Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce

Challenge Cup draw?

67 posts in this topic

I'd suggest that the figure quoted is exactly a rumour. Saints hosted the St.Helens Cup final last September and didn't charge anything other than covering the costs of staging the event as far as i'm aware, struggle to see why they would change that stance for this game.

I must admit I though the figure seemed a bit steep and unfair, but with the current climate as it is, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a few quid for the use. I know Liverpool U'21s play there and I'm dam sure it won't be for nothing. Good luck to black brook either way, I'm sure they will do the amature game proud and give them a tough game.

Does anybody know when & where Ince Rose Bridge will be playing Hemel on 6th/7th April?

Rose Bridge are still trying to get full agreement on the date and venue. I will post as soon as everything is okayed.

Rose Bridge are still trying to get full agreement on the date and venue. I will post as soon as everything is okayed.

Thanks.

INCE ROSE BRIDGE V HEMEL STAGS

This game will take place on Sunday 7th April kick off 2.30 pm

Venue

Wigan Rugby Union Club

Douglas Valley

Leyland Mill Lane

Wigan

WN1 2SJ

May I put on record our thanks to Wgan R.U.F.C and Kris Radlinski of Wigan Warriors for there help along the way.

INCE ROSE BRIDGE V HEMEL STAGS

This game will take place on Sunday 7th April kick off 2.30 pm

Venue

Wigan Rugby Union Club

Douglas Valley

Leyland Mill Lane

Wigan

WN1 2SJ

May I put on record our thanks to Wgan R.U.F.C and Kris Radlinski of Wigan Warriors for there help along the way.

Great, thanks.

Have all the grounds been decided on to play the Challenge Cup games, noticed a few amateur clubs drawn at home?

Why not play at home? Is there a reason why Ince have given up home advantage at Pinfold St? I'm sure Ince could have catered for whoever turn up?

From what I have been told grounds have to pass RFL inspection and have to have a stand/seating area. I think

Is Pinfold St as good as Esher Rugger club's ground?

Why not play at home? Is there a reason why Ince have given up home advantage at Pinfold St? I'm sure Ince could have catered for whoever turn up?

Pinfold St does not meet the RFL criteria, but it is frustrating trying to overcome all the hurdles along the way to stage this game in Wigan.

Thanks for the reply, I can imagine, I've never been to the RU ground, was Orrell not an option where Wigan academy play?

Thanks for the reply, I can imagine, I've never been to the RU ground, was Orrell not an option where Wigan academy play?

That option was discussed and Wigan Warriors were very helpful and accomodating. Unfortunately due to other fixtures and other commitments Sunday was considered the best option and Orrell cannot be used due to the Warriors fixture.

Have all the grounds been decided on to play the Challenge Cup games, noticed a few amateur clubs drawn at home?

Apparently West Hull have conceded home advantage because they can't get a suitable venue in Hull, but Crusaders can't have The Raceourse ground as Wrexham FC are at home. It could be played at Collwyn Bay or even as a warm up match to Widnes .v. Salford at Widnes.

The Crusaders game is taking place at Wilderspool on Saturday 2.30pm. That rules me out. Eccles .v. Hunslet Warriors at same time.

West Hull unfortunately talked to the wrong person at the YPI ground who told them it was unavailable to them for the weekend without the authority to do so by the time they got to talk to the right person it was too late the decision had already been made to take the fixture elsewhere. So looking forward to meeting your players and having some good banter with the fans.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the YPI ground? Are you involved with West Hull Rammo? I won't be there but you will find our fans are a real friendly crowd. Very vocal but up for a laugh and they appreciate good RL from the opposition. The players are a good bunch too. Half of them came from the amateur ranks and they are very closeknit, like an amateur club, and they always have time for the fans.

I'm Hearing West Hull will play the Tie at YPI in Hull or they will refuse to play at all , Why should they give up home draw ??

You got a source on that or is it just speculation? That would result in the club not being paid the money the are owed for reaching this stage of the comp, getting banned from it for at least 2 years and making a holy show of the NCL and as a result damaging the chances of future amateur participation which I believe is up for review in the near future.

Thanks for the info deluded pom the latest info at the minute is the RL have said no to West Hull playing at YPI and keeping the game at wilderspool see what happens next

Thanks for the info deluded pom the latest info at the minute is the RL have said no to West Hull playing at YPI and keeping the game at wilderspool see what happens next

The RFL Challenge Cup Official website gives all the kick off and stadia details for this weekend.

The YPI facility seems acceptable to the RFL as Skirlaugh host the All Golds there on sunday.

Has it been a case of West Hull being beaten to the ground by their Humberside colleagues , or did they abandon home advantage only to want to rethink their position after other arrangements have been put in hand?

Most of the other amateur clubs seem to have got sorted in good time - Rose Bridge will for instance play at Wigan RUFC courtesy of some help by Rads from the Warriors.........

Methinks Statman makes some valid points.......