated we have moved off the bottom of the table and a win next week over Haven will see us out of the bottom two.

Out of interest 11 local lads on show today and no DR. I think that simply endorses the club's view that the coaches have the 100% backing of the BoD in building a competitive side based largely around players from Barrow and surrounding areas.

DR can go disappear where the sun don't shine imo :).

If we win next Sunday (and it really isn't a given by the way) then we are likely to be fourth from bottom with three DR devotees below us.

Just in case Holty hasn't got a copy here's the Indispensable man

Sometime when you're feeling important

Sometime when your ego's in bloom

Sometime when you take it for granted

You're the best qualified in the room

Sometime when you feel that you're going

Would leave an unfillable hole

Just follow these simple instructions

And see how they humble your soul

Take a bucket and fill it with water

Put your hand in it up to the wrist

Pull it out and the hole that's remaining

Is a measure of how much you'll be missed

You can splash all you wish when you enter

You may stir up the water galore

But stop, and you'll find that in no time

It looks quite the same as before

The moral of this quaint example

Is to do just the best that you can

Be proud of yourself but remember

There's no indispensable Man

(by Saxon White Kessinger)

Out of interest 11 local lads on show today and no DR. I think that simply endorses the club's view that the coaches have the 100% backing of the BoD in building a competitive side based largely around players from Barrow and surrounding areas.

:D :D :D

Thought danny jones was outstanding tackled everything and brad brennan and kurt haggerty were also brilliant come on u barrow

GUTTED i missed today but had to work but congrats to the lads for an amazing come back and hope we can kick on and get a few more wins under our belt ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A magnificent second half performance today. I am pretty certain that Barrow has never come back from a 22 point deficit to win a match. I can remember us overturning an 18 point deficit once to come back and beat Castleford (in the early 1980s I think).

As already stated we have moved off the bottom of the table and a win next week over Haven will see us out of the bottom two.

If we win next Sunday (and it really isn't a given by the way) then we are likely to be fourth from bottom with three DR devotees below us.

Keith,

If you say that is the case then I believe you....but, wasn't it a very similar score, maybe the same even, when they played the Crusaders at Wrexham at the start of last season.

Fairly sure it was something like 22-0 when they went in at half time and didn't we win by a point, maybe 2??

I was there but I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone what happened last year.

took me a while to find it but here it is......Barrow went in 20-4 down against the Crusaders and won the game 24-26.

So, like I said, no reason to not believe you Keith.

A great result......on both occasions.

hope lads remember the sweet taste of victory, god knows we know the taste of defeat.

hope holty keeps the dvd of match and fast forwards the first half and shows the lads what they can do for each other when they aply their abilities to what comes natural to them.

they dont have to force the pass and panic just commit them selves 100% too the tackle and back up their team mates.

i was one of them who thought the first half was forgetable and didnt see a way back but credit to the lads.

i am one of those fans for 25 plus years will stand in the rain and wind on the pop side who will shout and rant at team and the ref but we all want the same thing. a barrow win.

well done to coaches and well done team . top effort....................

Ive watched Barrow for many years, and have never seen anything like it, but its why we all go week in week out, there are lows, but the highs are brilliant, I hope everybody will now believe Darren when he says the squad is good enough.

hope lads remember the sweet taste of victory, god knows we know the taste of defeat.

hope holty keeps the dvd of match and fast forwards the first half and shows the lads what they can do for each other when they aply their abilities to what comes natural to them.

they dont have to force the pass and panic just commit them selves 100% too the tackle and back up their team mates.

i was one of them who thought the first half was forgetable and didnt see a way back but credit to the lads.

i am one of those fans for 25 plus years will stand in the rain and wind on the pop side who will shout and rant at team and the ref but we all want the same thing. a barrow win.

well done to coaches and well done team . top effort....................

To be fair off the wall, I bet there wasn't a single supporter from either side expecting anything else than a Dewsbury win at half time.

