Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM THE LION

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

109 posts in this topic

Anyhow it looks like the final decision has yet to be made reading the latest statement from the club updating us on the coaching position.

So it's win at all costs for you then Paul?

Definitely not, but winning is one of the main priorities isn't it? That's what professional sport is about and I expect the Board to have a great say in that. If you are a winning club and can combine that with attracting bigger crowds that will allow you to develop the game in the local area and bring on local players etc then wouldn't that be fantastic!

I think we've all probably established the ideal scenario is a squad of home grown Swinton players coached by a local hero, playing at a ground in M27 with crowds of 10,000+, playing exciting, flowing rugby with coaching staff going into local schools to help develop and spot talent to play for Swinton Lions. So much so that every fan is so happy that they all agree on everything that the club, coaches and players do.....

but we all know that that's not going to all happen (not soon anyway) so we just have to hope we can get there bit by bit. A winning team is one of the many pieces of the great jelly jigsaw of rugby league. :rolleyes:

Anyhow it looks like the final decision has yet to be made reading the latest statement from the club updating us on the coaching position.

Perhaps PhillH's application has only just been spotted at the bottom of the post sack! :D

I hope for Paul Cullen, that would be a good signing for me.

I really hope its not a up and coming academy coach from warrington who no one as heard of.

Great interview with Bobbie Goulding on Radio Manchester,Interesting to hear his views on dual registration and the damage it's doing to our game.Some very forthright opinions as well as his thoughts on why Steve McCormack left us.I think the interview is available as a podcast on the Radio Manchester website from 10pm,well worth a listen.

Great interview with Bobbie Goulding on Radio Manchester,Interesting to hear his views on dual registration and the damage it's doing to our game.Some very forthright opinions as well as his thoughts on why Steve McCormack left us.I think the interview is available as a podcast on the Radio Manchester website from 10pm,well worth a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015lw3r

I have just listned to radio Manchester ( thank you Phil for your guest appearance in posting the link) I have to say I felt that whilst you have to admire the fact that Goulding is still here and with luck has his life back on track, that was an hour of him advertising himself for a job.

I still wouldn't take a risk on him since sadly alcoholics remain just that and are prone to slipping back off the straight and narrow, Paul Gasgoine the classic example along with a few more.

He is entitled to his opinion on DR and that will be down to the RL to decide what they do for next season..the lack of any ammendments so far suggest they are happy with the situation.

Good luck to Bobby Goulding and from what it seems his heart is set on the Salford job so lets hope he gets his wish to coach them.

I think his heart is set on a job within Rugby League full stop Al.The RFL have stated that they will review the situation at the end of the season which isn't the same as saying they are happy with it.They are a laughing stock as it is,to implement further legislation at this stage would only damage the credibility of the game even further.

Well iv just listened to the Bobby Goulding advertising hour! Firstly well done to him for getting his life back on track off the field but hes got to slow down a touch, he openly says hes the best man for the Salford job (or any other job) which right now he clearly isn't.

As for his view on SM reasons for leaving us, he should not be saying it on radio, SM as stated his reasons and thats that. But if he did quit because of the DR system then I think he should come out and say so, its not a dig at swimton but it would show the rfl that respected coach doesn't think it works.

Ps... WHOS OUR NEW COACH!!

Wayne

Oh my god COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!

WHO IS IT FFS.

No white smoke from the chimney yet ?

Can't believe I've been looking regularly all day and nothing!

I bet it'll be Monday now...... But which Monday? Who knows...?

Fed up.com

Same here, battery going now so they are bound to announce it! Lol

Was talking to a 'little bird' this afternoon who said the new coach is to be Gary Chambers, a member of Warrington's 'performance team'.

The office is empty. cannot be today. might get a pitch side announcement on Sunday.

Was talking to a 'little bird' this afternoon who said the new coach is to be Gary Chambers, a member of Warrington's 'performance team'.

Knock, knock, anybody home? the new coach will be Gary Chambers, repeat, Gary Chambers.

Does anybody know anything about him?

Before anyone starts jumping for joy or in anger we would need to know how you know this Keith?

I think its the worst kept secret in RL to be honest. I'll give the guy a chance. lets face it its an improvement on some of our previous coaches lol

Knock, knock, anybody home? the new coach will be Gary Chambers, repeat, Gary Chambers.

Does anybody know anything about him?

Former Warrington player, was a prop forward. Cumbrian born.

Had a stint coaching the Cumbrian county side.

Been Under 18s coach at Warrington for quite a while.

I think its the worst kept secret in RL to be honest. I'll give the guy a chance. lets face it its an improvement on some of our previous coaches lol

....and he will know the younger players in our squad very well. How do you know this Barney?

I have to say that if it is him I'm not impressed.

However I'll still be there on Sunday and will relish him taking the opportunity to prove me wrong.

To be fair I have heard the same rumour a couple of days ago. There is to much smoke about this appointment. If it is true this warrington link up is a joke, the quality of people who have applied for the job and he as got it.

Give it Watson he has said in the advertiser he wants the job and we give it him (a under 18's coach ) what an embarrasment we are has a club, to me this shows Johns amibtion as a chairman, I will be attending sunday for the last time to personally give him my season ticket and shove it up his wire ######.

Sorry folks 25 years and it is the end for me, I can not take any of this ###### anymore. The club is a total joke.