Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pont rover

Challenge Cup 2013

14 posts in this topic

Rovers drawn at home to Thatto Heath to be played over the weekend of 6/7 April.

For anyone interested, full draw is:

Featherstone Rovers v Thatto Heath

Blackbrook v York City Knights

West Hull v North Wales Crusaders

Dewsbury Rams v Myton Warriors

Sheffield Eagles v Leigh East

South Wales Scorpions v Doncaster

Workington v Carcassonne

Halifax v Oxford

Batley Bulldogs v Gateshead

Skirlaugh v University of Gloucester All Golds

Ince Rose Bridge v Hemel Stags

Swinton v Toulouse

Siddal v Keighley

Rochdale v Hunslet Old Boys

Leigh Centurions v East Leeds

Whitehaven v London Skolars

Hunslet Hawks v Oldham

Barrow v Leigh Miners Rangers.

Rovers drawn at home to Thatto Heath to be played over the weekend of 6/7 April.

Hope all 34 players will have the stamina to play all weekend.

Hope all 34 players will have the stamina to play all weekend.

yeh, glad i aint commentating :D

It won't be the first time Rovers have played the St. Helens based amateurs..........

It won't be the first time Rovers have played the St. Helens based amateurs..........

We once played em in the Regal trophy, or John Player trophy, it was when Rovers were in the second division. Thatto Heath gave a good account of themselves. Only 2 or 3 tries in it in the end. It was around about my 21st birthday come to think of it. 23/10/87 give or take a couple of weeks. I also remember Bruno fighting Bugner at White Heart Lane round about thus period. I also think Lester Pigglet went to jail on my 21st.

We once played em in the Regal trophy, or John Player trophy, it was when Rovers were in the second division. Thatto Heath gave a good account of themselves. Only 2 or 3 tries in it in the end. It was around about my 21st birthday come to think of it. 23/10/87 give or take a couple of weeks. I also remember Bruno fighting Bugner at White Heart Lane round about thus period. I also think Lester Pigglet went to jail on my 21st.

Blinking 'eck! What colour kecks were you wearing? ;)

I remember a decent stand-off for them who must've been Frankie Barrow I guess. And we were very poor, Peter Fox just beginning to put together a side that would win promotion that season. 34-16 or some such.

is Andrew Vause the new Leslie welch

is Andrew Vause the new Leslie welch

She was lovely looking in the early 70s.

Seriously OR, I'm nowt special. As a kid my uncle taught me about 'Method of Loci'. Always think of a significant event , sound, smell, imagine yourself there and you'll remember a fact. I think the Thatto Heath game will be in a two week envelope around my 21st, I seem to remember it Just after the Bruno Bugner fight, which was a day after my 21st, which I remember was on a Friday and I also associate it with the incarceration of Lester P. That's my method of remembering events. Its limitation is that it only works in a person's lifetime as it relies on something that the person experiences at the time. Also it diminishes with age. In my early twenties my memory was red hot but not so much now.

She was lovely looking in the early 70s.

Seriously OR, I'm nowt special. As a kid my uncle taught me about 'Method of Loci'. Always think of a significant event , sound, smell, imagine yourself there and you'll remember a fact. I think the Thatto Heath game will be in a two week envelope around my 21st, I seem to remember it Just after the Bruno Bugner fight, which was a day after my 21st, which I remember was on a Friday and I also associate it with the incarceration of Lester P. That's my method of remembering events. Its limitation is that it only works in a person's lifetime as it relies on something that the person experiences at the time. Also it diminishes with age. In my early twenties my memory was red hot but not so much now.

when i was at secondary school i won 2 awards. one was for winning a memory competition, i just forget what the other was for. :rolleyes: