Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce

Challenge Cup draw?

67 posts in this topic

Can NCL teams get drawn against the new semi-pro teams, hemel, Oxford or Gloucester?, Id anticipate some of the amature teams winning through to the next round if drawn against any of these teams,

Can NCL teams get drawn against the new semi-pro teams, hemel, Oxford or Gloucester?, Id anticipate some of the amature teams winning through to the next round if drawn against any of these teams,

Yep, it's a random draw. Ive no doubt we'll lose a couple of the new teams if they run into a half-decent Conference team.

It will be on twitter as it happens

What twitter page?

@RFL for one, and no doubt RT'd by loads, and #rugbyleague

Story in brief:

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup third round draw has been made. The 18 ties will be played over the weekend of April 6 and 7.

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup third round draw has been made. The 18 ties will be played over the weekend of April 6 and 7.

Featherstone Rovers v Thatto Heath Crusaders

Blackbrook v York City Knights

West Hull v North Wales Crusaders

Dewsbury Rams v Myton Warriors

Sheffield Eagles v Leigh East

South Wales Scorpions v Doncaster RLFC

Workington Town v AS Carcassonne

Halifax RLFC v Oxford

Batley Bulldogs v Gateshead Thunder

Skirlaugh v University of Gloucestershire All Golds

Ince Rose Bridge v Hemel Stags

Swinton Lions v Toulouse Olympique

Siddal v Keighley Cougars

Rochdale Hornets v Hunslet Old Boys

Leigh Centurions v East Leeds

Whitehaven RLFC v London Skolars

Hunslet Hawks v Oldham RLFC

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Miners Rangers

good luck to all amatuer sides its wot we all want think there could be a couple of upsets ince rose been one

I am a massive fan of amateur Rugby League, but I also follow North Wales Crusaders. I know its early days but can anybody from West Hull tell me what your plans are for staging our Challenge cup tie? Also, if you go onto the Crusaders til I die forum you will see that I have listed your complete NCL record, your record scores for and against and your complete record against professional opposition. You might be interested. Google Crusaders til I die.

Wests sometimes use the Ferens Ground where Hull Rugby Union play from, dont confuse that with Brantingham Park where Hull Ionions play but that may also be an option

I can't see Blackbrook being allowed to play at Boardmans lane. I am friends with their secretary - Dave Hunt on facebook. I will ask him?

Heard a rumour St. Helens want £3000 for the tie to play played at langtree park! Not sure if there is any truth in that but seems a bit steep! Should let them play for nothing as it is a one off game!

I'd suggest that the figure quoted is exactly a rumour. Saints hosted the St.Helens Cup final last September and didn't charge anything other than covering the costs of staging the event as far as i'm aware, struggle to see why they would change that stance for this game.

Oldham switched their Chall Cup tie to Langtree last season and cited "we are not allowed to play at Oldham" as the reason ......... if you have ever been to The Whitebank Stadium :rolleyes: you would understand this however .........