See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherry and White

Samoa v Tonga

25 posts in this topic

Samoa just announced their squad for this game.. a very strong looking first 13, that would give anyone a game..

1. Chase Stanley

2. Tanielu Pasene

3. Roger Tuivasa-sheck

4. Steve Matai

5. Kalifa Faifailoa

6. Ben Roberts

7. Peter Godinet

8. Josh Mcguire

9. Maseda Iosefa

10. Roy Asotasi

11. Reni Matua

12. Josh Papalli

13. Harrison Hansen

Samoa just announced their squad for this game.. a very strong looking first 13, that would give anyone a game..

1. Chase Stanley

2. Tanielu Pasene

3. Roger Tuivasa-sheck

4. Steve Matai

5. Kalifa Faifailoa

6. Ben Roberts

7. Peter Godinet

8. Josh Mcguire

9. Maseda Iosefa

10. Roy Asotasi

11. Reni Matua

12. Josh Papalli

13. Harrison Hansen

I thought chase Stanley was injured and out for the whole season? Also didn't josh papalli choose Queensland over NZ and can't really see RTS playing for Samoa when he's a bolter for the kiwis in the up comming Anzac test and world cup.

Official team lists for this game as taken from official Facebook pages:-

Tonga - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mate-Maa-Tonga-Rugby-League-Rlwc2013/392487817491784

Richie Fa’aoso - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Glen Fisi'ahi - New Zealand Warriors
Mahe Fonua - Melbourne Storm
Daniel Foster - Penrith Panthers
David Hala - Brisbane Broncos
Sydney Havea - Hakame Broncos
Silivia Havili - New Zealand Warriors
Brent Kite - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Samsoni Langi - Sydney Roosters
Siuatonga Likiliki - Newcastle Knights
Sika Manu - Penrith Panthers
Sam Moa - Sydney Roosters
Fuifui Moimoi - Parramatta Eels
Benny Murdoch-Masila - Wests Tigers
Michael Oldfield - Sydney Roosters
Pat Politini - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Nafe Seluini - Sydney Roosters
Jason Taumalolo - North Queensland Cowboys
Anthony Tupou - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Etu Uaisele - Wyong Roos

Samoa - http://www.facebook.com/rugbyleaguesamoa?group_id=0&filter=1

488081_582913148408626_1273459030_n.jpg

And the game isn't live on Premier Sports, and as far as I can make out isn't being shown on replay at any time either.

With a team full of NRL players like that they must be a good bet to qualify from their group at the world cup.

With a team full of NRL players like that they must be a good bet to qualify from their group at the world cup.

everyone said that last time

yep, not now being shown.

PS aren't doing themselves any favours just lately.

I think this is a great addition. What a shame it isn't being played in Tonga or Samoa. If RL is serious about the international game, then these nations must be given international opportunities during representative weekends, just as Aus and NZ are. 

Would be great if Cook Islands and PNG had a game on as well.

This will give islanders more incentive to play for their home nations rather than the big nations.

I've just watched the game on a certain website (it came on after the SOO U20 game which I missed) and it was a really good game. Tonga look to be a very big team and I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Shay later this year.

Somehow I can't see an Italian victory

I've just watched the game on a certain website (it came on after the SOO U20 game which I missed) and it was a really good game. Tonga look to be a very big team and I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Shay later this year.

Somehow I can't see an Italian victory

It could be very interesting. The Italians are also likely to be a NRL second team, no pushovers.

im pretty sure i read somewhere the Tongan's had asked for fans to run on after the game, why i don't know.. trying to find somewhere to DL this game, but cant find nowt anywhere.

Amazing game. Glad to see Tonga get up. Amazing Hakas and anthems.

This needs to be an annual event!

Really positive article, would be great if those games became regular. It's also the first ever positive article I've seen about Leagues eligibility rules!!

It's annual for the next 5years apparently

It's annual for the next 5years apparently

Or, translated into traditional Rugby League terme, it'll never happen again. ;)

Full match from You Tube:-

Have a listen to the ground announcer in the background during the pitch invasion at the end of the match telling the fans to get off the pitch, shouting "You should be ashamed of yourselves" and "Have some respect for yourselves". :lol:

Anyone who is any doubt that this fixture should be a staple in the RL calendar should take a look at both Haka's and the emotion shown by the players in the lead up and singing of the national anthems, not to mention how into it the crowd are.. If Tonga and Samoa played a three game series each year with teams of this quality they would be challenging Aus, Eng and NZ within 5-6 years i reckon.. if not sooner. Without the Carrot of SOO you'd see some awesome Tonga/Samoa teams on a regular basis.

Anyone who is any doubt that this fixture should be a staple in the RL calendar should take a look at both Haka's and the emotion shown by the players in the lead up and singing of the national anthems, not to mention how into it the crowd are.. If Tonga and Samoa played a three game series each year with teams of this quality they would be challenging Aus, Eng and NZ within 5-6 years i reckon.. if not sooner. Without the Carrot of SOO you'd see some awesome Tonga/Samoa teams on a regular basis.

What about Fiji, PNG, the Cook Islands etc.? What that part of the world needs is a regular Pacific Cup that those nations can plan for.

What about Fiji, PNG, the Cook Islands etc.? What that part of the world needs is a regular Pacific Cup that those nations can plan for.

Agreed. Fiji and PNG in particular have huge potential, and regular international competition is vital for these nations.

Terrible news. Thoughts go out to the family.

RIP.