Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

Adam Lawton

47 posts in this topic

He hasnt been mentioned so far in threads. I thought the lad played well today especially as he hasnt played for a while and i would like to see him back in a town shirt. He's a big lad. His one on one steal near their line was nice to see and his big strides making yards was good to watch

Very promising indeed. And only getting better I'd say .Definitely that third impact second row we've been looking for .

Also very impressed with Acton , real good today .

A man mountain in our next weeks 17 I hope

He will have to be!! Only kidding looking forward to you guys coming over next weekend. Been a long time since we played you guys and hopefully you will enjoy your trip over.

Me too, this is our big day out so hopefully it will be an enjoyable game

a case of damage limitation just like it will be for all cumbrian clubs. Be glad when its out of the way. Just being honest. To get through it injury free will be good IMO

yeah lawton had an impressive game, although i think he might be jps long lost brother. i dont think shacks has made the impact he did last year and hopefully he can regain some form as well. hopefully calders will be back for haven as hes far more comfortable under the high ball as declans technique was pretty poor today when trying to take the catch

a case of damage limitation just like it will be for all cumbrian clubs. Be glad when its out of the way. Just being honest. To get through it injury free will be good IMO

The problem is you couldn't have played us at a worse time either with us losing on Thursday night as I'm sure we will want to right a few wrongs as we only lose 2 games in the league as a rule. I really do hope we don't put 50 plus on you guys though as I hate the one sided games as our team get complacent in the second half and I think that had sumat to do with us losing on thurs with us racking up the points week in week out we probably thought it was going to be easy.

even if stack is fit enough to play i wouldnt play him. i would even get as many widnes lads as possible to give our lads a break and make sure were all fit for good friday. if we can stay within 30 points it would a decent job done

yeah lawton had an impressive game, although i think he might be jps long lost brother. i dont think shacks has made the impact he did last year and hopefully he can regain some form as well. hopefully calders will be back for haven as hes far more comfortable under the high ball as declans technique was pretty poor today when trying to take the catch

probably why he hasn't played on the wing to often ;)

I was thinking that about Shacks Wonky . To often took it standing still and struggling a bit to cause any major problems against these big , quality teams

Gaz like most clubs fev away is a big ask. Our priority is whitehaven at home on good Friday. I predict no cumbrian club will beat the top four home or away.

Gaz like most clubs fev away is a big ask. Our priority is whitehaven at home on good Friday. I predict no cumbrian club will beat the top four home or away.

I just hope you guys enjoy the trip over regardless of the result as its been a long time since we last played each other. You guys have nothing to lose next weekend and I'm not expecting a roll over of a game unless its sunny

probably why he hasn't played on the wing to often ;)

you dont have to be a winger to catch a ball. our best taker of bombs is a second rower.

That's the aim gaz to stay in the league and build on it. It been a steep learning curve so far. Competing with the intensity level of the opposition is what we need to strive for.

If we get a BP fantastic wont be the word Gaz ! The Popes first miracle more like ...

If we get a BP fantastic wont be the word Gaz ! The Popes first miracle more like ...

Well after watching hewer on Thursday night penalise us every two minutes I wouldn't rule it out David if he's in charge next weekend too.

you dont have to be a winger to catch a ball. our best taker of bombs is a second rower.

agreed mate - you just need to be a lot more assured when your the last man and having to cope with the high swirling ball. Didn't handle it too well today but seen the last three games and he did pretty well under the high ball .Learning I suppose what its all about.

Thought Lawton for his first game in nearly 18 months and hes still not 100% right did well today . Must be difficult only having one training session with the team on a Saturday morning and then playing Sunday. Hope there more to come from him given game time.

Don't criticise him gaz or you will be in trouble.

i see him out jogging regular and have to bite my tounge

Don't criticise him gaz or you will be in trouble.

i see him out jogging regular and have to bite my tounge

I swallowed mine on Thursday night

even if stack is fit enough to play i wouldnt play him. i would even get as many widnes lads as possible to give our lads a break and make sure were all fit for good friday. if we can stay within 30 points it would a decent job done

Yes, we need to box clever over our next 3 games. Fev away, then Haven at home on Good Friday and also Leigh away on Easter Monday. Three hard games with the haven game being our most likeliest for a win so, yes, let's use the DR system next week to its fullest. It won't do us any good being bottom of the league and saying well at least we didn't use the DR system like others have done. I would definitely give Connor and Forber a game together next week at half-back just to see how they go.

Adam Lawton did very well for his first game in a long time. He would be a very welcome addition to our already strong pack of forwards and I would be doing everything possible to get him here on a season long loan, never mind DR, and I believe he is out of contract at Widnes at the end of this season. You never know!!!!