Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

New Coach

59 posts in this topic

Why not come up to the Borough Social Club on Thursday night and show Watto the support he deserves for his testimonial !!

Riggy

sorry people I am not feeling the same excitment as every one else, don't get me wrong I will give him a chance. For me bad appointment and shows our intentions as a club.

There is one question I want to ask, why was Gary Chambers picked as coach? John said there has been loads of interest in the position, so why have we appointed a coach with no experience at this level?

I really hope John was not told who his next coach was going to be. I know I am presuming but something does not add up..

I will be there saturday cheering the lads on the pitch and for 80 mins putting the political shambles aside

well done Andy.

After speaking with Watto, i believe Gary is in actual fact a deputy head at Harrop Fold.

Yes, that rings a bell, Alan. A great opportunity, if packaged correctly.

It's difficult to argue about experience. There's coaching at club and representative level, but especially, bridging that gap between youth rugby and open age. Hopefully that will translate into i) building a relationship with the local game and ii) turning some of the "Warrington" players into long-term "Swinton" players.

Why not come up to the Borough Social Club on Thursday night and show Watto the support he deserves for his testimonial !!

Riggy

I'll be there Riggy!!! Plus 3 others with me.

Best comment of the week.

You could have of course flowered it up into a twenty paragraph essay/biography......

Or mentioned Necromancers. Im still bowed over with that one!

Im still a little baffled though myself. Warrington's website says a long goodbye to Gary Chambers, surely highlighting that he is LEAVING them for US! He isn't doing both jobs, still on the Warrington payroll or anything connected with them so why would he do anything to jeopardize or compromise his job with us.

Welcome to the Lion's Den Gary and best of luck to you!

Isn't there an age limit on here like Facebook?

Mental age limit, that'll stop him