Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deluded pom?

Super Leagues Biggest Derby

26 posts in this topic

Oh God, please not again... :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :ph34r:

Why is Michael Dobson doing the Harlem Shake?

I thought he had a headache, a tense nervous headache starting at the back of his head and gradually moving upward.

It doesn't say it's the biggest, just the best.

And in the sense that it is almost always hilarious, I would agree.

It doesn't say it's the biggest, just the best.

And in the sense that it is almost always hilarious, I would agree.

Happy now DP?

Oof, that's a bit private. :blink:

Eh? :huh:

Over my head I'm afraid... :(

What counts as a "Derby?" If it's clubs from the same city then it's either FC v KR or it's Cas v Wakey. There aren't any others in SL are there? I suppose everyone says Wigan/Saints is the best or Leeds/Bulls. But are they Derbies in the true sense of the word?

Er no - not over your head! ! ! :\

What counts as a "Derby?" If it's clubs from the same city then it's either FC v KR or it's Cas v Wakey. There aren't any others in SL are there? I suppose everyone says Wigan/Saints is the best or Leeds/Bulls. But are they Derbies in the true sense of the word?

This has been thrashed out numerous times, a derby is NOT a game between teams from the same city. Its been gone over time and time again.

This has been thrashed out numerous times, a derby is NOT a game between teams from the same city. Its been gone over time and time again.

Quite right Padge - Hull v Hull KR is the biggest rivalry, not necessarily a Derby ;)

It's probably the oldest rivalry as well :)

I'd say it was more inside... fairly deep, to be exact.

I agree. I always look forward to it, in the same way I used to look forward to Carry on Films.

Carry on Hull.

Michael Dobson played by Kenneth Williams, Lee Radford by Bernard Breslaw and introducing Sid James as Paul 'likes it both ways' Cooke.

And Hattie Jacques as Kath Hetherington, obviously.

I know that when Fax were in SL/Division 1 their fans regarded Bradford as their derby match. Whether the Bradford fans did I couldn't say. Obviously Fev/Cas is a very intense game but we don't play them often enough. I think Cas regard Leeds as their "derby"

Carry on Hull.

Michael Dobson played by Kenneth Williams, Lee Radford by Bernard Breslaw and introducing Sid James as Paul 'likes it both ways' Cooke.

And Hattie Jacques as Kath Hetherington, obviously.

Peter Gentle played by Peter Butterworth and Craig Sandercock played by Charles Hawtrey. How about a slimy actor to play Neil Hudgell. I know, Leslie Phillips. Ding dong.

I had Charles Hawtrey down to play Mark O'Meley.

You were going for irony, I was going for lookalikes. ;)

I know that when Fax were in SL/Division 1 their fans regarded Bradford as their derby match. Whether the Bradford fans did I couldn't say. Obviously Fev/Cas is a very intense game but we don't play them often enough. I think Cas regard Leeds as their "derby"

cas/wakey is the derby nowadays

good friday at the stobby will see the biggest and best derby in super league.......

good friday at the stobby will see the biggest and best derby in super league.......

Nice to know you've a big screen showing the game from the KC.

Is it Widdy v Warry?

Quite right Padge - Hull v Hull KR is the biggest rivalry, not necessarily a Derby ;)

It's probably the oldest rivalry as well :)

The Hull one is probably the biggest rivalry, whilst the Wigan v Saints is the most famous.and possibly the biggest in the national psyche.