Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

town vs batley bulldogs predictions

68 posts in this topic

i think the boys are going to come out fired up with a point to prove on sunday. and with the possible return of matty and elliot we are more than capable of beating them up here. im going town 24 bulldogs 18

Another tough one. We need to perform for the full 80 minutes. If we do we can win and i would say 26-20. If we don't turn up or if we only turn up for 40 mins then i think it will be a batley win.

you should win this one lads if you perform like u did in the 2nd half against the raiders ;)

Not much difference between Batley and Sheffield and with Mattinson and Miller apparently back I think we can win...

Our defence has got to be better than it was on sunday though and we need to be smarter in the backs.

Town 26-22 Batley

We need to wait and see what the team is before making any rash predictions. It's all if's and but's and so many things to take in to account it makes it difficult to make any predictions. However, IF we put out the right team with the right attitude, tighten our defence and play 80 minutes like we played the first half against Sheffield and second half against Barrow then we will win by 6 or 7. Otherwise we could lose by quite a bit but I would hope we can pick up a bonus point at the very least.

No idea with town , we could pull something out or we could get touched up ... Team sheet and attitude big part to play . Definite reaction needed and more than anything a consistent 80 minute performance .

At least our home form is showing improvement so I expect another tight game. Can we win it ? Don't doubt it, we had Sheffield on the back foot but would depend on full 80 performance and what injuries we sustained at York. Will we win it? ... er... I'd be right chuffed if we did!

Batley seem to have struggled to perform to their full potential away from home so far this season - or perhaps that's just the opposition.

I'd like to think (with my Bulldog support's hat on) that this will be the week when the 'Dogs finally give their opponents a good hiding, but I doubt it somehow. 8-20 to Batley.

Batley seem to have struggled to perform to their full potential away from home so far this season - or perhaps that's just the opposition.

I'd like to think (with my Bulldog support's hat on) that this will be the week when the 'Dogs finally give their opponents a good hiding, but I doubt it somehow. 8-20 to Batley

i wouldn't rule out a batley win but a good hiding for town on derwent park i very much doubt mate and to limit us to 8pts at home is another doubt.

i wouldn't rule out a batley win but a good hiding for town on derwent park i very much doubt mate and to limit us to 8pts at home is another doubt.

I doubt you'll get a hiding, too!

That's why I went 8-20. Wet, cold conditions - lots of handling errors form both teams - and Batley currently with the meanest defence in the Championship.

As you imply, I'll probably be way off. I predicted beating Barrow by 20!

Unfortunately I have commitments in Yorkshire on Sunday, so won't be able to see for myself.

Wasn't that roughly the result when we beat you up at Derwent Park last year?

Last year the score on the board was relatively close but the difference on the pitch was huge ... Hopefully it's a lot closer Sunday . Should be , especially with a reaction to last week and us getting accustomed to this level . Last year was a one off from what we were used to.

Was genuinely asking. For what it's worth l think it will be close but we should be good enough to scrape a win. However we were poor at Doncaster and if we play like that we will struggle.

ive gone for 18-18, good look to yas...

No idea with town , we could pull something out or we could get touched up ... Team sheet and attitude big part to play . Definite reaction needed and more than anything a consistent 80 minute performance .

looks like Thackeray will be available - there's nothing on the RFL disciplinary panel for him tonight so unless he has entered an early plea ( which I don't think he can) he should be available for Sunday

Wasn't that roughly the result when we beat you up at Derwent Park last year?

stronger team this season. Should have beat sheffield at home and ran fax all the way.

stronger team this season. Should have beat sheffield at home and ran fax all the way.

So does that make Workington favourites?

looks like Thackeray will be available - there's nothing on the RFL disciplinary panel for him tonight so unless he has entered an early plea ( which I don't think he can) he should be available for Sunday

Championship players don't appear before them until the week following the matches, i.e. next Tuesday for matches played last Sunday. Only SL players appear two days after their matches.

We will see a very different town team performance on sunday than we saw at york i go for TOWN 24 BATLEY 16 UP THE TOWN.

Gareth Hock of Widnes got a 1 match ban for his abuse to the referee so by that Thacks should probably get the same!!!! Ermmmmm, I don't think I will put any money on that happening.

So does that make Workington favourites?

could go either way. I don't underestimate batley. If we perform we can win.

It'll be interesting to see the result of next weeks hearing. If the RFL are treating us all the same Thackray should be ok for the Haven game. He'll have to pull his socks up if he is though.