Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Two tier SL on the way

724 posts in this topic

i believe a 2x10 setup will increase intensity...especially in the top tier

how?

I thought it was to get Leigh in? Fev are already shoe-ins aren't they?!

dunno mate.

I've edited the post you quoted by the way.

it's main achievement would beto get Featherstone into Super League: which is what this is all about.

and bring back a version of the long craved for auto prom and reg. Still nobody has said asnything about the clubs outside the twenty. I find this odd since the same people who have been bleating about the injustice, immorality, and unfairness of 'pulling the drawbridge up', 'leaving club to rot' blah de blah.

I don't believe in auto prom and reg to and from SL. It's a separate comp to he championship, and clubs should be admitted or chucked out according to a strategy of developing the game. But if people are goiung to go on about the justice, morality and fairness of the current system ten the same so called principles should apply to the new asyastem that the same people are championing. I've asked about this on here sveral times and had no reply.

It's something I've said in the past. Those complaining about no P&R between SL and the Championship never used to feel so strongly about P&R between the Championship and the Conference. And with KPC1 (that's Kingston Press Championship One in case anyone was wondering!) being considerably weaker it's ironic that there are now talks of licensing the KPC so teams don't get relegated to "the league of death".

Personally if there are standards in place, I'd be happy to see P&R between SL1-SL2-KPC1-KPC2-NCLP-NCL1-NCL2...

The seasons are all aligned now. Could be doable. If there are teams in the NCL that want to get into the Championship, it provides a reasonable pathway.

Personally if there are standards in place, I'd be happy to see P&R between SL1-SL2-KPC1-KPC2-NCLP-NCL1-NCL2...

The seasons are all aligned now. Could be doable. If there are teams in the NCL that want to get into the Championship, it provides a reasonable pathway.

I totally agree. We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

I totally agree. We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

I agree.

But then how will this aid with expansion in France? French clubs can't be expected to get into SL through this system.

We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

I'd agree as well. How much real movement we'd end up with is another issue. Only rich chairmen coming in, or leaving, seem able to change the status quo........

I'd agree as well. How much real movement we'd end up with is another issue. Only rich chairmen coming in, or leaving, seem able to change the status quo........

Nothing wrong with that. Clubs need investment to progress.

I thought it was to get Leigh in? Fev are already shoe-ins aren't they?!

leigh are dead now.

Best thing to do now would be to promote Fev,Fax and Sheffield to sl and then CLEARLY state only clubs from expansion or development areas will be allowed in.

All other clubs will be used to devolop sl players and give established sl players game time to get match fit

lower league clubs will only get rich chairmen if theres a prospect their club can climb the leagues...

take oldham....one of the biggest clubs in the league for the first 50 years of the sport...there or there abouts for the next 50 years.....now we are'nt even the biggest RL club in oldham....:lol:

leigh are dead now.

Best thing to do now would be to promote Fev,Fax and Sheffield to sl and then CLEARLY state only clubs from expansion or development areas will be allowed in.

All other clubs will be used to devolop sl players and give established sl players game time to get match fit

You'd better check whether Halifax or Sheffield have a pulse still.

This destination Superleague one minute, and cap in hand to the local SL club the other may be catching......

I'm still not seeing Partnership clubs at the top of the table.

You'd better check whether Halifax or Sheffield have a pulse still.

This destination Superleague one minute, and cap in hand to the local SL club the other may be catching......

Ive heard nothing of Fax or Sheffield begging off other clubs so until i do i'll continue to believe they have ambition

Ive heard nothing of Fax or Sheffield begging off other clubs so until i do i'll continue to believe they have ambition

Hemel and Gloucester have ambition.

Ambition is not an SL criteria.

The main ones include a £4,000,000 turnover, a professional standard Rugby League team and a junior set up producing pro players plus at least 2,500 average crowds in the CC.

What we see with Featherstone and Leigh is both displayed all the hot air about Superleague, but both took entirely seperate paths in the end.

What can you see at halifax and Sheffield beyond hot air?

Lower league clubs will only get rich chairmen if theres a prospect their club can climb the leagues...

Best tell Steve O'Connor and Mark Chapman that then.

Your correct about prospects though what prospect do most Championship clubs have of finding business investment sat next door to SL clubs?

That more than anything is the problem IMHO.

Best tell Steve O'Connor and Mark Chapman that then.