What in fact happened in the second half was nothing short of miraculous. Brennan and Dawson especially ran there hearts out along with Bull and Haggerty who had there usual great games, Jones, Casey and Mossop all had strong games too.

What we need to do now is to put in these performances for the full 80mins, and not give teams 22 points starts as we did today.

It's great to get that 1st win under our belts but whether the squad is strong enough to remain in this division still reamins to be seen imo.

Keith,

If you say that is the case then I believe you....but, wasn't it a very similar score, maybe the same even, when they played the Crusaders at Wrexham at the start of last season.

Fairly sure it was something like 22-0 when they went in at half time and didn't we win by a point, maybe 2??

I was there but I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone what happened last year.

took me a while to find it but here it is......Barrow went in 20-4 down against the Crusaders and won the game 24-26.

So, like I said, no reason to not believe you Keith.

A great result......on both occasions.

I was at that game too WB and funnily enough never considered that one :)

Thought danny jones was outstanding tackled everything and brad brennan and kurt haggerty were also brilliant come on u barrow

I chose the BoD man of the match today and went for Danny Jones.

He was superb throughout (and has been in most matches). He reminds me of Nathan Mossop's dad Steve when he was playing for us - fit as a butcher's dog works all day for the team without necessarily getting the big raps in the press.

I said the same thing about Jones on the back of the Workington performance. He gets through a shed load of work. Never takes a backwards step and goes in hard when he tackles.

He is definitely going to be a cracking player in a few years.

Well done Barrow and really pleased for you especially as you dont use Dual Regs. Hopefully you push on from this. It is going to be a tough season for you especially when other clubs use SL players. But hopefully you will not just stay up but progress off the field as well and in the future be a much stronger club on and off the field.

I frelkin love RL fans... We're all brothers and sisters in arms together.

Lets hope the missing fans return for next Sundays big derby match ! I cannot wait ! What a turnaround !

Great minds think alike keith all the players can have the man of the match if they play the same way as they did in the second half

Lets hope the missing fans return for next Sundays big derby match ! I cannot wait ! What a turnaround !

Yes the missing 3 or 4 hundred missing fans from last season missed a cracking 2nd half come back today, we really need these fans to come back and get behind the team starting from next week against Haven.

Well done barrow looked at half time and thort use were in for another tonking lol but well done any way shocking result for us (TOWN)

Well done Raiders 30 second half unanswered points, top result for you, hope your season kicks off now except when you play us again !!!!

Well done barra, what a result that is. I would love to know what holty said to them at half time.

I came out of the ground buzzing,well done on a fantasic second half performance BRLFC.

Let's kick on now!

Well done Barrow you deserved it. I was one of the travelling Dewsbury fans and it was a pleasure to meet you all. We were made welcome throughout our stay, especially in the "Raiders bar", much to your credit. That's what RL is all about, a cracking game, deserved winners and new friends.

Well done.

Charlie.

Well done Barrow you deserved it. I was one of the travelling Dewsbury fans and it was a pleasure to meet you all. We were made welcome throughout our stay, especially in the "Raiders bar", much to your credit. That's what RL is all about, a cracking game, deserved winners and new friends.

Well done.

Charlie.

Nice one Charlie.

This is what makes RL such a great game.

Good luck for the rest of the season !

RP.

Yes the missing 3 or 4 hundred missing fans from last season missed a cracking 2nd half come back today, we really need these fans to come back and get behind the team starting from next week against Haven.

There is no doubt that the home games need to be supported by at least 1200 each game. The gates have been poor so far this year and therfore the average number per home game needs to be even higher to make up for the atendances so far. Sundays game should be a cracker and well suported from both sides so drag your freinds and relatives along.

I was gutted to miss yesterday's game but when your close to moving house money will only go so far so at the moment we are having to miss certain games, not ideal but its just the way things are at the moment, we'll be there this Sunday though, can't wait!