Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fozzie

YORK V FEATHERSTONE 1 o'clock kick off

20 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on this games kick off time, as things have changed over the years people working e.t.c is a 1 o'clock to early ? I was thinking more of a 6 o'clock kick off which gives people time to get to the match home or away fans. Just hope an early kick off doesn't jeopardise what could be a decent size crowd .People's thoughts.

Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on this games kick off time, as things have changed over the years people working e.t.c is a 1 o'clock to early ? I was thinking more of a 6 o'clock kick off which gives people time to get to the match home or away fans. Just hope an early kick off doesn't jeopardise what could be a decent size crowd .People's thoughts.

I think an 8 o'clock kick off for this would be great, or even just play in the Thursday or summat.

although it doesn't affect me, i think it's the worst possible time. too early to do anything in the morning and to late to do out by the time it's finnished

Good Friday though, so hopefully most folk will be off anyway!

As it happens I'm a fan of the 2pm kick-off for regular Sundays like Batley have, I still felt like I had most of my evening by the time I got home!

Not too bothered tbh only thing I suppose is if you make it a later kick-off on a Good Friday then maybe too many will have been on the sauce all day !

Difficult one, whatever time, there is always, going to be moans and groans on Good Friday

As it happens I'm a fan of the 2pm kick-off for regular Sundays like Batley have, I still felt like I had most of my evening by the time I got home!

gav, most people now work Good Friday and have Tuesday off, ala portakabin and company's in west yorks.

Think a 7pm kick off would be better for most.

Me too Gav. My mate and me both commented on the drive back from Batley how much better it was to get back home and still have the whole evening ahead of you.

Had to take a day off work Thanks RFL or York whoever is responsible!

Your boss?

No-one is making you go.

Well I work in West Yorks & I ain't at work on Good Friday so happy days !!!!

I'm at a wedding so I can't go at all. Wish all I had to do was take a day off work. :(

I'm at a wedding so I can't go at all. Wish all I had to do was take a day off work. :(

No ones making you go!!!!

Making me go too. I likes my York v Fevs more than I likes the bride but family rules is rules. It'll be Andy Acko in us ear as they say their vows - just hope York get the winner as the Reg asks if anyone has any reason why... There'll be four of us going nuts!

Me & better half working till 12.30 Good Friday - good job we work next door - so get

changed at work, dash round for a quick beer before kick off, 1 beer after the game

then 3.30 off to Keswick for loads of walking & the Barrow game.

Not bothered what time the K.O. is, just hope it's a bit warmer.

doesnt suit us folks (fev)..could be potentially yorks biggest crowd of the season but thats one hell of an awkward time what are they thinking?...its sure blown our plans of 2 coachloads of fev fans boozy lunchtime in york city before the game :huh: and there's nothing around the stadium !...if anywhere (body) fancies taking us on pop onto fev forum and let me know! ;)