Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

15/03/13 - St Helens v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 8pm

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

St Helens squad: Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Paul Aiton, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Kyle Trout, Vince Mellars, Reece Lyne, Matt Wildie, Danny Cowling, Bobbie Goulding, Chris Annakin.

Have to go with Saints, Wakefield are playing well without getting the results for one reason or another and i wouldn't be suprised to see them give Saints a good game, Saints were realy good against Wolves and if they keep that rolling will want some beating. go for Saints by 12.

Bearing in mind i am probably the worst tipster on the forum.

Saints by 40.. :( No Tim Smith, no raleigh, no Kirmond no Poore and no Lauititi !!!!!!

Worried this could be embarrassing..

Yep stick your money on Saints. Trinity's injury hit pack struggled with Salford at home. A weak pack with without Smith can only lead to a convincing St Helens win.

Trinitys pack decimated by injury, chance for promising youngsters to see what youthfull enthusiasm can achieve. Saints by 50.

Saints need to win this one for the simple reason that they need to get a win at home. There will be rebellion in the fans ranks if they don't win at home soon! But I for one won't be taking Wakey for granted regardless of who might be out injured. If young blokes get a chance as a result then (a) they tend to bring more enthusiasm than the oldies and ( b ) the opposition coach and players won't know what to expect so we could be taken by surprise.

It's always nice to rack up so many points, although Wakefield were always going to struggle given their injury crisis.

That's Lomax's second hat trick in four games since switching to fullback, can't ask for anymore than that.

Sounds like Trinity put up a good fight until the 50th minute before the lightweight pack began to take effect. Disappointed but not surprised with the final score.

Sounds like Trinity put up a good fight until the 50th minute before the lightweight pack began to take effect. Disappointed but not surprised with the final score.

I would agree with this. At one point they forced five consecutive goal line dropouts, which is just amazing (and then after we had defended each and every one of them, we let Wakey through for a relatively soft try on the next play, which was very frustrating from a Saints POV!).

Wakey were lively but should have scored from 35 play-the-balls on the trot.

Hey, we've been there when our key playmaker has been missing. If Tim Smith had been playing for them then I'm sure they would have scored at some point during that period. I don't think the final score did justice to Wakey. It flattered us somewhat. I think they just expired in the final quarter of the game.

good to see Alex Walmsley scored a try

All us Saints fans gave him a very big cheer when he did score. It was his first time as starting prop too so it was a memorable night for him.

Hey, we've been there when our key playmaker has been missing. If Tim Smith had been playing for them then I'm sure they would have scored at some point during that period. I don't think the final score did justice to Wakey. It flattered us somewhat. I think they just expired in the final quarter of the game.

I agree, the scoreline didn't do wakey justice.

Trinitys pack decimated by injury, chance for promising youngsters to see what youthfull enthusiasm can achieve. Saints by 50.

Not too far off the mark there!