Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

Adam Lawton

47 posts in this topic

Adam Lawton did very well for his first game in a long time. He would be a very welcome addition to our already strong pack of forwards and I would be doing everything possible to get him here on a season long loan, never mind DR, and I believe he is out of contract at Widnes at the end of this season. You never know!!!!

he was due to join on a season long loan before getting his hands injured at the start of the season and they are all fighting for new contracts which also means Worky will get nothing but 110% from these lads

Adam Lawton did very well for his first game in a long time. He would be a very welcome addition to our already strong pack of forwards and I would be doing everything possible to get him here on a season long loan, never mind DR, and I believe he is out of contract at Widnes at the end of this season. You never know!!!!

I know Adam well and he wants to Captain Widnes his home town team sometime.He will only get better with game time as been injured and only just started proper training.

Yes, we need to box clever over our next 3 games. Fev away, then Haven at home on Good Friday and also Leigh away on Easter Monday. Three hard games with the haven game being our most likeliest for a win so, yes, let's use the DR system next week to its fullest. It won't do us any good being bottom of the league and saying well at least we didn't use the DR system like others have done. I would definitely give Connor and Forber a game together next week at half-back just to see how they go.

Agreed and pull Declan back in to the centres where he looks more dangerous.

AS for DR aren't we down to the bare bones now anyhow. Was Gaskell injured as I don't recall seeing him come off the bench or did I miss it? Presume Patricks away again.

AS for DR aren't we down to the bare bones now anyhow. Was Gaskell injured as I don't recall seeing him come off the bench or did I miss it? Presume Patricks away again.

Declan has played mainly centre in the Widnes Academy.Glad both youngsters are playing well for your team.

Gaskell was standing on the touchline when the hooter went, so i dont think he actually got on the pitch. Our new scoreboard clock was showing about 2 and a half minutes to go when the hooter went as well!!

morris and calders will be back soon so im not sure putting declan back to centre will be an option.

Hulme offers more in attack than any of our other centres

not as much in defence as any of them either

He just doesn't look a winger , his awful technique under the high ball tells that , and his lack of involvement there probably means he doesn't like it either . Connor shifting in may make room for him , although it was great to see Rooney in the warm up moving freely . But you can't have enough options !

to be fair we could have any centre in the world but if we dont have players to get them the ball then its pointless. i would take rooney over everybody else in the centres as hes as solid as a rock in defence and knows where the try line is.

Aye the ball can move faster than a man ... If you've mastered the art . Alas we haven't . Justin Hodges would have his work cut out with the quality of ball fed wide by our middle guys .

not as much in defence as any of them either

That doesn't show in the stats of the game's Hulme has played - 3 try's in total conceded on the edge where Mossop /Hulme ( Swinton & Barrow) & Hulme /Patrick ( Doncaster and Connor /Hulme( Batley) had partnered - although when you have put down a couple of bombs your defence is always going to be questioned

Mind i think the ref should have had a look at the number sevens boots because the height he was getting on those bombs i think he must have had steel toecaps ha ha.

Wonky is Adam`s personal shoe shine boy, he shines shoes all day long and gives Adam a very cheap shine of his shoes....

Not on the Official site and how you know?

Probably been seen coming out of Workington's ground last night after training ;)

Not on the Official site and how you know?

he put on twitter, and it was announced today that him,hulme and gore are in the town squad for sunday.

If Gore, Hulme and Lawton are in the squad - is Charlo making sure more are sure to be fit and fresh for the game vs Haven?