Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

The Brians, Smith and Noble on short list for Reds coaching job

22 posts in this topic

The sensible choice must surely be Noble.You need someone who knows the British game and can build some firm foundations,rather than someone who will take a year to fully understand the game over here.Maybe after 2/3 yrs,then bring in a younger Aussie coach to work with Noble.

Does Smith's work building foundations at Hull

And Bradford not count? Or the fact that he has coached teams to six grand finals in Oz, the last one only two years ago.

Runaway choice IMO

I'd take either of them at my club if Tony Smith was to move on.

Not sure if I have imagined this, but doesn't Brian Smith have a habit of not seeing things through to completion?

I'd take either of them at my club if Tony Smith was to move on.

Not sure if I have imagined this, but doesn't Brian Smith have a habit of not seeing things through to completion?

He left Hull for a "once in a lifetime" chance to coach St George and then left Bradford for a "once in a lifetime" chance to coach Parramatta. I'd still have him back at Hull like a shot though.

If Brian Noble did get the Salford job, i wonder if he'd keep Sean Long as assistant. Lomg seems to have done a decent enough job as Veiver's assistant, but with all that happened when Long walked out on the Lions tour i ownder if Noble will want to keep him around.

I think i'd be surprised if Noble did't get the job.

Does Smith's work building foundations at Hull

And Bradford not count? Or the fact that he has coached teams to six grand finals in Oz, the last one only two years ago.

Runaway choice IMO

Yeah he did a good job of building the foundations at Bradford for Noble to inherit in a pretty solid state!!

He did a good job of building the foundations at Hull only for the demolition crew, AKA the Hull board, to come in and tear it up eighteen months later.

BBC Radio 5 Live are broadcasting a rugby league special tonight from 9-10pm. guest include Marwan Koukash, Adrian Morley and Brian Noble. There is an obvious link between them ..wonder if anything will be announced?

BBC Radio 5 Live are broadcasting a rugby league special tonight from 9-10pm. guest include Marwan Koukash, Adrian Morley and Brian Noble. There is an obvious link between them ..wonder if anything will be announced?

Boots N All announced Brian Smith I think would be announced next week, it's a bit of doubt... I wasn't really listening.

Somewhat unsuprisingly it's being trampled over by the previous programme.

Apparently the good doctor was courting noble on the show....maybe smith isn't a shoe-in after all?

I heard last night that Brian Smith was going to be announced .. If this is the case, the RFL could do a lot worse than involve Noble with the Referee's, similar to Daniel Anderson's role down under.

I heard last night that Brian Smith was going to be announced .. If this is the case, the RFL could do a lot worse than involve Noble with the Referee's, similar to Daniel Anderson's role down under.

I thought Jon Sharp did that?

Referees apparently don't want that.....already threatened to go on strike

Well, according to Dave Parker

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/4842547/Super-league-referees-are-considering-strike.html

Yeah he did a good job of building the foundations at Bradford for Noble to inherit in a pretty solid state!!

it had nothing to do with matthew elliot then??????

Referees apparently don't want that.....already threatened to go on strike

Well, according to Dave Parker

http://www.thesun.co...ing-strike.html

Based on it being Dave Parker, I'd assume that they would be very happy with it and wouldn't consider going on strike.

Based on it being Dave Parker, I'd assume that they would be very happy with it and wouldn't consider going on strike.

Haha fair one!

BRADFORD BULLS are experimenting with Botox. Heath L’Estrange, Jarrod Sammut and Adrian Purtell — back this week after last season’s heart attack — have been injected to help reduce underarm sweating.

Hope not! surely the players need to be sweating, its an important bodily function! Why would anyone, especially pro athletes want to reduce it? Genuine question!