See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trig

knights v Doncaster

76 posts in this topic

Well what can I say,

Is anybody going,do you think we will have a team.

Any bodys thoughts

Sorry I have watched my last away match. Wouldn't even go to watch them at fax and that's 10 mins from my house.

Well what can I say,

Any bodys thoughts

We'll have a team but I doubt there'll be many York supporters there. Best of luck to the lads though, hope they manage to sort themselves out.

Well what can I say,

Any bodys thoughts

Hope they put in a better performance than last weeks effort.

Will be there as usual - will also be at Barrow & St Helens - about time people stopped

getting in a total panic after they apparently thought we were world beaters the week before.

Will be there as usual - will also be at Barrow & St Helens - about time people stopped

getting in a total panic after they apparently thought we were world beaters the week before.

I'm not panicking about anything, just going to spend my money and time on something more enjoyable than watching the toss we've served up at away games so far this season. I can't bear to waste any more of my life stood in a soulless, windy ground in some dump of a town watching a poor excuse for sport.

I'm not panicking about anything, just going to spend my money and time on something more enjoyable than watching the toss we've served up at away games so far this season. I can't bear to waste any more of my life stood in a soulless, windy ground in some dump of a town watching a poor excuse for sport.

But we're not at Hunslet this week??

as ive already said 4 games away 4 totally inept performances come on harold shandy(BATLEY) and macca (####)give me it

ha ha dump of a town...there you go again lol......you should seek special dispensation from the RFL so all your games can be played in wonderful York :lol: at the wonderful Huntingdon Stadium :wacko:

i would not go along with that bully lad always enjoy the crack at batley great rugby ground and facilities and fans like barrow, hunslet ,whitehaven great fans AND WE ARE NOT FROM FU444NK HUNTINGDON

I shall not be there. However I will be on the end of the radio and I will be supporting my team. Go team.

ha ha dump of a town...there you go again lol......you should seek special dispensation from the RFL so all your games can be played in wonderful York :lol: at the wonderful Huntingdon Stadium :wacko:

The Huntingdon stadium is not even in Yorkshire. :lol:

You tell him Ron, Huntingdon's dahn sarf where the Rugby's played with the foot.

and i cant play this week boss ive discolated an eyebrow fannies spring to mind am i now banned again andrew after hall your hard work :D :D

You of on bus big lad ?

twigged now not sure yet might be getting lift one way or another I'll be there.

If I go will I be presented with a badge, you know, nothing too pretentious, something like,

" he supporteth the team so that others may live and do likewise".

A pint of blood. Have you gone raving mad, thats nearly an armful!

Pi**ed off as the next person about Sundays performance after playing great against Worky,

but it happens, its now up to the players to react in the right way on Sunday, but heres a couple

of consecutive weekend results recently from full time, proffesional teams:

Leeds 8 Hudds 32 - following week Leeds 18 Wigan 14

Cas 22 Wigan 28 - following week Hull 52 Cas 0

I shall not be there. However I will be on the end of the radio and I will be supporting my team. Go team.

... and I'll be on the other end, Andy, supporting in a passive manner !

Be good to see Brett and Wats again.

You can read all about what happens in The Press too, if you choose to do summat else on the day.

That said, personally I would urge people to go to games, win lose or draw. It's what sport is all about.

This club used to be one of the best supported outside Super League, home and away. But now even North Wales Crusaders are getting bigger gates in the division below (no offence to NWC). Come on, people. Everyone on here knows the importance of supporting the team through thick and thin and thinner. If everyone jumped ship, we all know all too painfully well what happens.

Let's not forget, York is one of the top 25 rugby league clubs in the country and it has the potential to be a big big club (a place like this should have a much bigger fan base for both RL and football!), but it needs the city to back em home and away at all times, and collectively we have to STOP this downward spiral which seems to have been spinning for a few years. No offence, but really that starts with you lot, the diehards.

When the Knights started, not only were they new but they were underdogs, and the city loved getting behind them, and it all got on a roll. People should not forget that the club are still - and have always been - underdogs. In reality, we shouldnt be able to compete with Featherstone or Sheffield or Halifax given the money they've got, but we are in that same league as them FGS. We are beating teams, and we should have beaten Halifax - who want to be in Super League. Yes, we also played crp at Batley and Keighley, but it's sport, it happens. For every club near the top, there are many more who aren't. But people must still turn up in numbers, otherwise what's the point of it all?

On a personal note, it makes it so much more fun to report on when there are more people there, with more following the team at games, and on here, and on the Press website, etc (even if it's just to moan about crp performances, and God knows we've all had a moan about Keighley).

It doesn't feel good when a patronising York City fan or someone who doesn't follow sport pops on the comments section of Knights stories in The Press and says the club should give up, or fold, etc.

Rant over. Apologies.

Pete Martini

@PMartiniPress

PS As a Man City fan born and bred I can also assure you that if and when the good times do come, it is made INFINITELY more enjoyable because you'd stuck with it through all those years in the doldrums, on which you still look back with a certain warped fondness.

Aye well said Peter. Is that Saturday's backpage article?

I'm still not going on sunday though...

...but it's a family matter, not because of the performance the other day. I gave up Doncaster to go to Keighley and skipped out early on visiting my newborn neice (1 day old) to dash to Keighley for KO - I have to make a mends this weekend or .... :unsure: