Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

16/03/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

Murrpy is keeping him out, played well since he got in side.

I don't care, he needs to play and score me some tries! B)

Where the flip is Luke George? He's costing me points in my Dream Team. :angry:

Ah, now I understand why you are always the first to post the squads! ;-)

Ah, now I understand why you are always the first to post the squads! ;-)

:unsure: I don't intend to! They filter into my path and I look to see if anyone else has posted. Happy to carry the mantle though.

I'm predicting a Hull FC win.

Good grief, didn't expect you to make yourself look that daft.

It looks like Hull FC are relying on the big boys to wear down Hudds and control the game.

Should be a good game. Hull will be confident after their emphatic win in the playoffs last season. :)

Good grief, didn't expect you to make yourself look that daft.

Listen think I'll call a truce.

Hull at their best could definitely win this game. Hull can defend well and that's always a great start.

Huddersfield I think we all expected to dip slightly this season but they have done the opposite and all credit to them. They have been the stand out's so far, but even they had a bad day against Bradford....who themselves were beaten comfortably by Hull.

Huddersfield are top of the league and at home so they will be favourites but for me the teams are very evenly matched really, so it's about who is in the better mood on the day.

If I was a betting man, which I'm not I'd give this one a miss.

Hull will be confident after their emphatic win in the playoffs last season. :)

:D

Hull at their best could definitely win this game. Hull can defend well and that's always a great start.

Huddersfield I think we all expected to dip slightly this season but they have done the opposite and all credit to them. They have been the stand out's so far, but even they had a bad day against Bradford....who themselves were beaten comfortably by Hull.

Huddersfield are top of the league and at home so they will be favourites but for me the teams are very evenly matched really, so it's about who is in the better mood on the day.

Truce accepted. :)

Very good summing up, you should try this sort of stuff more often.

Huddersfield at their best can beat anyone, but thats the same for most teams in the Super League - but its also true that if one team isnt 100% then they'll get beaten - thats what happened to us against Bradford, we cant let it happen again at home

If you were a betting man it would be wise to avoid ante-post betting on Hull at the moment. We seem to be developing an unfortunate habit of losing key players after the squads have been named. I'm not convinced it won't happen again this week.

Rumours around Holdsworth's appearance or none appearance, last I heard he's playing.

And nobody seems sure of kick off time, most saying it's 17.30.

Very high quality game so far. Hull edging it on the outsides for me at the moment but its such a structured game! Not very typical of the SL. I can see Hull getting a bit of joy down their left and maybe winning by less than a score.

The linesman that looks like Barry Chuckle calls a forward pass - no try.

I don't believe that. That touch judge can see a forward pass from 60 m when the away side score but cant see two successive forward passes within 20 m when it's the home side scoring.

Don't mind being wrong in games like that. I thought Hull lacked something in that 2nd half. There were a few times when they had a good outside option but the carrier held the ball instead of letting it go. Huddersfield do look very good so far though. The Wardle try was well worked and broke down a great Hull defence, which made it even better.

With a stable coach I think they could be tough to beat this year. I know in the past they collapse near the end, but they have better depth and some great players up front.

Every time i've seen Tom Briscoe play in the last 7 or 8 games he seems to be playing at about 70%.. never seems to return the ball at full tilt like he always used to, and is always flat in attack. Had he been stood deeper for the 'forward pass' it probably would have ended up a try.

Enjoyable game though. Hudds looking good, and finishing games very well. Improvement from Hull in general though.

Good effort there. Very few mistakes. Just couldn't break the line. We need a line breaking prop and a scrum half that can create more gaps if we want to win these tight games with consistency. We also need to play for 80 minutes, not 60!

We also need to play for 80 minutes, not 60!

This is a real problem with Hull isn't it? When exactly the 60 minute period is seems to vary with the team you are playing, but your blokes for whatever reason seem incapable of maintaining their best intensity for the full 80. It must be very frustrating for you Hull fans.

I thought you needed to do more of what your fullback was it tried to do with the chip over the top (as Stevo loves to say). If more of that kind of play can be slotted in then that would be enough to keep opposition players guessing.

From what I have seen, there isnt too much between the majority of the league this year. The telling factor has been fitness. The teams near the top dont clock off until the hooter. The teams around mid table start to lapse.

And FWIW I though his hands were moving backwards and his momentum carried the ball forward. A TJ the far side should never be allowed to call plays like that as referees are told to watch the hands, not the ball. How is it possible to see the movement of the hands from so far away?

Thought Danny Houghton was fantastic tonight, played the full 80 mins and made 65 tackles. Very impressive.

Still nowhere near the true man of the match in Danny Brough... :rolleyes:

Agree with Wellsy to a point, we have very little direction in the middle of the park.

But as for only playing for 60 mins, I thought the Hull players' heads only dropped after the touchie's distant intervention for Briscoe's disallowed try, difficult to blame them tbh.