Your correct about prospects though what prospect do most Championship clubs have of finding business investment sat next door to SL clubs?

That more than anything is the problem IMHO.

i can't remember but had widnes already qualified for the SL application process when o'conner took charge??

i can't remember but had widnes already qualified for the SL application process when o'conner took charge??

The Widnes mob will know far more than me but Widnes went bust before the 2009 licensing round and O'Connor stepped in and re-built the club to the point where he could apply for a license. They were wrongly IMHO turned down, with O'Connor offering a £500K bond to show he was serious about Superleague. He then duly got Widnes qualified for 2012 and got in.

The same intention is happening for Featherstone so there's been a path to Superleague, although it has needed money men to deliver. HKR were the last club promoted. They stayed up with Hudgell's money, and they'd have gone up with licensing anyway.

The businessmen running these clubs have all decided to have a go at SL. Hudgell has found the going too tough in the end, O'Connor is still in there but disappointed with the fans response I believe, Mr Nahaboo is optimistic.

If a club doesn't have a big fanbase it needs big private investment. For me big private investors want to be in the Elite division, why would they pay millions out to be in a second tier. The idea that they may just appear is OK but I do believe they will do their sums first and may back off.

How much do you think it would cost someone to bankroll Oldham all the way back to being sustainable in the top division?

Hemel and Gloucester have ambition.

Ambition is not an SL criteria.

The main ones include a £4,000,000 turnover, a professional standard Rugby League team and a junior set up producing pro players plus at least 2,500 average crowds in the CC.

What we see with Featherstone and Leigh is both displayed all the hot air about Superleague, but both took entirely seperate paths in the end.

What can you see at halifax and Sheffield beyond hot air?

No one has said they haven't.

Does that mean current sl clubs dont need ambition?

You dont need a £4 million turn over in the championship to qualify.Its not possible to put a sl standard team together in the championship and both have junior set ups

If you think fev are full of hot air then fair enough.

As things stand i see two clubs that are struggling for attendances but tick all the other boxes needed

lower league clubs will only get rich chairmen if theres a prospect their club can climb the leagues...

take oldham....one of the biggest clubs in the league for the first 50 years of the sport...there or there abouts for the next 50 years.....now we are'nt even the biggest RL club in oldham.... :lol:

why do you think that came about?

leigh are dead now.

Can you help us all better in understanding this logic? It makes no sense to me!

You dont need a £4 million turn over in the championship to qualify.Its not possible to put a sl standard team together in the championship and both have junior set ups

If you think fev are full of hot air then fair enough.

As things stand i see two clubs that are struggling for attendances but tick all the other boxes needed

Sheffield don't tick the ground box do they? They don't tick the attendance box either, and SL entry is one thing but they'll be £3,000,000 p.a. plus short on income to be an SL club and SKY only provides £1.2M. How do they square that?

It's open to any Journo listening to Mr. Astons press releases over SL to ask that question. I'd suggest they are too nice to embarrass Mark.

As for Fev, they tick the boxes and should be in. Their own massive financial shortfall is to be sorted by large sums of money from Mr. Nahaboo, I hope that doesn't end up being hot air.

why do you think that came about?

well the fact we are'nt even the biggest club in oldham anymore is down to the fact that one man,chris hamilton,is trying to run the club on his own......and i mean on his own...

Sheffield don't tick the ground box do they? They don't tick the attendance box either, and SL entry is one thing but they'll be £3,000,000 p.a. plus short on income to be an SL club and SKY only provides £1.2M. How do they square that?

It's open to any Journo listening to Mr. Astons press releases over SL to ask that question. I'd suggest they are too nice to embarrass Mark.

As for Fev, they tick the boxes and should be in. Their own massive financial shortfall is to be sorted by large sums of money from Mr. Nahaboo, I hope that doesn't end up being hot air.

we have heard long and depressingly loudly from Featherstone Rovers fans how wrong the system is that brought Widnes to Super League, especially the years of grace from relegation that they have under the system. If Featherstone were to be admitted they would surely need the same(at the very least) state of of grace in order that they wouldn't immediately go down again, even with Nahaboo's input. I wonder whether the same objections will be made by these people?

well the fact we are'nt even the biggest club in oldham anymore is down to the fact that one man,chris hamilton,is trying to run the club on his own......and i mean on his own...

I know Hamilton. He's desperate for people to come on board.

BUt how did Oldham descend from what you quite accurately said they were into this state?