Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs14th March.7.30pm K.O.

Match Prediction   34 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

Awful. Simply awful.

Ref, us, pitch, the sudden change of venue. Awful.

We were poor but we were still in with a shout of winning the game. We missed Briggs big time and bussey going off injured didn't help either. It was just one of those games we can't play top class rugby week in week out. We will be in both finals when it matters I'm sure of that just hope we lift the trophy's this time.

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

From a neutral perspective it was great, tight rugby played between two well matched teams which could have gone either way. The referee was just a referee, not perfect but did not alter the result. Not a great result for Featherstone but great for the competition.

Got to agree. The ref was shocking especially in the build up to their try just before half time. However the ref did not make as many mistakes as we did with the ball in our hands.

The only excuse I have for tonights defeat is too many mistakes, simple as that.

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

I agree and I can understand DP trying new options but not in games like this like you say I think DP dropped a clanger tonight with his team selection but to be fair I didn't notice kain was on the field until he knocked on near the end of the game.

Got to agree. The ref was shocking especially in the build up to their try just before half time. However the ref did not make as many mistakes as we did with the ball in our hands.

The only excuse I have for tonights defeat is too many mistakes, simple as that.

Spot on Ian but we missed Briggs tonight big time and bussey getting injured didn't help either. But why bussey as to play week in week out I will never know he as to be one of the most over rated players I've seen in a Fev shirt. He isn't good enough to get in our team yet especially at stand off. DPs tactics were all wrong tonight IMO and that cost us the game I reckon.Ive said it for two seasons now I think DP as took us as far as he can and when it comes to the crunch he hasn't got the tactical brain. Hope he proves me wrong come the end of the season when it matters.Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not calling for his head etc as he's done/doing a fantastic job for us I just think when it becomes a tactical game he gets out thought especially by Aston who as had his number for quite a while now.

Spot on Ian but we missed Briggs tonight big time and bussey getting injured didn't help either. But why bussey as to play week in week out I will never know he as to be one of the most over rated players I've seen in a Fev shirt. He isn't good enough to get in our team yet especially at stand off. DPs tactics were all wrong tonight IMO and that cost us the game I reckon.Ive said it for two seasons now I think DP as took us as far as he can and when it comes to the crunch he hasn't got the tactical brain. Hope he proves me wrong come the end of the season when it matters.Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not calling for his head etc as he's done/doing a fantastic job for us I just think when it becomes a tactical game he gets out thought especially by Aston who as had his number for quite a while now.

sack the coach

Whoops!

whooops indeed!

If fax n batley win sunday 4 teams seperated by 1 point. Interesting.

Ps we can't beat em either!

I am one of Fevs worse critics !! But to Fev were killed tonight by the Ref !!! Not one grapple tackle pulled up or offside against Eagles !!! Saying we were poor with ball in hand is fair enough but anyone with half a brain or has played the game knows skils levels drop when a team is tired and with the penalty count against Fev in the second half the Ref was by far a greater influence on the game than any player on the pitch !!!

I am one of Fevs worse critics !! But to Fev were killed tonight by the Ref !!! Not one grapple tackle pulled up or offside against Eagles !!! Saying we were poor with ball in hand is fair enough but anyone with half a brain or has played the game knows skils levels drop when a team is tired and with the penalty count against Fev in the second half the Ref was by far a greater influence on the game than any player on the pitch !!!

Nonsense, and you might be one of Fev's worst critics but you are clearly a Fev supporter. Tonight the best team won, and the referee did not change that!

Nonsense, and you might be one of Fev's worst critics but you are clearly a Fev supporter. Tonight the best team won, and the referee did not change that!

As another neutral I agree. I thought the ref could have pulled BOTH teams up more for offside and there was as many grapple tackles by Fev players as there was by Eagles. I think one area you lost it was not having a big man in front of Yere who at one point just bundled Lamont Bryan out of the way so how a much smaller player was expected to stop him was silly.

He penalised us out of sight.

Could you please tell me the penalty count ?? or explain how it is not possible to be offside for a full 80 mins ?? Oh and if you did watch the game look in the second half at how many times Sheff used the grapple tackle with their arms clearly around a Fev players neck without being penalised!!!

Darryl Powell was just a touch sarcastic when saying Sheff are by far the most discaplined team in the world !!!! Do you not think ???

Kieth it would have been nice to get 1 penalty for offside !!!! What do you think the penalty count was ?? Biggest factor in game was when he gave knock on against Fev when their player clearly kicked ball out of players hand 30 mins first half !!! Changed game on its head

You have answered your own question it is impossible not to be offside at least once !!! And not to know penalty count and claim ref did not influence game is embarrassing !!!

You have answered your own question it is impossible not to be offside at least once !!! And not to know penalty count and claim ref did not influence game is embarrassing !!!

How embarrassing you mistook my answer to the wrong question. The difference is, you are clearly biased and I am not. Sheffield were the better team, they really were in my opinion. Whether you accept that or not I couldn't care less.

So you believe Powell actually believes Sheff are more discaplined than any super league or NRL team then !!!! I did mistake your answer as i did not think a adult could possibley think Powell was being serious !!! Enjoy the season ahead anyway you are entitled to your opinion !!!

Thank you, I will. I appreciate your response. And of course you most certainly are entitled to yours, It's what makes sport so exciting.

Well I think you are spot on. I thought it was a great game to watch and on balance Sheffield deserved the win.

I thought the ref made the odd bad call for both sides.

So you believe Powell actually believes Sheff are more discaplined than any super league or NRL team then !!!!

No he was so obviously being sarcastic but he was also the losing coach who had seen his team doing some poor things tonight.

Well I think you are spot on. I thought it was a great game to watch and on balance Sheffield deserved the win.

I thought the ref made the odd bad call for both sides.

can't argue with that frank, sheffield have a varied and inventive kicking game that we just can't handle. the effort by our forwards tonight was tremendous but we were outthought in all departments really. credit where it's due, we were'nt bad but sheffield were better.

Best team won on the night. Can't blame the ref what so ever IMO. Why play bussey at stand off in a big game and have kainy sat on the bench? ( ok its not a win or bust game but its was a big game) Get hardman back to full back as he's the best full back in the league get briggsy constantly at stand off when fit and get heppy back at loose forward and get smeaton back in the backs when fit.then IMO we would be unbeatable. Long way to go and I understand DP tinkering with the squad but not in games as big as this one. Just my opinion though.

Ref was poor tonight but we lost and the best team won Sheffield in my opinion are the front runners this year and will probably get to at least one final if not them both

We missed Briggs tonight and having our stand off on the bench against a team like that is criminal IMO hope Smeaton is back soon and we can get Hardman back where he belongs before we play one of the top teams again Roll on next week

Sorry Gaz but that's cobblers. Bussey is a good player - with a lot more to come IMO. People can't say that that the ref didn't influence the game. It's not necessarily the decisions he makes, it's the ones he doesn't give that make all the difference. Sheffield were allowed to stand offside on a regular basis but I don't believe they were penalised once; we on the other hand were. As long as a team is allowed to be offside they inhibit the other team's ability to attack. Yes we made one or two bad mistakes bur we pretty well matched them and, often were the better team. You can't legislate for a player slipping or a ref who ignores what's going on. But for this we'd have won.