Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

off the wall

raiders v haven

25 posts in this topic

sorry for a abrupt start to this thead. sick of hearing its a learning curve.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. INEXPERIENCED. AND PLAYERS NOT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT.

forwards done what was expected of them today its a shame the backs couldnt follw up with some insperational play .

hanney looked like andy ballard was trying on his shirt and knows the outcome already and cammy was invisible for half the game, where was the players that played in the second 40 last week. the bull cant do it all on his own,

if we dont start picking points up at home soon the dual reg thing wont even be worth going down.

i see keighly hammered york today and all down to the d#reg sinario and look who york hammered last week. again sorry about this rant but lets hope the learning curve starts to get some good straight results , i am crossing my fingers.

Haney had an absolute stinker today, error after error, both wingers looked pretty clueless and the centres weren't much better. Campbell was quiet most of the game, only Casey out of the backs had any impact in the game, the forwards were very good and gave the backs a platform to play but it just didn't happen.

The gate today was appauling and i fully understand that poor performance will bring poor crowds but after the last game i thought maybe the crowds would return. The Barrow Fans were quiet even in the first half and im afraid to say again that Barrow is not sustainable in this league with the crowds we have had so far this year.

Backs are where we are lacking. There isn't anything wrong with the forwards they are good enough for this division but the backs arn't. It's a reality we are going to have to face as three of Havens second half tries came from shocking defence down our right hand side which lost us the game.

What was gate?

1214 less than 50 whitehaven fans there though id Say

This time last year we played Doncaster at home with a crowd of 1320, You would expect a bigger crowd from a local derby but the results from the start of the year will not have helped.

a betting man wouldnt look at this league. every week there is a shock score line but it does not come with form. keighly had 5 dual reg players playing in their team against york. what can you take from a result like that , apart from 3 points.

liam harrison was the difference in the 1st half best 2nd row performance ive seen for a long time 2 tries and made the other our forwards got on top 2nd half thought you would have run away with it when you made it 20-10 good thing for us was no saints players needed makes the win feel better

massive disappointment today......playing like we did today the crowds will disappear even more

Speculate to accumulate with regard to the backs we need

After scoring just after half time I could see only one winner, but this seemed to kick start Haven, Rooney kicked us to death after this and in the end Haven ended up deserved winners. Another game of 2 halves for us today only this time it was the 1st half not the 2nd where we played well, the reverse of last weeks performance.

Too many silly mistakes and missed tackles resulted in us throwing away a game we should have easily won.

I still can't believe we lost. Last week in reverse! What a massive let down. Bet Whitehaven can't believe they actually won today! Jesus !

i see keighly hammered york today and all down to the d#reg sinario and look who york hammered last week.

Dont think so mate we had ONE player that has come from Cas and he has signed on loan for the full season, no Dual reg lads at all........

In my view we lacked ball in the second half and that's why we lost. As the ozzies would say it's impossible to win a footie match without the ball.

keighly had 5 dual reg players playing in their team against york.

ARE YOU FOR REAL ??? We had one guy from Cas who is on a seasons loan (Charlie martin) and one from Dewsbury on a months loan (Elliot Cosgrove) other than that IT WAS all OUR boys that stuffed York.We didn't today, and have never had all season, 5 players on Dual Reg .... I'm all for banter and a bit of internet rivalry ,..but seriously get your facts right before posting :-(

Forwards did there job today, the backs were fooking awful especially larkin and haney. saying that the rest of the three quarters were ###### too, offered us nothing in attack ane werent much better in defence. barrow should have won that game by 20 points but made an absolute ###### if it. also why was finch not used sooner?? he'a by far the best hooker we have, he offers more than mossop in attack

Brannon and spencer made a huge impact when they came on.

Good move leaving kaighan and dandy out. They don't offer anything for me.

Haney and Larkin were awful today. I'd give Haney a second chance as hes usually reliable.

Haney is the only fullback we have as Dean McGilvary is a winger (when he returns from injury) and is NOT a fullback as we have seen from the performances before he got injured.

Low, Larkin, Wiper are at best Championship 1 players.

Clay looks useful but we rarely get the ball out to the wings ....no wonder James Nixon quit.

If young Tom Brannon is fit yet he should be given a wing berth to see what he can do (if we can get the passes out to the flanks).

We were beaten today by a very average side (like ourselves) but they wanted it more and made less mistakes than us in the 2nd half.

Will stick to this thread posting as some of the stuff being posted on the other thread is silly.

As it stands the forwards are good enough for this division. They are young but they have adjusted. I think we may have to put Bull in the centres. The props are fine, Butler and Brennan should start with Dawson and Spencer coming on to make an impact. Whitehead, Mcgoff and Haggerty can be called upon to fill in when needed. Second rowers we've got Haggerty, Jones and Bull currently. Personally I'd keep Jones on for the whole 80, he's an absolute workhorse and his tackling is badly needed. I bet if he plays the full 80 he will average 40 tackles a game. Then to give Haggerty a rest I'd put Mossop in at 13 and move Toal into second row for a spell. Think Mossop is defencively good enough for 13 and will be good to have a ball handling 13 for a spell mix things up abit. I think today Haney just had a bad day, nothing to do with quality he just had one of them so I'd keep him at full back. Larkin was found wanting again today so I'd give Brannon the game against Leigh (I don't think we're going to get anything from Leigh) and see how he goes. Mcgilvary to come back to his preferred position of wing when he's fit. Clay is fine on the other wing. Then its out of Wiper and Lowe for the other centre and I really wouldn't know who to choose. Wiper slightly better attack Lowe is better in defence. Pick whoever is best on form. Then Harrison in at centre.

Guess that's a way to make the backs a tad better. The game on easter monday is a must win.

ive posted similar on the other thread raiderskid

why not try bring in livvy from walney again, very unlucky with that injury last year! i'd also like to see adam nicholson in from dalton i'm sure both lads could hack it in this league and certainly can't be worse than what we have

1214 less than 50 whitehaven fans there though id Say

more like 80/90 maybe more mate there was 44 on the bus not quite full who were behind the sticks both halves and when we walked down the bottom end i passed a lot of haven fans that went down in cars. the worst barrow we have played for a long time except liam harrison. your full back had a shocker we didnt think it would be so easy 2nd half jamie rooney had a blinder