Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wellsy4HullFC

Sky 3D

28 posts in this topic

Anyone else watching in 3D? I've just turned it off. The camera angles are absolutely appalling. It's pretty much ground level.

I thought the idea of watching on Sky was to be in the best seat in the house? Sky 3D apparently doesn't go by that motto.

Anyone else watching in 3D? I've just turned it off. The camera angles are absolutely appalling. It's pretty much ground level.

I thought the idea of watching on Sky was to be in the best seat in the house? Sky 3D apparently doesn't go by that motto.

get rid of it, just the same as HD, another way for sky to make money. nothing wrong with good old tv!!!!

get rid of it, just the same as HD, another way for sky to make money. nothing wrong with good old tv!!!!

Why not go a step further and just have radio - or carrier pidgeon? we have to move with the technology, though I agree that HD should now be free.

Joking aside, sky angles have alway been garbage. Too close up and too ground level especially when a player scores in the corner. I also despise watching goal kicks with the camera behind the postd

Why not go a step further and just have radio - or carrier pidgeon? we have to move with the technology, though I agree that HD should now be free.

Joking aside

Great joke :lol: :lol: :D:):mellow::huh: Its pigeon by the way! not pidgeon!

I also despise watching goal kicks with the camera behind the postd

close your eyes then!

cancelled 3d after a month or so as said poor camera angles,generally only 2 cameras at low level,tbh most sports are poor in 3d,sky tell you its free but you have to take the movies which we dont watch

Its something else to moan about I suppose.

It is pretty poor though, Gav.

They're trying to push this new technology as groundbreaking and the next step in viewing, yet they haven't pushed for more than a few cameras at the game in poor areas. If they'd have done the same for HD, I doubt anyone would switch from standard def.

I like 3D. But better views are more important and it's not going to get off the ground if it continues the way it is.

Can't agree there. The difference between "good old tv" and HD tv is remarkable.

(Well, it certainly is in my local where I don't have to pay for it :) ....directly of course, that is... :( )

now before any jumps on me (leeds fans) when the cameras have been set at the DW I thought the coverage was spot on...... is it to do positions / space available??

if so, maybe SKY need to avoid Headingley!!

now before any jumps on me (leeds fans) when the cameras have been set at the DW I thought the coverage was spot on...... is it to do positions / space available??

First 3D game I saw was Wigan vs Warrington at DW, and I agree the camera angles were better (they were higher in the stand). But there were still very few camera angles.

Is this the same for other sports? The movies are good in 3D though at least!

I don't understand why they just can't have all the cameras at the game be 3D ones and just send out 2D to the Sky Sports using those cameras.

First 3D game I saw was Wigan vs Warrington at DW, and I agree the camera angles were better (they were higher in the stand). But there were still very few camera angles.

I don't understand why they just can't have all the cameras at the game be 3D ones and just send out 2D to the Sky Sports using those cameras.

Probably because 3D cameras are a bloody fortune, they probably will do that when its eventually affordable.

Probably because 3D cameras are a bloody fortune, they probably will do that when its eventually affordable.

I'm sure Sky can afford it with the money they charge for subscriptions!

The camera in front of us that was "broadcasting" for the majority of the match was down on the touch line. Not a position I would choose to watch the match from.

I bet Galapagos was good in 3D.

How did that theory evolve?

Only seen the one game and that was in the pub... Sorry I can't offer anything else.

I've only watched the Hull derby at NCP last season, it doesn't look right really. I can't understand the complaints about Headingley, too low down and can't see the other end of the pitch... it's exactly like being at Leeds.

I think 3D is a gimmick whose days are numbered. Once 8k TV's come about - no idea when that would be, let's pluck 15 years out of the air - then it'll be like being there anyway. As for the poor camera angles, they have to use different cameras and as there's only a finite amount of space available at the grounds they tend to be the low down spots. I watched the first half of Friday's game in 3d and enjoyed it well enough but then watched the second in HD.

As for, the many, saying HD is ###### and no better than SD then either a)their telly is rubbish b)they've got the settings wrong c)they've bought a HD TV but dont realise that this doesnt magically give them HD pictures or more probably d)their eyesight is very bad. Or maybe all four!

Apparently the BBC reckons that the future lies in what's known as Super HD as well, and they usually know what they're talking about when it comes to the tech side of things.The only people who seem to be plugging 3D to any extent now appear to be Sky Sports.

Apparently the BBC reckons that the future lies in what's known as Super HD as well, and they usually know what they're talking about when it comes to the tech side of things.The only people who seem to be plugging 3D to any extent now appear to be Sky Sports.

The movies market is the biggest driver of 3D.

Sky are the only platform with the capability to provide live 3D sport and make money from it, so it's natural that they will be the only ones pushing it.

I enjoyed the game in 3D. Yes they sometimes failed to follow the ball but these things happen. We also didn't have to put up with the innane ramblings of Eddie and Stevo. At least Barrie Mac is amusing.

I think 3D is a gimmick whose days are numbered. Once 8k TV's come about - no idea when that would be, let's pluck 15 years out of the air - then it'll be like being there anyway.

15 years is a long time!

As for the poor camera angles, they have to use different cameras and as there's only a finite amount of space available at the grounds they tend to be the low down spots.

I don't understand why they can't use the 3D cameras in the spots the HD cameras are in now, but just send out a 2D signal for normal Sky Sports?

I watched the first half of Friday's game in 3d and enjoyed it well enough but then watched the second in HD.

But surely if its supposed to be a step up in coverage, you wouldn't want to switch back to a "lesser" format? It's like saying "I watched the first half in HD and enjoyed it well enough but then watched the second half in SD." Clearly it's not a step up if you felt the need to switch back, and that's the point I'm making!

As for, the many, saying HD is ###### and no better than SD then either a)their telly is rubbish b)they've got the settings wrong c)they've bought a HD TV but dont realise that this doesnt magically give them HD pictures or more probably d)their eyesight is very bad. Or maybe all four!

Can't argue there. There's a HUGE difference!