Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

Shaun Edwards

34 posts in this topic

I'd love to see him back in the game, and anybody else who has ever moved across to Union, but he would need to learn his trade and not be given the role of England Head Coach.

I don't think anyone sensible is saying he should parachuted in at the top. Maybe assistant coach at Salford, perhaps? Are you reading this, Dr K? ;)

I don't think anyone sensible is saying he should parachuted in at the top. Maybe assistant coach at Salford, perhaps? Are you reading this, Dr K? ;)

It has been a suggestion time and again on discussions around England manager - the likes of Edwards and Farrell are brought up regularly.

It has been a suggestion time and again on discussions around England manager - the likes of Edwards and Farrell are brought up regularly.

I did say "anyone sensible". :D

That said, if Edwards did return to the game, with his ambition, he might well end up in that job at some time in the future.

he won't be back anytime soon. Why would he want itchy wool when he has smooth silk?

I did say "anyone sensible". :D

That said, if Edwards did return to the game, with his ambition, he might well end up in that job at some time in the future.

Good point :D

Agreed.

Last season, Shaun Edwards was suspended by Wales for one match for getting into a heated dispute with another of the backroom staff. He's always been volatile and possibly Warren Gatland thought, or was advised, that a more amenable attitude was expected for a coach of a touring team.

He has done pretty well for Wales in Gatland's absence and probably has had a bigger personal responsibility. I think Wales are touring during the summer and he may be co-coach of the touring party.

In the Guardian article from which this thread has arisen, Edwards speaks only of the possibility of "re-learning" his (rugby league) "trade" as an assistant coach in the ARL... nowhere does it suggest that he had received any concrete offers at all.

Yep. Your statement of the facts seems to be being largely ignored though.

I wonder why?

Yep. Your statement of the facts seems to be being largely ignored though.

I wonder why?

maybe because most people hadnt read the article and assumed the OP hadnt made stuff up.

The conversation has sort of moved on from the NRL offers.

maybe because most people hadnt read the article and assumed the OP hadnt made stuff up.

The conversation has sort of moved on from the NRL offers.

This, in my case. Ta dave.