Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM THE LION

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

TIM THE LION    18

Anyone any ideas as we need to put it to bed and start concentrating on winning games. We don't half like dragging our feet at this club.

LOYALION    57

As much as I love him I don't think Watto at this moment. I would prefer a nailed on coach with modern tactics and a big personality who can not only do a job on the field but also influence the council to show our ambition off it too!

TIM THE LION    18

I too don't think Watto at this crucial moment even though he has galvanised the side well in the interim I am also of the opinion that we need a proven coach at what will be a very important time for us. We will need Watto to be able to take more of a back seat with not as much off field responsibility as a head coach would have to ensure we can move onwards and upwards. P.S I'm hoping for Paul Cullen.:)

LOYALION    57

Watto seems to be rejuvenated this season and I would like him to see it out on the field. He's Blue, through and through and would be an excellent choice for the future, learning all he can whilst staying with us if possible.

Paul Cullen? He has a wealth of experience and close links to Warrington so he would be instantly called "Tony Smith's puppet" so I'm not too sure about him + he seems to have a language all of his own on TV. He is no doubt full of fight, as I once witnessed when he and Ellery Hanley were sent off and continued their exchange of gifts in the tunnel!

Brian Noble? Must have other means of financial support inc TV punditry so he may take the job on a part time basis similar to Steve Mc but would he want to bother? Les pressure than the Salford job!

Bobby Goulding? I listened to his interview on Talk Sport and he definitely believes in himself even after his own issues hopefully have been resolved.

I am on the edge of my seat..........I hope I don't fall off!

Blue Monkey    86

My vote would go to Ian Watson. He fully deserves to be given his baptism in the coach's role for the Lions.

LOYALION    57

My vote would go to Ian Watson. He fully deserves to be given his baptism in the coach's role for the Lions.

You just secretly hope its an Australian coach Keith!

duffymoon    18

Not trying to make mischief but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from Warrington .Swinton seem to have embraced the dual registration more than any other club so it would be a logical step.

Bleep1673    149

Anyone any ideas as we need to put it to bed and start concentrating on winning games. We don't half like dragging our feet at this club.

Just after the new stadium opens

Bryce    31

Not trying to make mischief but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from Warrington .Swinton seem to have embraced the dual registration more than any other club so it would be a logical step.

I agree, I don't think it'll be someone from Warrington. Watto/Marlon would be my shout.

Barnie    8

Seeing Tim Street yesterday in Swinton convinced me it must be him. why else would he be walking past Wilkinsons smiling. unless Marshy has bagged himself a new customer. ;-)

Furryenzo    5

I agree with whats been said about Watto, id love to see him manage Swinton in the future, but I think definitely for this season we need him fully focused on the field. Who do I think it will be? Richard Marshall. Who do I want it to be? Cullen/Goulding.

No disrespect to Marshall, as he had a good couple of seasons with us and no doubt has all his coaching badges, but I dont think he would bring anything to the side that Watto/Marlon can't. I think we need an established personality for us to improve on what we have already.

I agree Dave I think a link with Warrington would be a logical step. I think Watto would be a good one for the heart and the fans would react well but I think he should concentrate playing on the pitch this season. I think he would certainly get a chance in the near future if he gained even more experience in the assistant role.

The problem I can see with the logical step is that it would add fuel to the fire of some of the people on this forum and I would have to avoid reading a number of posts from the anti-"use the rules to your advantage" moralist faction!!!.....then again when did the logical decision ever make people popular! I don't want our Board of Directors to be popular, just backing a winning team.