Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wellsy4HullFC

Sky 3D

28 posts in this topic

We also didn't have to put up with the innane ramblings of Eddie and Stevo. At least Barrie Mac is amusing.

I knew, if I hung around long enough, that I would finally agree with one of your posts. :)

I don't understand why they can't use the 3D cameras in the spots the HD cameras are in now, but just send out a 2D signal for normal Sky Sports?

Firstly, maybe there is not enough space in the traditional gantries?

Secondly, I think they need different angles to make the 3D 'work'. At the couple of games I have seen they have had three positions along the touchline instead of the 1 from a central gantry. Interestingly though they don't do this for football and I don't think football works for the main view. Where football does work though is the wide range of angles at things like corners, goal kicks, close ups of throw ins etc.

RL has gone with a different approach and seems to play on making the defensive line clear, and in the main it works.

I didn;t see the Leeds game, so I can't comment on the angles there but at Warrington and Wigan I thought it was good.

I knew, if I hung around long enough, that I would finally agree with one of your posts. :)

I'd really rather you didn't. Don't want to think I've come down to your level ;-)