Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

Tetley’s Challenge Cup third round draw to be pooled

33 posts in this topic

Slightly contrived, but it reduces the chance of a weak team getting utterly splattered by Fev or Sheffield at least.

What does ? :mellow:

Its a joke that the French clubs must play away. They probably will never get the chance to play a SL team at home which is what the game over there needs

Villeneuve where I think the first French side to play in the Cup. In their first campaign got to the quarter finals before losing at Wilderspool. They played in total eight Challenge Cup ties away. I reckon they had a raw deal.

Pooling the draw.

Surely it increases the chances of the Championship clubs drawing amateur sides. Championship sides can't draw each other. Amateur sides can't draw each other. A minimum of seven ties will be between Championship sides and amateurs. The most likely number is nine.

The French sides have to be away as the RFL book flights for them in advance. After that it's pot luck I think. The pooling has happened since the 1993-94 season so I don't know why a lot of people are thinking it's new.

The French sides have to be away as the RFL book flights for them in advance. After that it's pot luck I think. The pooling has happened since the 1993-94 season so I don't know why a lot of people are thinking it's new.

It would be better if the French clubs came in a round after, or that we just had a completely open draw inc SL clubs

Surely it increases the chances of the Championship clubs drawing amateur sides. Championship sides can't draw each other. Amateur sides can't draw each other. A minimum of seven ties will be between Championship sides and amateurs. The most likely number is nine.

Probably the case that my understanding of the draw has been pretty poor. Letting myself down :)