Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

Town v Batley score updates

96 posts in this topic

coyle is a waste of space, his kicking game is woeful, he cant pass and his defence is shocking. if we had 13 brett carters we would be fine, he gives absolutely everything and puts his body on the line each and every game. great to have elliot back, finally we have some pace in attack. acton was the best forward by a country mile, and walne was really good, and lawton showed up well but other than them 3 i dont think our pack done enough but thats down to our awful tactics rather than there abilities. why we didnt start forber, who really livened us up when he came on, and put lupton at loose is beyond me. we missed stack in attack and boy do we desperately need matty back for haven which is an absolute must win.

That was a crucial decision by the flag waver ...that was dominant defence and Stokesy was ok with it . Then the same touchie sees Eliot put a pinky on the line when he scores. Why do we always get the odd touchie who gets involved !!! Mossop bombing an easy try was very poor to and yes the defence ... Well running from dummy half and plonking it down says it all . Groundhog Day is becoming frustrating . We have the chances , these teams are beatable but we just lack the nouse , the zip and creativity and line defence at crucial times to get us home .

The halves must change now . Connor is no centre from what I see , and Forber looks to have found some real form and confidence . They must see the realities in front of them or it'll be eternal Groundhog Day .

coyle is a waste of space, his kicking game is woeful, he cant pass and his defence is shocking. if we had 13 brett carters we would be fine, he gives absolutely everything and puts his body on the line each and every game. great to have elliot back, finally we have some pace in attack. acton was the best forward by a country mile, and walne was really good, and lawton showed up well but other than them 3 i dont think our pack done enough but thats down to our awful tactics rather than there abilities. why we didnt start forber, who really livened us up when he came on, and put lupton at loose is beyond me. we missed stack in attack and boy do we desperately need matty back for haven which is an absolute must win.

i have to agree with you on the coyle wonky. We are desperate for a HB.they deserved their win but i thought the officials spoiled the game. It was yet again a case of the opposition having a higher intensity level with and without the ball than we did. One positive is it was a big improvement on last week

The halves must change now . Connor is no centre from what I see , and Forber looks to have found some real form and confidence . They must see the realities in front of them or it'll be eternal Groundhog Day .

i can just here Sonny and Cher ,and see Bill Murray knocking the alarm clock off lol

Sonny and Cher , aye they'll do , they'll have a real understanding and that Cher has a hell of a kicking game.

I hope the Ref's okay, he seemed to be carrying a neck injury where he was unable to look left and right when standing in the Batley line

Well I thought you would have turned the dogs over today when I seen the local rag saying they had 8 players missing I thought you would do us a favour but there goes obviously still to strong for you. Don't want to talk to much about The rams as we were given another lesson by a very Strong Leigh team and I thought getting beat by Barrow was bad.

i have to agree with you on the coyle wonky. We are desperate for a HB.they deserved their win but i thought the officials spoiled the game. It was yet again a case of the opposition having a higher intensity level with and without the ball than we did. One positive is it was a big improvement on last week

black could have played in a dinner jacket today,superb display by the Batley half,thought Peter Lupton put in a few nice touches today today ,especially his kicks down the line on the grandstand side,but he really does need to be at loose .

Had to laugh at Coxy coming home ... ' well that's 30-16 , think that's no bonus point for town , let me work that out , mmm yes no bonus point for town ... Whitehaven winning 30-20 here '

Well I thought you would have turned the dogs over today when I seen the local rag saying they had 8 players missing I thought you would do us a favour but there goes obviously still to strong for you. Don't want to talk to much about The rams as we were given another lesson by a very Strong Leigh team and I thought getting beat by Barrow was bad.

good old luggsy from whitehaven makes appearance. Lol

Black did play in a full dinner suit , he went right off the pitch to the ambassadors ball... The ferrero Rocher will taste sweet.

We can't all keep saying we need a new half-back because we must all be wrong. I don't know what the coaches see different to us fans but it seems that we are all the one's that are wrong. I would like to see a half-back combination of Connor and Forber for a couple of games but I can't honestly see us getting that and we will get more and more of the same old, same old.

Peter Lupton of a few years ago would have had 2 or 3 breaks today but because he isn't as fast as he used to be he got caught. A much quicker half-back would have been through on those occasions. We certainly need to try different combinations and different plays as we are very predictable. It was nice to see young Callum, Mossop and Miller working a very narrow side for our first try.

We can't all keep saying we need a new half-back because we must all be wrong. I don't know what the coaches see different to us fans but it seems that we are all the one's that are wrong. I would like to see a half-back combination of Connor and Forber for a couple of games but I can't honestly see us getting that and we will get more and more of the same old, same old.

Peter Lupton of a few years ago would have had 2 or 3 breaks today but because he isn't as fast as he used to be he got caught. A much quicker half-back would have been through on those occasions. We certainly need to try different combinations and different plays as we are very predictable. It was nice to see young Callum, Mossop and Miller working a very narrow side for our first try.

everyone wants to see connor at half.

No not the refs fault . We're getting some harsh calls but we' re kidding ourselves if we keep saying that I'm afraid . Yes Keith agreed . Lupton has lost that yard and is now crying out to be 13 . I'd try Connor n Carl to , and we desperately need Matty to give that thrust , as young Callum isn't giving as much of that as I'd like . A spell off the bench against tiring sides may be better for him for a while as he's also taking a battering with players running at him a lot . But yes you do feel like your banging your head against a wall with all this . How bigs Haven now ? Doesn't even bare thinking about ...

refs fault then...... :D

No but all you want is a fair crack of the whip, we may well still have been beaten but when you watch the Ref the entire second half not turn his head either left or right when in the Batley defensive line, well you need to ask if he is up to the job of reffing at this level.

Don't be upsetting them lad they'll start saying your from Whitehaven like they have done with me for months

no bulldoggystyle you deserved your win and we should have got a bonus point. You showed higher intensity in your play something we are struggling to come to terms with in this league. However the ref was inconsistent with is decisions and missed lots but as i say you deserved the win.

There was a lot of shouts of "cheat" to both the ref and his TJ's but they are not cheats. What they are is totally incompetent!!!

Simple question for you Bulldoggystyle, were the Dogs never offside all the game in your honest opinion? Never once pulled up for offside by Stokes.

There was a lot of shouts of "cheat" to both the ref and his TJ's but they are not cheats. What they are is totally incompetent!!!

you will be on medication after this season k.t lol

I guess hemingways kicking took the bonus point thinking about it . He pinged em .

Generally, the standard of this division is such that any mistakes, by anyone on the pitch, are exploited. The best teams in this division play for a full 80 minutes and do not let their level slip at all. We have scored in the last minute of our last three matches now which pleases me.

You all seem to be saying the same things about your team. Experience would suggest that you need to change something because, even if it's a cliche, it's true, you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results.

Oh and one other thing, Batley are a decent side, don't lose sight of that!!

He wasnt good marra, but he doesnt miss tackles, knock on at the play the ball (twice), and kick the ball down the full backs throat time and time again, we all now that there isnt a goodun in the league, but its easier to blame the man in the middle than our own heroes ;)